The Election of the Grand King of Urguan

Treaty

hMsTLWDY0dUuOuySIf4L-RKiiGRklvaNXLqy1AhbOtyXF_ml-TbTSgnqqAwJoe2OFwObGNP-NGQy6GA9hGhUw9uietXgSQ8wlre38JHXruO5WFoNMH0QTMI2wVXY5iHehSwK2XuK

THE GRAND KINGDOM OF URGUAN

ELECTION

-Uw1ZKSaY7v-E2OQAq5oWcYrqK0mTbJZxL0V3UIinPfVAG3wWKOdTRtSjjyIJZr-i_AqltBxH7uOripyKAm8z32J1w_TKUNTQeuskzD7vdEkaYhW8k4J6XIAHEpCfj31K8LwP8_L

With the recent announcement of Grand King Norli Starbreaker’s descension from the throne, the Council of Urguan acted quickly to begin the election process. Only a stone day ago, the Council passed a new Voting Reforms Act, declared Lord Chancellor Azkel Frostbeard Regent, and nominated 3 dwed to campaign for the title of Grand King: Alaric Grimgold, Dorimnur Goldhand, & Levian’Tol Grandaxe.

With the nominations complete and Urguan’s Folk ready to choose their new Grand King, I, Lord Regent Azkel Frostbeard, hereby declare the start of the Election. This election shall run from today, the 1st of The First Seed, 27 SA, to a Stone Week from now. 

SECTION I: THE NOMINEES

For those unaware of how the election process works, to run for Grand King, one must be nominated by a Council-recognized Clan of Urguan. Listed below are the Clans, and their respective nominations (note, that a nomination does not mean the clan shall vote entirely for the individual):

Clan Starbreaker: Levian’Tol Grandaxe

Clan Irongut: Abstained

Clan Frostbeard: Abstained

Clan Irongrinder: Abstained

Clan Ireheart: Abstained

Clan Doomforged: Levian’Tol Grandaxe

Clan Grimgold: Alaric Grimgold

Clan Grandaxe: Levian’Tol Grandaxe

Clan Goldhand: Dorimnur Goldhand

Clans of Hefrumm: Levian’Tol Grandaxe

With said nominations complete, the nominees have gotten to work on their campaigning, outlining their platform for the Dwarven people to understand what said individuals may achieve as Grand King. Below are 5 points outlining the nominee’s campaign promises:

Alaric Grimgold:

As King, I would further the infrastructure pushed by my Clan and those of our allies. More public farms for use, more railways to facilitate our travel, and a working ferry system at our southern port. 

As King, I would seek to strengthen the defenses of Urguan by providing a fort and rapid route to get there in each demarcation of land we own. Additionally, a council of our most respected war veterans would be assembled to aid the Grand Marshal.

As King, I would not bring Urguan into any defensive alliances until we are able to stand upon our own two feet again. We have a network of vassals to call upon, but we can do more to strengthen our own nation and their settlements. 

As King, I would treat the entire nation as if they were my family, removing my Mask upon all sovereign grounds touched by the Grey and Orange of our banner. No clan would be seen as above the other, and any would be able to openly bring forward concerns or suggestions of the path of the kingdom. 

As King, I intend to make no promises I cannot keep and serve with the honor I have been known for in my century of service to our glorious nation. Our nation is only as strong as the hard working Dwarves who it is composed of, but such a nation deserves a King who will maintain its honor.

Dorimnur Goldhand:

As King, I would transform my success in creating the realm’s largest worker’s force to the Grand Kingdom as a whole.

As King, I would revitalize Dwarven craftsdwedship to new heights, bringing back our cultural crafts which have rivaled the other races for centuries. Lost arts which we had used to take pride in creating will be restored, and in such, will bring about a new cultural age for the Dwed.

As King, I would strengthen the connection between Guilds and the Council of Urguan. Guilds are the backbone of our people, and are just as representative of Urguan’s Folk as the clans themselves.

As King, I will prioritize expanding our internal infrastructure, including the expansion of our mines, railways, city utilities, vassal holds, & guild capabilities.

As King, and as a nominee, I will not make any promises I cannot keep. Kings of the past have failed to live up to campaign promises, and even things proclaimed during their reign. Under my rule, my word will be upheld, and my promises shall be as well, as seen in my past half-century of servitude for the Kingdom.

Levian’Tol Grandaxe:

As King, I will ensure the Book of Grudges is held to the highest standard, and its grudges properly marked out for Dwed to see for centuries.

As King, I will expand on Norli’s vassalage work, a task which I assisted in during my time as Grand Steward. Vassals deserve to have a voice in our government, and I shall create a system which gives them such.

As King, I will ensure that the new generations of younger dwed have their voices heard in the Kingdom’s government. 

As King, I will not keep secrets from the Council or Urguan’s Folk. I will rule with transparency to best ensure that my actions speak for Urguan as a whole.

As King, I will expand our diplomacy to smaller settlements and nations, rather than attempting larger alliances with their larger counterparts. Assisting these groups is essential in developing a long-lasting peace, and through our partnership, we can help others thrive.

SECTION II: VOTING

The voting process is one that aims to be used primarily by the active members of Urguan’s Folk. With the passing of the Voting Reforms Act, all outlined requirements on the document shall be used in this election as well. To see such requirements, said Act has been attached: 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/202462-the-voting-reform-act/  

Voting shall last for a Stone Week, and who one votes for shall be kept private. Narvok oz Urguan, Narvok oz da Grand King.

((OOC REQUIREMENTS))

You may only vote on one persona, aka one vote per ooc person.

The election shall last from today, June 4th, until June 11th.

A vote may be changed up until the end of the election.

The votes shall be counted by myself and the nominees, and will be approved by a council vote once finished.

The king’s coronation shall be scheduled once the voting is complete.

The voting rules on the Voting Rights Act shall be the official voting rules of the election irp. All votes will be approved or thrown out based on that, or an ooc requirement.

The winning candidate will be based on a simple majority.

If you cannot or do not wish to vote on the forums, msg me on discord at TreatyCole#3623

If using the Guild activity requirement, list which guild. If you are unsure if you are on your clan list, ask your Clan Lord, or myself. If you have no idea what the activity requirement is, check the Voting Reforms Act page, linked above. You only need 1 of the 4 options.

Voting Format

IGN:

RP NAME:

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

(Legion, Guild, Home Owner, Clan List)

CANDIDATE:

Lord Regent of Urguan, Lord Chancellor of Urguan,

Elder of Clan Frostbeard, Master of the Order of Remembrance

3BIyBJOKa4ChJlGa7fU9JTyGCgFIICBosc4bCZ--8_56yN9IluvWlQ0X0RN6wBcwJPJ3eZAs8l7bPfoR6Bo2qtdJrpCJTvWZ9WQCdUtsPVdxSrkUiAY0sA4rL0T29mZhdahm9ajQ

IGN: Bdanecker

RP NAME: Dorimnur Goldhand

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: ALL

CANDIDATE: Dorimnur Goldhand

IGN: Remaclus

RP NAME: Goddumir Doomforged

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Clan

CANDIDATE: Alaric Grimgold

IGN: Terry_23

RP NAME: Ulfric Frostbeard

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Home, Clan, Legion (when I'm not working)

CANDIDATE: Levian’Tol Grandaxe

Edited by Terry

IGN: LuneAria

RP NAME: Asvi Frostbeard

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

Active Legion member, Clan Frostbeard, House no. H-32

CANDIDATE: Levian'Tol Grandaddyaxe

IGN: Prifter

RP NAME: Drazharr Doomforged

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

Legion, Guild, Clan List

CANDIDATE: Levian'tol Grandaxe

IGN: Juhti

RP NAME: Urist Ireheart

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

Proficient Smith in the Worker's Guild, Second Medic of the Medicine Guild, member of clan Ireheart and resident of house B6

IGN: skippy369

RP NAME: Skippy Irongut II

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Shop Owner / Irongut

IGN: Pancakehz

RP NAME: Rex Azhug'Gorkil

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Foreign Endorsement

CANDIDATE: Levian'Tol Grandaxe

"Mi zupport Levian'Tol." said the Rex with a thumbs up.

IGN: Astrophysical

RP Name: Damona Goldhand

Activity Requirement: Clan

Candidate: Levian’Tol Grandaxe

Ign: THEBLACKBOBROSS

RP name: Rylanor Goldhand

activity requirement: Homeowner, Workers Guild of Kal'Mugdor smith, miner, and merchant

Candidate: Dorimnur Goldhand

IGN: Pancakehz

RP NAME: Gror Ireheart

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Ex-Grand King/Clan

IGN: masouri

RP NAME: Durorn Ireheart

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT:

People's King of Urguan (lol), Grand Champion, Clan Elder of Clan Ireheart, Ex-Grand Marshal, Clan Activity, Worker of Workers Guild, Ireheart Clan Hall Address, just allow me to vote?

CANDIDATE: Levian'Tol Grandaxe

IGN: willstertheking2

RP NAME: Levian'Tol Grandaxe

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Home

CANDIDATE: Levian'Tol Grandaxe

IGN: wwwdotfreesmiley

RP NAME: GRIMNIR IREHEART

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENT: Clan