Should Ratiki become a playable race?

Gambit

Should Ratiki become a playable race?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Skaven- I mean, Ratiki become a playable race?

• Yes, Ratiki should become a playable race.
    • No, Ratiki should not become a playable race and should stay a non-playable creature.

Making it so Skaven- I mean, Skaven- I mean, Skaven- I mean, Ratiki are a playable race by players would open up more roleplay for those looking for a better villainy RP, alongside incorporating Ratiki's extensive lore and history into the RP itself. They make amazing antagonists already, however, they're only ever found in ST Events, hindering their effect on the world. Currently, the only time currently Ratiki are mentioned are in Musin apps, and from old Lucienburg (God I loved Lucienburg) post. Not much is really going on with my favorite sub-averaged-sized New York subway rats, and allowing players to, well, play them, would be an amazing rat revival. (Musin don't count) Letting us play the Ratmen instantly opens up several opportunities, that be plague spreading, pillaging in the name of the Rat Emperor, or scavenging and stealing for that loot to supply the Rat Emperor. Ratiki would make natural antagonist characters or interesting characters who struggle to survive in the rat-eat-rat world they live in. Their existence alone gives a reason to RP, both with malice or an attempt to separate themselves from that natural malice of their race.

We can play giant frogs, slightly bigger mice, now give us the almaris subway ratman.

answer will be eternally no, runesmithing and creator magic have a better chance

Could just make them a diff flavor of Musin, tbh... It'd be a funny meme even if a new beastman passing is about as likely as hell freezing over 

10 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

answer will be eternally no, runesmithing and creator magic have a better chance

cat-silly.gif

they should re-add Hou-Zi

no

Ratiki are not qualified as descendants therefore are not protected under a majority of international laws and thus I can commit endless warcrimes

I personally think we need a good-easily accessable CA that gives the 'special race' vibe without being abused for constant meming like Kha.

If it was purely for the remainder of this map and was intended as a player-driven antag I would support it.

2 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

answer will be eternally no

What a manchild response lol.

Dont think you should be in your position when you shutdown any ideas that are not part of your server vision.

Whats the harm in having playable skaven? - Less nation activity %? 

- Another "murderhobo" race (even tho they arent). But the other dark twilight rip off murder races are okay?

Also musin =/= skaven. Musin are written to lose conflict. Skaven have more RP freedom and are capable of fighting back.

Dont see the reason to shelf wonks, monke and snelfs  too. Why cant people revive the race at a later date? 

2 hours ago, sami03 said:

exterminator+okc

me against rat posters

2 hours ago, sami03 said:

Dont think you should be in your position when you shutdown any ideas that are not part of your server vision.

Whats the harm in having playable skaven? - Less nation activity %? 

- Another "murderhobo" race (even tho they arent). But the other dark twilight rip off murder races are okay?

Also musin =/= skaven. Musin are written to lose conflict. Skaven have more RP freedom and are capable of fighting back.

Dont see the reason to shelf wonks, monke and snelfs  too. Why cant people revive the race at a later date? 

You ruined your argument by mentioning Snow Elves

6 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

good-easily accessable CA that gives the 'special race' vibe without being abused for constant meming

I may have a idea I’ll be writing up, hopefully