NLThomas

The fallen crow lays to rest [PK]

Posted (edited)

Jack Reynolds stood tall as the Scyflings attacked us just outside the woods by the cathedral there was not much left for us to do. there were so many but he couldn’t let his Brother in Arms die. The Scyflings swarmed the woods in which Ionian was hiding. in that moment, Jack picked up his sword and charged into the Scyflings just outside the forest. outnumbered Five to One he thought it would end there. He would swing his sword towards the Scyflings neck, decapitating him and falling dead on the ground. “Is that the best you can do?” yells out to the other four Scyflings. Managed to cut of a leg from one Scyfling but there were too many. Kicked to the floor he would stare up to the Scyfling, raising his blade far above his head to execute Jack. His expression showed no fear or happiness, but was glad he would get a honorable death. But then Bralt, ordered his man to shoot upon the Scyflings and Haensers. Killing the Scyfling that was about to kill Jack. all he had to say was: “Huh, lucky”. And with that luck he retreated to Haense, for the last battle.

The city was calm before the great battle, no rain nor wind, just peace. His best friend Sonna decided to visit just before the war, not knowing it would be so soon. Jack gave her his wedding ring on a chain. “If i won’t make it, please give this to my wife” is all Jack wished for. He didn’t get to see his wife before the battle and he would grow to regret this. Sonna gave him a hug as a few tears rolled down her cheek, “You better do nothing stupid” is what she told him. But Jack has always a bit stubborn, always standing up for himself and others even when he shouldn’t. Some would call it dumb others would call it heroic.

1777819323_image0(1).thumb.jpg.c63f19210a2d44695440e819fae7e222.jpg

Then the battle started, Scyflings would be seen approaching from a distance. I was placed to help drive them away from the dock. As the hoards of Scyflings approached those gates all they could do was fight. Fight for their home, fight for their family, and that is all Jack fought for. His home and family. The family he got over those many years. Bonnie, Amelia, but also Sonna, his fellow soldiers, Adelith who was fighting there with him. all he would come to see as family. Carrion after Carrion, arrow after arrow, would be rained down upon the Scyflings. They stopped them from advancing before he and Adelith got shot with a arrow. “Let me help with your wound child” he said towards Adelith, the little elf who he has known since she was only six. Grown up to be a young lady.  Of course she was more concerned for Jacks wound but it wasn’t his first time being shot. Scars paint his body from all the battles and fights. His wife didn’t like it but that is the life of a soldier. He treated Adeliths wounds before she went to get Sonna. He would stand back up after being helped, wielding his sword. For he still had power in him and will fight until his dying breath.

EMJ9aCsXUAEN-qp.thumb.jpg.47e4fe1cf5febd0ea4256deac646359a.jpg

He went to support western wall, there where it is the lowest. Fighting them off was easy until a javelin, thrown with the might of a lightning bolt crashed down on Jack his shield, sending him flying back. Again luck was on his side but not for long. a group of Scyfling Shamans approached the city walls from the village. Fearsome warriors he has fought before but never so many. He tried to use the ballista located upon the wall but it was too late, another Javelin came flying towards Jack, his luck has run out this time as it goes straight through his armor. Making him fly back once more and pins him to the wall. Luck really has run out, his skin growing pale as Sonna ran towards Jack. She tried her best to save him but he had reached the end of the road. He placed down his sword and with a shaking hand he would take out a piece of paper, a letter, one he wrote a some time ago. one he carried with him at all times for if he would die. The letter was for his wife, a letter in which he tells that he loves her with all his heart. and apologize for not always being the husband he was supposed to be, the father he was supposed to be. Apologize for leaving her all alone with a child if this gray day would come, the day he would die. He might not always have been a great man but he tried, and that is all he could do in the end. As he was pinned to the wall his life flashed in front of him. The memories of friends he made, his loving wife Bonnie, the knight Björn, Sonna his oldest friend that was with him from the beginning till the end, Siol, Syvis, Darien and so many more that naming them all would take years.

Tears rolled down her cheeks with her eyes glowing gold, “Don’t leave me” is what Sonna told Jack. His eyes growing heavy as he goes into that deep good night. The last thing he told to those around him that it was alright. Sonna would burst out crying as hold Jacks body tightly, but it was too late. Her tears falling down on him as the life has faded from his body. The javelin removed after a while before she would bring Jacks lifeless body towards The Grove, a place he visited often for it was the place his best friend would often be. She would place down his body into the grass, amongst the bees and flowers. Sending out his final message towards his wife. Upon arriving Sonna would have made him look presentable, stitching up the wounds and cleaning his armor. All shiny and new like it was his first time joining the Brotherhood Of Saint Karl. “I told you not to do anything stupidis what she said towards Jack as he layed in the grass. His hands on his chest. Everyone seem to have told him that for he was always reckless and out for adventure. His dead last expression was not sad nor happy or angry, but at peace, glad he got to die fighting to protect those who he loved. “I should have said one last time that i loved you” his wife said towards his body. But no reaction would come, even with all the power in the world there was nothing more to do. After all those years he was gone. But if only he could speak he would tell her that she is the love of his life and was happy with what they got to experience.

Now Jack his body lies buried close to the Grove. There will now be a tree growing for he got buried by the druids. This tree might not stand there forever but it is a reminder and grave for Jack. The man who wasn’t always perfect or felt like he mattered eventually did end up having a grave. And he couldn’t have wished for a better end.
The fallen crow now finally came to rest.

Spoiler

I want to thank everyone in Haense, the army and all the people i rped with for giving me such a great time on the server. This was my first character and played on him for like 6 months and wouldn't have wanted it to be any other way. Think it was a great introduction to the server and made me love the community and met a lot of people who i would now consider friends. Perhaps one day i'll return with a new Persona to Haense but i think now is a good timing to try out some other communities. 

Edited by NLThomas

Guest Bonnie Reynolds

To be written later

Sonna walked towards the sapling with a five year old in her arms and two foxes following her; a familiar red fox and a fairly new snow fox. She hummed with her daughter as she sat the child down in the lush grass, right next to the sapling. The child’s joyous laughter rang throughout the valley as the foxes proceeded to play with her, their mother watching on with a melancholy smile. Her emerald gaze then flickered to the acacia seedling, and her expression softened to one of deep sorrow, the elfess opening her lips to murmur something softly to the tree. “If only you were here to see it Jack.”
Naeri, the small mali’ame, turned as she heard her mother’s words, watching as a tear fell down her cheek. “What’s wrong haelun?” The child asked with a frown of her own, saddened at seeing her mother cry. Sonna quickly wiped her tears and turned to the child, “Oh nothing suika, I just miss your Uncle Jack is all,” She reassured her daughter, mustering a smile as best she could. Naeri pouted as she heard her mom’s words, scolding her as she spoke. “But haelun! You always told me that no one is ever truly gone. They are alive in our me-memories!” The girl insisted, though she struggled to say the last word.
Sonna’s misery started to dissipate as her daughter remained of her of the wisdom she had shared her, that had originally come from Sonna’s own mother, Awaiti. Her smile was genuine now as she scooped Naeri up in her arms, cuddling her close as she cooed to her. “You’re right oem’ii, thank you for reminding mommy.”
As the sun set, Naeri started to fall asleep in Sonna’s arms, the foxes doing the same at her sides, but Sonna stayed awake. As she held her child close, she remembered all the memories that she had made with Jack. She remembered when they first met outside the gates of Oren, and he had kept her company as they traveled to Sutica. She remembered when she was just a dedicant, and Jack would always come to visit her in the Druidic Grove, and when she would come to visit him in Haense, laughing with his fellow soldiers. She remembered him at her wedding, celebrating her and Melephor’s love with a brilliant smile, and she remembered attending his own, walking his lovely wife Bonnie down the aisle. She remembered holding his daughter Amelia in her arms, the child she had helped deliver and was named the Godmother of, and she remembered Jack holding Naeri in his home in Haense, saying that the baby looked just like her. And finally, she remembered holding Jack in her arms as he died, repeating her final words to him aloud as she sat next to his sapling. “I love you, my dearest friend,” she said with a soft smile, a tear of happiness now staining her face as she remembered the wonderful times she had with her closest friend.

Siol freezes in place as he learns of Jack’s death, his breath quickening and eyes widened in shock. The man falls to his knees, wherever he would be as he’d look down to the ground, droplets of water falling on it, the source of which were the elf’s eyes. He then took out his sword as he struck the tip to the ground, his head remaining dipped “Rest in peace, you tough bastard” he uttered, not knowing to believe it, though knowing for a long time now that he would have to deal with this death. Siol then gets up, his posture still uneased as he went through his memories with his dear friend Jack Reynolds through his head, whilst starting to sing “Jack Was Never”, laughter and tears intertwining as his emotions were unsteady, the elf continuing on about his path.

Brandt Barclay would reminisce of the times he had seen Jack, remembering vividly when he’d hear the sounds of Jack crying on the walls of Haense, though he had been to busy defending the walls to offer his assistance. The young man looked down as he spoke gently “Möge er in Frieden ruhen”

7c1d077e00a989edc9c5f5c25be31c67.jpg

Yung Merc, arms bandaged and slowly but surely healing, would recall the events of the siege. With tears in her eyes, she would simply nod as she thought back on the events of the siege and the man who in her childhood had been a father figure of sorts to her. Wiping at her eyes with her trembling left hand her mind recreates the haunting visual of that hand, drenched in his blood, trying to put pressure on Jack’s javelin wound to no avail and how the fight and world around her  had seemed lulled into a short standstill with his last breath. 

”Rest well, mister Jack. You did your best...”  

Posted (edited)

Melephor would come upon Jack's final resting place, approaching it slowly. The Mali'ame looked sad, tired, and defeated. He would frown at the grave, shaking his head lightly. "I'll miss you, buddy." He would say quietly as he kneeled near the grave. He would sit in silence for a moment, remembering all the great times he's had with Jack, before placing a single white rose upon the grave. He would stand up with a sigh "Farewell, old friend. May you find peace." He added, before turning and departing to parts unknown... 

Edited by Acostrob

1 hour ago, Guest Bonnie Reynolds said:

To be written later

Bonnie felt like she was being dragged down by something as she made her way to their house. She stopped at the front door and took a deep breath. Amelia gripped her hand tightly. ”Is something wrong?” she asked her mother. Bonnie looked down at her with a sad smile. ”Your father won’t be coming home this time, Amelia.” she said as a single tear rolled down her cheek. Amelia nodded and started crying silently.
Bonnie picked up the seven year old and brought her inside. She laid her down on what used to be her husband’s side of the bed. The pillow still had his scent. 
”Sleep,” She told the child, “We’re moving to my guild’s fort in the morning.” 
With that, she held Amelia until she heard small snores. Bonnie tried to sleep, but every time she closed her eyes, she saw his face. She saw his smile. She saw how happy they were together. She couldn’t hold her tears in anymore. She cried quietly, trying not to wake Amelia. Bonnie eventually fell asleep with a song playing in her head. The song that she hummed the night she taught Jack how to dance.

Llewelyn would shed a tear, having been unable to join the final fight because of his sickness “goodbye my friend”

As Karl returned home after the battle of New Reza, his shoulders slumped. He'd been told of Jack's demise right before he had meant to leave the city. Where his day had been made with the victory over the Scyflings initially, it had now been ruined. He cursed once or twice in a whisper, signing the Lorraine cross before sticking his hands in his pockets, letting his head droop and heading homeward.

The Amador returned from the pantry with a bottle of Carrion Black in his hand, slumping down in a chair before looking out the window at the moon, after a long sigh, he raised the bottle up in a toast 
"Cheers to you, old friend... You won't be forgotten.”

Posted (edited)

Fighting the shamans who were finding their way to the top of the walls using a grappling hook, Alfred had no chance to look around or do anything. Blood was flying everywhere, screams and howls could be heard from all sides, but only one sound was very familiar to Alfred. Throwing the poor pagan off the wall, he turned to his right and had something to see...Jack Reynolds, otherwise a good friend and a very experienced soldier, lay helplessly on the floor, with a spear in his stomach. Unfortunately, many more climbed the walls, so Alfred had no way to help the fallen Jack. Tears ran down his cheeks, tears of mixed emotions, full of hatred and sadness..."Sorry brother and friend, I will do my best to make this their doomsday !" saying this, Alfred continued to punch and kill with his polehammer, not only for the lives of men and soldiers, but also to revenge Jack..

After a long battle, after a long and arduous siege of Haense, Alfred unfortunately suffered several serious injuries, making him half disabled as he was limping from the moment he left the hospital. He was overwhelmed with enormous sadness, looking around hoping to find Jack's body, but still.. to no avail. "I guess you're in a better place now ... I mean, I am sure you're up there where you need to be, Jack! Rest, brave soldier, and look at us carefully, okay?" He laughed to himself, wiping tears from his cheeks.

Watching the death of his very close friend, Björn found it difficult to look away. His face was cold, full of hatred and anger, but he still managed to look at the situation calmly and relaxed. He shed a tear or two, but he still knew he would meet his friend from that moment on forever. "Come here, Jack, ye bastard" he laughed sweetly, going to sit down and wait impatiently for Jack.

Edited by repl1ca

5 hours ago, NLThomas said:

But Jack has always a bit stubborn, always standing up for himself and others even when he shouldn’t. Some would call it dumb others would call it heroic.

Nadya would let out a quiet chuckle to herself as a few rare tears trickled over her cheeks as she read of her dear friend’s death. 
A fockin’ hero,” she’d nod, glancing up from the paper as she recalled all the times he had been there to assist her in her many endeavours, be they business or battle. As she thought of this, a pang of guilt would hit her – perhaps regret for not having consolidated their friendship or not being as present to help him as he had done so often for her. 
Sleep soundly, ye brave bastard. Hope tha’ blade ah made ye served ye well,” she’d sigh, her words spoken upwards to the heavens. 
I’ll visit ye soon. We got some catchin’ up te do.”

A deep frown swelled across the face of the monk for the first time in what seemed like years. The world was upside down, demons spawned and attacked, and even drove life itself away. They were strong, surely, but the will of man was stronger. The Cycle as Jiangu referred to it was at its tipping point, barely holding on to its equilibrium.  “You’ve of taken my friend, his will, his life, and his body. For this you shall pay deeply betrayers of the world.” He’d continue to frown as he then immediately began writing to his own order of monks, preparing for war in any way he possibly could.

Posted (edited)

The Good King and Faithful Knight - fantasy poem – THE AMAZING ...

“Joseph Gaultier kneeling for his fallen brothers”

The Day of the siege the Scyflings created around the city of New Reza was nearly at an end for their troops grew thin and their belief even thinner though a large group of Shamans had not set their minds on losing today with all their might they atttempted climbing the walls of Reza though were quickly repelled sadly not before a few could land a fatal blow on one of Joseph's  closest friends Jack Reynolds the man noticed such and made quick aproach on the mans body who was barely holding on a thin thread of life shamefully Joseph was no medical man and thus could not help figuring he was more usefull on the battle field instead kneeling beside his friend he merely stated to Jack ”Ye best niet die ye ol’ foker” sadly to all our knowledge this was not the case as Jack indeed did die later that day Joseph having just another dream for his heavy PTSD to cling to he fell too one knee in the fast bloodied fields after the siege staring down at the ground still in his bloodied battle armor crying out “WHY NIET TAKE ME EH!” the man roared out assumingly towards GOD after he staid   there for a good few hours crying as the rain poured down on the troubled soul his then Girlfriend and soon to be wife Aurora Loughty placed a hand on the sobbings soldiers shoulder to bring him back home

Oddities from a Battlefield! | d-Infinity

”The bloody aftermath of the Siege of Reza”

Edited by ThatDutchFellow

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.