Sign in to follow this  
Draeris

The Everardines of 1787

tpNE-fKNMYXdzdoZX_wKbQ1mnC5-teMN7baymYECpq38DR2tNN_mYoDMTXh2l5CM7N601X1gcqCHaJaacP4R3ENqLT4HkkwwVgUXduqAqxUIP36M9OLjTuUzuiiEiDpbOKHyJsQG

THE EVERARDINES OF 1787

FOR GOD, EMPIRE & MAN. 

7th of Horen's Calling, 1787

CANDIDATES FOR THE EVERARDINES

Nr. I. 

Adrian Othodoric Helvets

@Draeris

Nr. II.

Lemuel de Langford

@Trenchist

Nr. III. 

Boudewijn Gerbrandy

@Proddy

Nr. IV. 

Theodore Zirid

@Seus

Nr. V.

Richard Hildwin Pruvia-Albarosa

@CrownedLime747

Nr. VI.

Toni Talhoffer

@Jagdkatzchen

Nr. VII.

Philip Louis Pruvia-Albarosa

@SerFinnick

Nr. VIII .

Leofric Edmund Pruvia-Albarosa

@MCVDK

_Ux5jzxQZ8XdEttLFZrNDHYySQwz-9rf6-O3j4t8yPRAHh2-PPVEy80eGCU_o9lspm4q33AtWbrKz4K0Xbh5ZBd0gVE9WDMpis_0ybHCE7pCvRaCMuAMlWd2VXV6oqyHxwqrtWzG

The Everardine Congress of 1786

THE EVERARDINES COMMITTEE

Chairman Adrian O. Helvets; @Draeris

Vice-Chairman Lemuel de Langford; @Trenchist

Campaign Chief Theodore Zirid; @Seus

Clerical Policy Chief Guy de Soissons; @Balthasar

FLAGSHIP PROPOSALS 

THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A MINISTRY OF CULTURE: so that a dedicated set of bureaucrats can author, update, rework and archive anything related to the cultural identities of the Empire. 

ENDING THE CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: so that the Cabinet cannot hold itself accountable in the House of Commons, leaving it to the people themselves to hold them accountable. We will separate the executive from the legislative. 

RAPPROCHEMENT WITH THE CANONIST CHURCH: so that their moral values remain dominant in our society, and Haeseni influences do not affect the integrity of Canonism.

INCREASED PRIVILEGIA OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS: so that the peers of our realm maintain a say in the affairs that affect their direct communities. 

SHARPENING OF SEDITION LAWS: so that the Ministry of Justice can prosecute those that do not literally fall under the definitions of sedition or treason, but do cause harm equivalent to treason and sedition.

MODERNIZE THE IMPERIAL SYSTEM: turning vassals into constituents, centralizing governance and allowing for mature constituents to develop autonomous jurisdictions of their own. 

PRIORITIZING THE SUBWAY NETWORK: so that there are always a supply of minecarts,  tracks and destinations within Oren for safe travelling of all Orenians. 

ESTABLISHING A PERMANENT NEWS PUBLICATION: so that the Orenians may be informed about all the policies, events and developments related to the Empire. 

REPEALING MULDAV LEGISLATION: so that our democracy truly can have a fresh start. 

ECONOMIC PLAN

DISMANTLE THE INTERNATIONAL JOSEPHITE FINANCIAL CARTEL: so that small businesses and start ups can progress in the Empire.

PROTECT THE IMPERIAL ECONOMY FROM HAENSE: so that our goods remain dominant in human markets.

COOPERATE ECONOMICALLY WITH THE CHURCH: so that we gain cheap produce while maintaining our Imperial influence in its institutions. 

EMBARGO NON-CANONIST NEUTRAL NATIONS: so that we make faith non-negotiable in who we do business with, and implore them to ally us. 

SUBSIDIZE START UPS: so that new projects by new inventors can find footing in our economy. 

DEMOCRATIC PLAN

EMPOWER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS IN HELENA AND OWYNSBURG: so that communities can be governed by direct peers and contemporaries. 

POLITICAL NEUTRALITY ACT: so that, unlike what the Josephites do, nobody gets fired for possessing a nonconformist political ideology. 

HUMANITY FIRST: so that we start prioritizing human participation and employment in government institutions and democratic organs. 

PROPER CONDUCT ACT: so that we can expect the best behavior from our functionaries and representatives. 

Edited by Draeris

Lemuel de Langford hastily orders a new, splendid periwig. Helena’s current political order seemed severely lacking.

John Ross would brush off his waistcoat, reflecting on the information. “Finally, an Everardine resurgence!”

Theodore Zirid, thinks this party is quite based.

Fr. Pius says: "I wrote these men an Epistle clearly laying out from the Scrolls the principles of justice and diligence. They have ignored this actual Canonist social teaching and instead done something that is not endorsed in the Scrolls: embargoing non Canonists. They chose the big, wavy and superficial gesture over the actual substance."

Fr. Pius later gives an official apology for this comment after being informed that other policies were to be announced shortly.

Edited by thesmellypocket

“Aye, the firing of Attorney-General Adrian Helvets was completely politically motivated.” Hildwin would say.

“Proper Conduct Act...?” Angelika Bykov scoffed bitterly at this. ”Repealing my legislation just because I am Haeseni does not sound like proper conduct to me.”

Philip reads over the Daily Kaedrini Dispatches, and stops to read the latest Everardine Manifesto, handing it across the table to his Deputy and then his Private Secretary with a scoff: “Write this down, and send it back to our white-nosed friends at the Far-I mean Oywnsburg. Header-Line-gold.png

I sincerely thank you for the nomination for candidacy, but upon reading the most recent reports sent to me by my colleagues, I find it of great urgency to formally decline the offer to continue as a representative of your party. Please make my excuses to the Party Chair, and I do hope to have both him and my dearest niece for tea in the coming days, should they be willing to accept.

For the Continued Glory of our Empire,

2rk50S9.png

Header-Line-gold.png

19 hours ago, Draeris said:

INCREASED PRIVILEGIA OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS: so that the peers of our realm maintain a say in the affairs that affect their direct communities. 

”Wow, transferring more power to an unelected body who we, the people of this country cannot hold to account? Appalling.” Vivaca Rutledge said in private to her brother, shaking her head in disdain. @1_Language_1

13 minutes ago, ApplePieKathy said:

”Wow, transferring more power to an unelected body who we, the people of this country cannot hold to account? Appalling.” Vivaca Rutledge said in private to her brother, shaking her head in disdain. @1_Language_1

"This is why I don't like politics. I'd rather be in the countryside where the way of white wigs don't affect us." The old man known as Wilheim scratches his grey hair a bit, before pinching the bridge of his nose. 

Meanwhile, a new specter, still learning what it ultimately means to be a specter, frowns softly at the tone here. "Canonism is the way to go, but understand that forcing someone to be a Canonist, will not actually make them a Canonist in GOD's eyes. Haense holds tightly to their reverence for Canonism, so I see no reason why the Liberaldines cast a hidden insult towards the hard-working, unique, and FREE kingdom of Haense. It is but an honor to be allowed to walk amongst them, even if it's chilling." Antanios remarks from afar, contemplating the impact of humans, and what plan GOD had in store. He believed GOD let him be a specter for a reason. He contemplated what it meant to be a specter.

(I'll edit this soon, mobile forums hate formatting.)