Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dreek

FM Update Log - July

15 posts in this topic

 

Monthly FM Log

 

Introduction

Hi everyone, another month has gone by since our last report to the community so here we are again. The FM team has been prioritizing internal reforms to our protocol this month, but we do have 1 or 2  things in the works for the community that we’ll be releasing in the coming week, so be sure to be on the lookout!

 

New Forum Team Managers

A  new manager has stepped in to offer his experience and work ethic. We’d like to announce Mitto as our newest manager, he has shown an intense work ethic ever since being added to the team and has striven to complete projects outside the standard bounds of an FM.

Please give him  a hearty welcome

 

 

 


 

01c62113822ce594ef7b4ed3240495b2.png

 

 

 

 

New Forum Team Moderators

We’ve had a few new faces join the team in order to fully revitalize the team and put us back up to prime working condition!

Please welcome them with open arms!

 

 

 


 

48217b52dc189cbbb2f44042bb2d3f51.png

babcbb9b6f0040116d69305a97c156f1.png

96f9a8a827ae4ef39581e957135bc51e.png

 

 

 

 

Moderator Actions

With this month’s issue of our team report I’d like to take the time to publicize our quota system. Every month an FM is required to notch up 4% of the quota, with managers being required to hit 3% of the quota. This quota acts as a very basic activity check for each member and includes the number of times a user has run a saved action(EX: ‘archive’ or ‘complete a support request’), hidden, locked, pinned, warned, and/or completed a report.

 

 

 


 

Percentages for each member

0df3773afbc79b27b55761bc608a23f2.png

Raw data for each member

221351a1c464f8f93c779a0bec980a7e.png

This month saw every pass their quota, with the exception of Volutional and Epicbeast. Volutional was absent for large periods of this past month and explained such, so was excused from meeting the quota. Epicbeast was apart of our 3 new members and was added a quarter of the way through the month. As a result he, like the Sagan and Cheshire, was excused from meeting the quota for the first month.

 

 

 

 

Norland vs Romstun Video Threads

Revisiting a similar issue from the previous month, we need to address the past few threads that contained videos of skirmishes between the Romstuns and Norlandic forces. While there is no problem with posting videos like these, and certainly not discouraged, the FM team is condoning the frequent nasty arguments and name calling that erupt from these threads. This counts as a warning to those who continue to spark and spread flame wars on these video threads, we will be handing out heavier punishments than previously.

 

Warning Appeals Reminder

I’d like to issue a reminder to all forum users that you can appeal your warnings over in our warning appeals subforum. I heavily encourage you to head over if you find yourself with any unappealed warnings!

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/forum/674-forum-warning-appeals/

 

Applicants

With three new members joining our team this month, we are no longer actively searching for new members. We still encourage members to apply though and put their names up for consideration in the future - especially if you reside in an oceanic/East Asian time zone.

 

That’s all folks,

Dr.Eek


 

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What timeline am I on?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dreek said:

The FM team has been prioritizing internal reforms to our protocol this month

 

he has shown an intense work ethic ever since being added to the team and has striven to complete projects outside the standard bounds of an FM.

 

Every month an FM is required to notch up 4% of the quota, with managers being required to hit 3% of the quota

abc

 

Do you realise how stupid this sounds? It might feel good to dress yourselves up in this flowery language but from an outside perspective it encapsulates the worst of the decline of this server. It's a game to have fun on but you're acting as though its a 9 to 5 job.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fyrste said:

 

Do you realise how stupid this sounds? It might feel good to dress yourselves up in this flowery language but from an outside perspective it encapsulates the worst of the decline of this server. It's a game to have fun on but you're acting as though its a 9 to 5 job.

0
 

JkfRWtF.png

 

KUSHJ5D.jpg

 

:thinkplant:

 



its literally impossible not to get 4% if you you're active, you'd genuinely have to not do anything

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Esry I'm so proud of you.

Edit: Also.. couldn't a member easily get pushed behind quota by another Fm having a day of archiving? I feel as though quota doesn't always accurately represent how much work an Fm is doing. Publicizing it also could get them to actively search out things to hide/move/archive/warn when it's not necessary-- solely in order to be a greater percentage on that chart.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't understand the need for an FM quota, couldn't you just keep track of who's active? i'm not too sure the community cares about how many moderation actions bobby joe made in the last month, bobby joe should be meeting the quota of doing his job

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dreek said:

oceanic/East Asian time zone.

time to rep my boy @P A R K E R

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Amordrin 🃏 said:

i don't understand the need for an FM quota, couldn't you just keep track of who's active? i'm not too sure the community cares about how many moderation actions bobby joe made in the last month, bobby joe should be meeting the quota of doing his job

 

^Exactly. 

My damn shop thread got locked before I could update it with the shop's new location and hey now I can't until I get the FM to unlock it :/ 

My thread didn't need to be locked nor had I asked for it to be. It wasn't a trade that was completed, like the FM posted. This seems like one of those just trying to meet a quota actions and the number 1 thing people hate on the forums is when their stuff is locked or removed. So... Why make FMs have to annoy the community so much each month?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Vaynth said:

snip

 

19 hours ago, Amordrin 🃏 said:

snip

 

11 hours ago, Aelsioln said:

snip

 

I think most people are taking the quota out of reality. I think what you need to understand is how absolutely miniscule it is. For instance Kowaman hit it, despite him being extremely busy a lot. As well as volutional only just missing it despite being away the whole month.

 

The quota is not the only way Dreek guages members. But because it's so pathetically easy to hit. (Easily archiving 10 posts and hiding maybe 20 stuff a month). There really is not an excuse for not hitting it unless you declared some sort of problem.

 

The saved actions quota is simply a way for Dreek to see if people have done /anything/ on the forums that month. If you've got less than 4% you've done barely anything.

 

Dreek also told me he looks at who's been taking in the chats, contributing to discussions and working on projects etc etc. Hitting 4% isn't a safety net, you could very well be coasting and never talking and still be viable to be kicked.

 

To address Vanyths point, not really. In reality there's only so much you can archive and theres a lot more potential in getting higher content mods in hiding. There's no need to unjustly warn, hide, etc because again I'll stress this, it's almost impossible to not get it if you log on to the forums for a few hours a week and do the job.

 

I hope this clears up any confusion about the quota.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2017 at 10:44 AM, Vaynth said:

@Esry I'm so proud of you.

Edit: Also.. couldn't a member easily get pushed behind quota by another Fm having a day of archiving? I feel as though quota doesn't always accurately represent how much work an Fm is doing. Publicizing it also could get them to actively search out things to hide/move/archive/warn when it's not necessary-- solely in order to be a greater percentage on that chart.

2
 

 

:J

 

Also mitto pretty much covered what I would have said

 

13 hours ago, Aelsioln said:

 

^Exactly. 

My damn shop thread got locked before I could update it with the shop's new location and hey now I can't until I get the FM to unlock it :/ 

My thread didn't need to be locked nor had I asked for it to be. It wasn't a trade that was completed, like the FM posted. This seems like one of those just trying to meet a quota actions and the number 1 thing people hate on the forums is when their stuff is locked or removed. So... Why make FMs have to annoy the community so much each month?

0
 

 

Sometimes people make mistakes and feel free to PM any other FMs to restore your thread; we don't bite!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Esry said:

Sometimes people make mistakes and feel free to PM any other FMs to restore your thread; we don't bite!

 

I did send a PM to Heero when I noticed it last night, currently just waiting. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aelsioln said:

 

I did send a PM to Heero when I noticed it last night, currently just waiting. 

 

 

0
 

 

Oh. I just fixed it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mitto said:

Dreek also told me he looks at who's been taking in the chats, contributing to discussions and working on projects etc etc.

i mean, okay. i can respect that. ultimately it's up to Dreek whether or not he'd like to write up a post literally only the FM's care about, my only argument is why waste time writing it for the community when the community will do nothing with this information

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mitto said:

I think what you need to understand is how absolutely miniscule it is.

While quota is certainly very low, publicizing the information to the community could easily turn this into a competition of sorts between FMs. I  personally experience this with my AT members at times, where sometimes I need to ask them to slow down and let others have apps, as they want to be the highest percentage on the data charts. If Dreek used this for his own personal records, I would see less of an issue with it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vaynth said:

While quota is certainly very low, publicizing the information to the community could easily turn this into a competition of sorts between FMs. I  personally experience this with my AT members at times, where sometimes I need to ask them to slow down and let others have apps, as they want to be the highest percentage on the data charts. If Dreek used this for his own personal records, I would see less of an issue with it.

0
 

 

I respect your points. I will say however, that the FM team deals with a few more empirical responsibilities than accepting applications, so we have an easier time allowing each other to contribute to the general workload, but also respect that if one FM does all the archiving for the week it will reflect on the quota, prompting other FMs to find different tasks to do (therefore encouraging a more general sweep of the forums rather than just filling your quota and buggering off). Publicising the data is only an act of transparency which has been requested many times in the past by users. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.