Sign in to follow this  
Gusano

MY FINAL LETTER

MY FINAL LETTER

XZeYuduOGAQiY7Vcf4FUclCELf8h7qWZGWc7VTCQkPo8tChFshjOEFoSSqZmALXme9klJFJs1bjvuCfDXP2kAOdSHhZtMG9zMN93b40MAfpt2GhLe75KHeMHC5Xn1E1LBP0I8Gno

Signed by His Imperial Majesty, John VII of the House of Cascadia, Holy Orenian Emperor, on the 10th of Godfrey’s Triumph, 1725.

TO THE DENIZENS OF THE IMPERIUM,

A succession abiding by the laws of primogeniture has done nought but cripple the realm of man, not just for children like myself but also Godfrey and the many others who have fallen victim to the heavy crown that torments the mind, corrupts it and leaves nothing but a husk of a man remaining. I, just as my most beloved brother Godfrey before me, want no part in ruling an Empire. An Empire is something that no child must endure and yet beyond that this form of succession has long been the cause for controversial rulers, such as Antonius I, who drove the Imperium into chaos and was only saved by the rejection of primogeniture.

Therefore, I write this as a final letter penned to the denizens of my realm. I write this to inform those that I shall abdicate from my position, I shall disavow the name of Cascadia and change the succession of the Imperium.

SECTION I: ABDICATION

1. The Empire shall henceforth be passed in to a state of regency council, led by Persus of the House of Helane in unison with Charles of the House of Talraen de Rennes.

2. No new Emperor shall be chosen by the regency council under the old laws of succession, for one shall be chosen under the new laws.

3. No new Emperor shall bear the title Holy Orenian Emperor, but may name their Empire upon their ascension to the Throne.

4. The Kingdom of Cascadia shall be abdicated to the possession of Tiberius the Younger, who shall henceforth be known and styled as His Royal Majesty, Tiberius I of the House of Tiber, King of Cascadia

5. Therefore, the new royal house of Cascadia shall be the House of Tiber, with its royal seat at Helena. 

SECTION II: DISOWNMENT

1. I disavow the house name of Cascadia from myself, I shall no longer bear the name nor style myself as a man of Cascadia. 

2. I shall take the name of Aeneas, accompanied by the Duchy of Aenus underneath the crownlands of Cascadia.

SECTION III: SUCCESSION

1. There shall be no more primogeniture, lateral or any other form of succession in the Empire anymore apart from the new system that shall be published and put into immediate effect, penned by my hand.

2. The newly elected Emperor shall have a new palace constructed for them and until the completion of such they may use the palaces of Reza and Helena at their leisure.

IN NOMINE DEI

HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY,  John VII of the House of Cascadia, Holy Orenian Emperor, King of Cascadia, Marna, Mardon, Salvus, Seventis, Savoy, Courland and Santegia, Duke of the Crownlands, Avar, and Frederica, Count of Helena, Alamar, Frederica, Thelen, Lorath, and Cantal, Baron of Darkwood, Gravelhold, Fidei Defensor, Protector of the Heartlanders, Highlanders, Farfolk, et cetera.

Theodosia sits quietly within her bakery, and upon hearing the news, chokes on a bite of strawberry cake. She barely makes it out alive. 

An old Horen across the shores sighed at what had become of his ancestors empire.

“Idiot... hopefully they shan’t listen to this fool.” One of the many reading the missive says shaking his head as he reads

Mariana Would Have A Shocked Pikachu Face

“SHAME! SHAME!” Evan Lethes said.

“Haha what.” says Wilheim, in agreement with his cousin.

“Wha’ a disgrace o’ an Emperor! Bet ye’s wish ye sided with Joseph righ’ ‘bout now!” An infuriated, disgruntled northernman would rant while shaking a fist in the air

“Joseph never would’ve done this.” says another disgruntled northman!

Laurentina Julia casts the letter into the kindling flames of a newly lit fireplace, mumbling a single phrase to comfort her fried nerves, Dragons do not cry, for the fire in our hearts burns the tears before they fall. "

Caliph Abbas Kharadeen was sitting on his throne as he heard the news “WHAT!? NO! He would have been a great emperor...” He takes off his royal turban in thought and sadness

Hekkaes Goldhand laughs in Ulrah.