Announcement of Abdication

DAENGIE

WEupjuLTwGu4nronROgpkGPwgRqnhDZal9qHmypODtV8EXn46EbTHKTpSDBdSExqLhcP7f8rNgoqmIZqZeahKqh1iQrO3k2J1XjTLny5tjeeaFLhPt-o_1a4aq_VK-SNZHmPnHu_

Announcement of Abdication

Issued 6th of the Amber Cold, Year 19 of the Second Era

TO THE CITIZENS OF NORLAND,

It is with a heavy heart that I, King Halvar Edvardsson, hereby announce my abdication. Like my father before me, the time has come to release my hold on the reins of the Kingdom. The increasing tension between the Norlandic Clans, accompanied by the call for Kingsmoot have weighed heavily upon my spirit, and I have decided it is my time to step down. In my departure, my son, Sven Edvardsson, shall assume the throne as is his birthright, per our laws. 

40 long years it has been since I took the throne at the age of sixteen. Since then, the kingdom and its people have surpassed my every expectation of them and more. We have grown much from the duchy turned kingdom of my father’s time, and I would like to express my ceaseless gratitude to all those who contributed their blood, sweat, tears, and steel to ensure our nation’s prosperous present and bright future. It is because of this, despite our current troubles, I am hopeful in the furthering of this bright future under the care and tenure of my successor. Despite the nature of whatever office or occupation I hold from here on, know one thing. Though you are no longer in my humble care, my heart goes out to all of you, and any good citizen or ally to the Norland will always be welcome at my table to break bread and drink merrily.

Glory to Norland. Iron from Ice.

Signed,

Halvar Edvardsson, King of Norland, Duke of Varhelm, Protector of Highlanders

Spoiler

OOC: (One year is enough id say, was a great run, through highs and lows. Time to take a long vacation. See ya later boyos! o7)

The High Keeper, at nearly ninety years of age, continued to lament the day's drama with the volume and vigor of a woman of thirty, the sounds of yelling, shattering and crashing heard from behind the locked door of her office for the entire day.

Grand King Norli Starbreaker's beard shivers as he reads a copy of the Highlander king's resignation. "An honorable friend and ally, I knew you long before I was king when you came to dwarven lands to master your crafts. An accute sense o' wisdom, among many other traits, were chief among Halvar's vast capabilities. I lament ta see his reign end, but hopeful ta see wot follows."

The King is Resigned,

Long Live the King.

Dramyr goes back to bed and tries to sleep. It wouldnt work. He was too restless and convinced he had woken back up into some sort of nightmare.

With a heavy sigh Heinrik Karl, took another name off his King-friends-to-have-an-arm-wrestling-match-with- list. What a year.. 

Donovan Freysson would shake his head at Halvar's missive. "Coward! If you were a real King of Norland you would have left it to a moot of Rurics as I called for!"

Chieftain Hali of Clan Kvitravn raises a brow at the missive "So, 'e decided nae teh do ah Kingsmoot despite teh calls fer it and jus' passed it teh 'is son?"

4 minutes ago, Orlanth said:

Donovan Freysson would shake his head at Halvar's missive. "Coward! If you were a real King of Norland you would have left it to a moot of Rurics as I called for!"

"Call it again shithead!" Dramyr called from nearby with much agitation in his voice. "Oh wait you cant!"

Eleonore O'Hara de Astrea smiles softly, yet a bit of sadness rests in the creases of her lips. "He was a great king. I am sad to see him step down, but I guess change is the one thing we cant live without." She looks at Oliver, a slight sigh escaping her lips, reminding her of how much things have changed within the past couple years. 

10 minutes ago, Orlanth said:

Halvar Edvardsson Walks off with his wife in tow, giving the former marshal a middle finger and a sly smile he'd not given since his youth. As he made his way out, he pondered on what he'd do next with his newly claimed freedom. After some thinking, he decided a CABBAGE FARM sounded nice.

"What a day for Norland..." Cullas mumbles "May the King enjoy retirement."

Colorless fingers hold the missive gently, a curious face reading every word. Solomon knew this man, he knew he was important, but he couldn’t... quite... remember why. As his grip on the physical material fades and it slips through his hands and back onto the table, he savors the hints of memories behind his dark eyes. Whoever this man was, Solomon knew he had been a good king, and a good friend. This was someone to be proud of, and this was someone he cared for. 

“You've served us all well, and you have given far more than any thought one could give. Live on, Halvar... you blasted twink.”

Mika Uialben, though silent as he recieves the message through one of his council members simply stares at it while sitting at his desk before he utters "A king i've fought alongside with. While I have not seen much of him in the more recent years nor did much diplomacy on my end, I respect him for what he did and an abdication is merely a time to take rest and enjoy what you have built in your reign." He then sets the missive down onto the desk and reaches for a small shard of prismarine on his table, inspecting it as he comments "Possibly immortalized"