Ve Proposed Solution (Part 1 of 2) - On the Gentry Class

Lomiei

cj1RdBaQ5XLscXBPHIt0OHluRzBYrIRAzbZWnvXh8Ey1FVkY6hqCSLswXE9Lea9fV-hO8u7ClS4wrY6KicNJ-hL6hLWMiPYYC8i8Mb1g_lvLsiIiIwHM_1H-Efjj_8VWyddywQlgjMWle379cqAag_4gifi49ppVS1d_Lsq6pwoVocAMEwwCJb6c2Q

It may be seen as the action of a foolhardy man to criticize so vehemently a potential ill to his society, without thereafter proposing his solutions and the process by which they should be implemented.

During the most recent sitting of His Majesty’s Royal Duma, I myself happened to put forth 2 assertions. I will proceed eminently to recite the first, and allow His Majesty’s council a clear view into the mind of his humble servant.

“There is already a gentry class, one that has been neglected of definition or acknowledgement by the societal structure for decades.”

Gentry Act of 390 ES

My mind lingers on the historically contentious topic of defining the Gentry class which we have had over the past 3 Haeseni Monarchs. The length of this issue seems to stretch back to the memories of our grandfathers at very least, when the Houses of Bishop and Ludovar attempted an implementation of the attached bill. Now for those which will blindly oppose the idea for the respect of their grandfather’s justifications, I will point out that; whereas in the past, instituting a gentry class would have isolated a portion of the large commoner class and brought them within the proxy of nobility, in this day, the same action would preserve the calm and temperate natured commoners of the highest present grouping, and see them be recognized for their continuing efforts.

Given this, I, even if alone in my descendant interest, will put forth a contemporary version of my grandfather’s vision, for a contemporary law code, assisting a contemporary citizenry. It is as follows;

The New Gentry

There are very many Haeseni who use the word ‘Gentry’ too loosely, and some still who would wish the idea did not exist at all. The conclusion is naturally drawn, then, that the status of this ‘middle class’ ought to be either completely destroyed or properly defined, as to set each mind and mouth in alignment on this issue.

This new ordering of Gentry is neither radical nor disruptive to the social structure, as is the ordering of the proposed ‘Nauherzen’. And as I cannot summon words of any higher or lower stature to simplify it further, will leave the further discourse, again, to His Majesty’s Royal Duma.

Signed,

Aurik Bishop, Heir to House Bishop

Garedyn The Green groaned when he gazed upon the missive. "Wot teh fook es a gentreh."

Aylwin Bishop read over his older brother’s proposal and nodded. “Much less… vordy… zhan zhe ozher one. Ich find it hard to disagree.”

Drako Darkwood reads over the Young Bishops work “An interesting and workable proposal, I like it”

Seraphina Bishop reads over the document nodding her head as she rocked a swaddled baby in her arms. “This isn’t too bad of an idea.” She turned her head and called out for her husband. “August!” @Keegan7om

Adalia IV Aleksandra Morovar read over this document as well shrugging as she placed it into a stack of papers. “It could be taken into consideration ea suppose..” Then continued to plan out the new Ghastenwald interior.

Cosima read over the proposal a smile coming across her face. "The creation of a definite middle class , is an example to all that you can raise your social station in life, not just be restricted by the large noble pedigree." She explained to her husband Peter, he being new to Haense. @MailC3p

Jarad Munnel would read over the missive before commenting "Gentry has always been a problem, even in Oren, people who got knighting rarely got treated different than the common folk, often they got treated worse. Aurik is a smart lad, bring future ahead of him."