[✗] The Agents of The Archaengul (Ascended Rewrite)

Old-Rattlesnake

19 minutes ago, DivineJustice said:

1. From what this seems like, though I may misread, but this seems worse than the prior Holy Magics. Now, it targets all changed souls? Camille explained this better than I did, but this seems like making the magic more broad with the ability to target beings with altered souls rather than those who have been tainted.  I recognize that this was written a whiles ago, though I'm somewhat worried on the effect this has on any group or people's who seek to challenge the Agents of the Archaengul.

2. From what I've seen, they don't have any weakness, due to immortality and their magics affecting almost anything that could pose a threat. How would the Undead or other groups combat such a force?   

1. No additional beings are being targeted by Ascended magic with this rewrite, and we've even lost the ability to harm some beings as we focus the theme of our magic to the soul. There has been no broadening of our targets whatsoever.

2. The Ascended are not changing as drastically after this rewrite as some would think. We're already currently immortal (As is technically every other player on this server, regardless of having lore to back it up) and Aengul Fire (Our current main ability) is similarly quenched by dark magic.

Enemies of the Ascended have been doing just fine combating us thus far and I won't explicitly state what techniques you should utilize for fighting one, for obvious reasons.

3 minutes ago, Master Sage Delaselva said:

1. No additional beings are being targeted by Ascended magic with this rewrite, and we've even lost the ability to harm some beings as we focus the theme of our magic to the soul. There has been no broadening of our targets whatsoever.

I don't remember holy fire/soulfire ever being able to target Soul Trees, Golems(I assume Paleknights and Dreadknights are included?), Soul puppets, or Frost Witches. I may misunderstand, but all of those are soul-alterations which soulfire would now target like oil and simply burn them away. What beings are currently untouchable? 

10 minutes ago, Master Sage Delaselva said:

Enemies of the Ascended have been doing just fine combating us and I won't explicitly state what techniques you should utilize for fighting one, for obvious reasons.

The issue is that soulfire now seems to target more targets, and when many of these targets can't wear armor to shield themselves, due to lore, means that they're either instantly killed, or set ablaze and incapacitated. 

Just now, DivineJustice said:

1. I don't remember holy fire/soulfire ever being able to target Soul Trees, Golems(I assume Paleknights and Dreadknights are included?), Soul puppets, or Frost Witches. I may misunderstand, but all of those are soul-alterations which soulfire would now target like oil and simply burn them away. What beings are currently untouchable? 

2. The issue is that soulfire now seems to target more targets, and when many of these targets can't wear armor to shield themselves, due to lore, means that they're either instantly killed, or set ablaze and incapacitated. 

1. Soul Trees are not harmed, refer to the Aspectual Clause on the Soulfire slide. Golem bodies are similarly not harmed, only their (typically shielded) core is.

Dreadknights, Paleknights, Soul Puppets, and Frost Witches are all already harmed by Ascended pre-rewrite. There is, again, no broadening of our targets.

2. The Lore Team presented the restriction of armor blocking soulfire, and it has sufficed well enough. Most soul warped beings that can't wear armor are already designed to be fairly flimsy and need to be clever to avoid a golden sword to the gut, Soulfire, or any other holy magic. Similarly, soul-altered beings that cannot defend themselves with armor usually have access to magic which will disable Soulfire.

Hello your casual Soul Puppetry lore fiend I just have one thing I wish to point out. 

d0fa675d4686f6947205687084315cfb.png

Soul puppetry ironically doesn't deal with souls. It's currently being worked on to deal more so with the void by the MT at the moment. 

Soul Puppetry worked on a connection which was made once you get a bodily item (blood, sweat, saliva, teeth, ext) from the person and attach it to the body. Visualise the person in mind and then connect to them. You're not directly effecting the soul, or indirectly just the physical body of the victims. If you where to effect the soul it'll create a wide range of curses which can be performed but that'll be deemed to overpowered in current means.

That also being said with your example. The puppet wouldn't have an aura/soul as it's a figment of the person (bodily item) attached to connect. Then I presume the "aura" next to it is the puppeteer themselves. 

As i'll point out Soul Puppetry practitioners wouldn't be corrupted the puppets would be however. So having the soul/aura 'crack' like this wouldn't be the case with the puppeteers.

-

Thank you

~ Westen

22 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

Voidal puppetry

Wasn't that removed like, a long time ago?

Just now, Aelsioln said:

Wasn't that removed like, a long time ago?

Yes but I was meming about them saying soul puppetry has to do with the Void.

On 1/2/2017 at 11:53 AM, Evocress said:

Hello your casual Soul Puppetry lore fiend I just have one thing I wish to point out. 

d0fa675d4686f6947205687084315cfb.png

Soul puppetry ironically doesn't deal with souls. It's currently being worked on to deal more so with the void by the MT at the moment. 

Soul Puppetry worked on a connection which was made once you get a bodily item (blood, sweat, saliva, teeth, ext) from the person and attach it to the body. Visualise the person in mind and then connect to them. You're not directly effecting the soul, or indirectly just the physical body of the victims. If you where to effect the soul it'll create a wide range of curses which can be performed but that'll be deemed to overpowered in current means.

That also being said with your example. The puppet wouldn't have an aura/soul as it's a figment of the person (bodily item) attached to connect. Then I presume the "aura" next to it is the puppeteer themselves. 

As i'll point out Soul Puppetry practitioners wouldn't be corrupted the puppets would be however. So having the soul/aura 'crack' like this wouldn't be the case with the puppeteers.

-

Thank you

~ Westen

Quoting directly from the Soul Puppetry lore:

Other things that Soul Puppeteers are able to do is ‘alter’ someone’s soul.

Puppets are the thing that allows the magic to be used. Without one, someone can not use the magic due to them needing to link the soul to the puppet.

Puppets, not the soul puppeteer, would still violate the second criteria of Soulfire. Given than if you physically have the puppet in hand anyway you can just destroy it by other means it's not too much of a stretch to say Soulfire could destroy it. Soulfire harming the puppeteer is not possible. That said, I'll happily alter this verdict when I see the voidal changes you've mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Master Sage Delaselva said:

Quoting directly from the Soul Puppetry lore:

Puppets, not the soul puppeteer, would still violate the second criteria of Soulfire. Given than if you physically have the puppet in hand anyway you can just destroy it by other means it's not too much of a stretch to say Soulfire could destroy it. Soulfire harming the puppeteer is not possible.

I'll address this in to the MT working on changing SP lore merging it into the void. This wouldn't be the case. As it does state in lore it was never RP'd as such to my belief as even Factcore didn't RP it violating souls who was one of the main creators of the magic. 

I'll write back when this is all confirmed. I also mentioned it couldn't harm the puppeteer but I didn't mention which you are correct harm the puppet. As the puppet is the source.

On 1/1/2017 at 5:55 PM, Camille said:

So could an ascended in theory continuously keep a dark being in a coma without killing them by applying the fire? Or is this just in the case of attempting to kill them? Your mentioning of curses being unaffected by soulfire  is confusing since the soulfire apparently  remove/weaken "any boons gifted by their Warped Soul will steadily weaken." This is mostly me speaking as fwitch lore holder (esp in regards to incurable afflictions) so I suppose a specific private conversation on that might be in order? You can ask leric for my skype if you'd like.

An Ascended could continuously keep a dark being comatose in the same manner a normal person could continually hit their prisoner with a shovel whenever they wake up. Normal rules apply for prisoners that are being held without roleplay, and they may soulstone out after time has passed.

Rapturous Soulfire weakens, but does not sever the connection; I've amended the paragraph on it to specify such. It will not revert a fwitch to a mortal, and this goes for any dark creature. Curses as you mention are similarly dulled when affected, but not destroyed. This is a temporary effect, and their magical skills will not be hampered.

If criteria one, two, or three are met the fire will either begin dulling the alterations to the soul or destabilize the link between a manipulated structure and it’s displaced soul.

I thought soul magic was a monk thing ... *shug*

As I have with Aelesh, I must express my need to speak about some aspects of this lore, mostly in the description of souls and how the Soul Stream is regarded. I believe you have my Skype.