[✓] Kani DLC 1 - $6.99 USD

FreeHongKong

Teaching rules

Its implementation was trash, clunky, and subtracts from roleplay instead of adds.
For replacement: 3 months in the user gains the ability to discover effects through experimentation or peer to peer training without the assistance of their original teacher. 4 months in the user gains the ability to combine effects and thus utilize the art to its maximum effect.

Blood Magic clarification

The core function of the resonant effect (taking energy from environment and body) and the core function of blood magic (taking energy from body) overlap. You cannot use utilize blood magic to pull genus from yourself to fuel aggressive resonance as genus is already utilized by default. A blood mage would have to pull genus from another person and similarly, with resonance utilizing every form of energy, if an Oscillit were to lay down in a pool of fresh blood it could be treated the same as laying down in a pool of liquid mana. Additionally the limit breaking of genus enhancement should be roleplayed the same as the limit breaking that can be performed with any other form of energy.

Creature balancing and clarifications list

(I am aware afflicted are not creatures.)
Zephonim - Resonance may not be incited through any location covered by chitin.
Frost witch's - Fine
Nephilim - Cannot incite resonance through anything deemed hard. Through aggressive resonance consuming energy present over usage of such will snuff the inner flame, this putting the Nephilim into its coma like stone state. Conservative usage is required, liberal usage results in consequence.
Afflicted - Cannot incite resonance at any location that claims to be hard or armored.
Hou-zi - Fine
Klones - Fine

Continuous resonance revision

It requires no teaching to take and may now be taken immediately upon starting Kani. The feat exists solely as a choice of balance for multiclassing characters and needs to be treated as such.

i knew you needed some drive to push this out x)

But Dunstan, I thought we were culling inactive magics? :^)

Nephilim should not be able to cast Kani period. 

2 minutes ago, IncompliantLore said:

Nephilim should not be able to cast Kani period. 

Kani isn't a traditional magic, all it requires is breathing. No reason you couldn't have a monk dragon boi other than OOC want for being anti-magic; that said, the combination is still balanced.

8 minutes ago, Zarsies said:

Kani isn't a traditional magic, all it requires is breathing. No reason you couldn't have a monk dragon boi other than OOC want for being anti-magic; that said, the combination is still balanced.

Then it would snuff out the inner flame. Azdrazi are powerful enough already, I do not wish to see them given other avenues of power; not only does it meddle with their archetype but it is completely unnecessary in my opinion as the lore creator.

2 minutes ago, IncompliantLore said:

Then it would snuff out the inner flame. Azdrazi are powerful enough already, I do not wish to see them given other avenues of power; not only does it meddle with their archetype but it is completely unnecessary in my opinion as the lore creator.

Perhaps PM Dunstan with an explanation and he'll edit things then! :]

12 hours ago, Dunstan said:

Cannot incite resonance through anything deemed hard. Through aggressive resonance consuming energy present over usage of such will snuff the inner flame, this putting the Nephilim into its coma like stone state. Conservative usage is required, liberal usage results in consequence.

@IncompliantLore

what does this even mean

like i seriously dont understand what this is

On 9/1/2018 at 8:33 PM, Harrison said:

what does this even mean

like i seriously dont understand what this is

doing kani and doing dragon things makes you a stone man

Thank you for submitting your piece, it will be put under review in the second wave (the loremag after the current one).

Thread is being locked to prevent edits to the lore while voting occurs (if you need to make edits, contact me). Also, if you have feedback regarding the lore that you wish to pass to the LT, feel free to toss me a PM.

Edit: Due to the fact that Thanksgiving break was occurring for many, which resulted in hiatuses, the verdict for this lore should be expected to be given on the 5th or 6th of December).

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

This lore has been suspended/shelved. Contact an ST Manager or the ST Administrator for any questions or concerns.