The Death of the Last True d’Azor

annabanana1014

Spoiler

PK Song (Please listen while you read):

The Death of the Last True d’Azor

aKhnNbsLiSV50qmQkEznOVZ1A0nsT-pgTmOK3wlEoCLhtqYlOrJ-12R-W4Y8lcQZYg1piXrlsWLIqNheoJIfwyWo0DIu326-kNuqC-NHHzJp_HFRB_qCBz14yvTEe3d2v2g4F9YH-HE1tnue9W1b4tS6jePGkrgsf7c-gnMZ2SRS1axnYP8jKskl

63bsJPoiI6V49vU0t2mWIZRoJnoOGjYsmEg2TvGxQ259avaHy5xdW7GAs-BwBiniWRM_j8qY1IF71baS5cTLwfEIfFAHyD6F5obgifdBV0CFKLEARIaweFh3llp5YB970timxHfRkNffv453kFqzKmaZn8vFR9j45NT0YCG5ewtIhSEtzqiol1N9

The beginning of the d'Azors c.1816

55fL4gG6BW34LQ0Yjds-K3uFO3PXYR_3YNHaZygEFLpxDprJSPLizp3UQ1FBnUm8tuyUVZiEztdf_uOFsiQ8H_SISkXMA5JF03ANI-0oMTRSQpxn5OBBwG3ogePlK_02YM_CLO6m6FX-M4hwky1WRWymjdpg8KFlzu3huQErLdfpgrefb1_b5l0u

(-)

Final Moments of Diana Valentina d’Azor-Vuiller

(-)

The old, fragile woman would have been in the Cathedral of Balian, feeling more weak by the minutes. She knew her time was coming, but it was more of a joyous time for her. All she wished for was to see her family again, her true family. It has been many, many years since her birth family were all together, but soon by their blood, they shall rise all together once more.

Words came out of Diana softly, Oh Father, oh Rosaline, oh Katya, oh Leon. . . how will we all be connected once again. I long to be in your presence soon, and I beg to GOD that we will be connected quickly. My heart falters each day as all I can do is pray that you all are well up in the Seven Skies. Each day grows harder and harder to go on and I feel as if this is my last…” The woman signed Lorraine as she finished her daily prayers, heading off to see her husband. 

Rev took her on a surprise, which was not unusual for the couple, yet this one was different. She was taken to their old estate… oh the memories. The olden Countess seemed rather tense on their visit as it brought back many memories, but Rev constantly reminded her of the good memories they once had in the Empire. Diana kept a small smile and nodded politely, yet she was very heartbroken with the result of the Brother’s War… Oh how their lives would have been different, perhaps better? Perhaps worse. Yet, it reminded her of all of the time that she worked hard for nothing. She kept her mind quiet as she let her loving husband continue to take her to the next surprise.

The hot air balloon. Diana was almost fully at ease once she and Rev stood by one another inside it. As it flew across the desert, a sense of pure joy filled her soul as she seemed to forget all of her worries and past. Up here, there was nothing but the sky, her love, and nature. 

Once they traveled back to their home within the Palato Monterosa, they looked upon the sunset. In almost an instant, she felt her life flash before her eyes… Her Father, her Mother, Leon, Katya, Rosaline. . . Her mind thought. . . I did my best. I hope it was enough… I know that my work within the Holy Orenian Empire has gone to ruin and I know that I carry hardly any respect anymore… Yet, I felt as if I did my best. I hope the world knows how much I tried to make a difference. I can only hope that my legacy will be passed on with a good nature, or die out alongside my family’s name. And in that moment, she clenched the ArchChancellor Ring of Ledicort d’Azor as she exhaled her final breath next to her loving husband.

- And that was the end of Diana Valentina d’Azor-Vuiller -

By Our Blood We Shall Rise

Letters:

To My Father...

Spoiler

My dearest Father, oh Father. I have torn up my previous letter to you as I believe it to be inaccurate of my feelings of current. You already know how I understood and respected you before your death so why should I repeat such? Even though you are in Seven Skies, I wish you would have lived longer. I never believed that I would be crumbling. . falling. . in despair. All I wanted in life was to become a respectable woman; which, I became a knight in the fallen Empire and this Grand Duchy you have missed. Though, it was stripped eventually with a new leader in charge of it. . . I never had a title that I could pass down to my children, or even a title to call my own that was not a consort-role. But truly, was being Head Medic good enough? Was helping the Palace alright? Was becoming an alchemist okay? Did anything I do to help serve my nation good enough? Was trying to hold up two families enough? I seemed to fail you, I lost the d’Azors. I cannot even look at the next generations. Then the Vuiller’s? I thought I was doing so well, but I slowly was cast aside Father. It seems like I cannot stand on my own two feet for too long without falling; my heart shatters each time… piece by piece. Oh how I long to be within your arms in the Seven Skies. Shall I be finally at rest and at peace with you and my darling siblings.

By Our Blood, We Shall Rise. 

To My Husband,

Spoiler

Oh my dear love. You showed me what love can be. You showed me what true love was. I know sometimes we were not the happiest, but you always had the patience to take care of me and my children. You held me with your arms and told me everything would be okay. I wish I could have held your hand one last time. Thank you for giving me the love that I wanted for all my life. You were the man that saw me at my worst and pulled me to my best. You know how I felt throughout our years of knowing each other, and it feels nice to know I married my best friend. We can joke and tease one another without being mean. We can be polite and civil when needed. I remember when you spotted myself and the d’Azor siblings listening to my Father within those House of Lord meetings. That was hilarious how you joined us, and I remember afterwards you told me goodnight and you hoped to see me again. That is when I knew you were the one for me. Then we had tea and the rest is history. Shall we love one another in the Seven Skies, together forever…

To My Mother,

Spoiler

To Mother,

Oh Mother. As a mother myself, I did what you did not do. I was there for my children when they were children and to their aging years… I cannot say I was the best as everything went spiraling, but I did my best with what I knew… I hope you are having fun wherever you are.

By our blood, we shall rise.

To Leon,

Spoiler

My dear brother, I am sorry. I am sorry for hating you so much in our youth. We were such a great duo when we ruled Greyshelm, and we made the memories of our lifetime for us and those children. The day you told me that I did nothing but palace court work, I knew I had to do more. Even though I may have resented you for that, you did me a service. From that moment, I did everything I could to do better. I joined everything, even the army for Peter IV. I was able to take charge and keep everything in order. Because of you, you helped me get a voice within the Empire. From Greyshelm, to my death. People listened to me because you showed me and told me to do better. Thank you for making me who I am today.

To Adeline,

Spoiler

I have no words for you, my sister. Why do I write this to you as you are dead? Look, I will possibly see you in the Seven Skies, yet I am unsure and forever will be unsure of us. I was there for you when you fell down, to brush your hair. Yet, you harmed me physically and emotionally in our youth. I cannot forgive someone for not only hurting me, but my children. See you in the Seven Skies if you are there.

To My Rosaline,

Spoiler

Oh my sweet Bell, the Bell of Azor because of how you bring loudness and spirit into the house. The trio would not be strong if you were not the third person in the group. You, Joseph, and I ruled Oren. I remember all those moments of fun we had in the streets, and to the end. I remember taking your stuff to annoy you, or chasing you around Old Providence with things. You were always right, and your words were always so blunt. I adored you for everything that you were. I remember when Joseph was training you for the House of Commons, and you truly nailed all those questions. People should have listened to us more, sister. For we knew how the world worked, and if only they listened to us. You may have not been as open as I was in this life, but you were the foundation that kept me stable. If not for you, I would have not known how to stand on my own. You never let anyone be mean to me, and I love you for that. I cannot help but be walked over in this life, yet you always kept charge and would go at the people who harmed me. I wish you had the life you wanted; a husband with children. I know you had them, but I wish they were connected to you as you wanted. I know how much you wanted kids when we were older. Truly, there is such a headache so you did not lose much there, sister. I hope I see you in the Seven Skies so that we may cause chaos without repercussions and kick Father’s cane. I love you Rosaline.

To my Katya,

Spoiler

Oh my dearest little sister. You were killed in that war, and I am unsure if you read my missive when you passed away. It makes no sense to write this, yet I feel compelled too. My dear Katya, I have kept your pug safe and I have pampered it to the best of my abilities. It traveled with me to Balian which is odd, but it was safe. Oh dear Katya, I am so sorry I could not have saved you that day in battle. I knew I should have stayed close to you when you spoke your last words to me. I promise you that your legacy was passed down, especially in the pug of yours. I buried you next to Father and the rest of the siblings. Katya, if you were not alive, I am unsure how the Azor would have been. You were such a joy and chaos that we needed. Yet, you had a hot temper that was not to be messed with, yet you know you could not defeat your older siblings! When Joseph and I locked you, or was it your pug? But we blocked someone in the freezer! Oh how that was hilarious. I do hope you forgave me in the Seven Skies. Truly, Katya, I miss you. I cannot wait to join you in the Seven Skies if GOD permits it. I miss your jokes, your laughter, your everlasting annoyance. I hope I took the best care of you, I know I am no Mother, but I hope I was the best big sister for you. I promise I will always take care of you, even if death pulls us apart. Shall I see you soon, sister.

To my son, Ledicort,

Spoiler

My dear son. I believe you and Louis-Alexandre were my most beloved children that I gave life to. I know I could have been a better mother to you, and I apologize that I was not. The more I aged, the less life I had in me. I imagine you understand as you grow older, but my life has been downs and ups. I hope you can forgive me as I am so proud of the man that you are today. You’ve grown so much in front of me, and I could not be anymore proud.

To Harold,

Spoiler

I dare say you were one of my in-laws that I adored so greatly. I remember when we both were not as open to one another as we are now, but I feel so appreciative that we’ve aged together. I believe I enjoyed our talks on the fort the most. You were there when I felt so lonely and isolated. Good riddance of our ‘loved’ one, Kelhus. I wish I would've spent more time with you than that insufferable man. But, shall you enjoy your days in the land. I shall see you in the Seven Skies, brother. Thank you for making life more bearable.

To the ENTIRE d'Azor Family,

Spoiler

How dare you all. I am disappointed in what the name Azor brings to these lands. The name d’Azor used to have so much influence, so much pride when spoken upon. How much I and so many others have spent to make the name a proud one, yet you all degrade it with every breath you bare. It is insulting how you all left Lucia to die without all of her family by her side, yet YOU ALL were the ones holding the blade to her neck. Do you all care not about history? Care not of your lineage? Each and every one of you grew up so spoiled, everything handed down to you. You all were born into a noble family that had power, but you extinguished its flame so quickly. I hope the house dies out as its name has. None of you are worthy of carrying the name. I am appalled to see you all grow up to who you all are. The shame is unbearable. Shall the true d’Azors rise, by THEIR blood, they shall RISE. 

To the ENTIRE Vuiller Family,

Spoiler

I was grateful to be accepted into a family that cared for me. I had my happiest and lowest times with you all. You all let me experience what it meant to be a leader of a household and have respect. I was able to bring you all to act and feel nobility around you. You all are so respectable. Though. . . I cannot help to wish that you all would have listened to me as the ages went on. I felt cast out. But how would you all know? I was replaced and I never felt so broken from it. I see how you all thought of it. I offered my life, my everything to you all and you used me. You may wonder why I distanced myself from you all even more after you pushed me out… Well, I rather live my life in solitude with GOD than to be hurt each time I am spoken for. I just wanted to be loved, to be heard, to be respected. I hope that you all will learn from your mistakes while I am dead. I will not be guiding you all as a ghost, why should I if my live presence was not enough? 

Though, to the ones that were kind to me, thank you. I hope you live a blessed life in GOD's name... Please keep what I say to heart as I truly did my best for you all. I wish nothing but the best to those who gave me nothing but love and respect.

OOC:

Spoiler

Thank you everyone who has been there for me ever since I started to play this persona in January of 2021 (I believe that is when I started!). I have made sooo many friends and people here that I would call my second family. I am so honored to have been able to meet so many people and the communities that I have met on this persona have been amazing to be apart of. Pking my first true main persona is heartbreaking, but it time I let her rest. Special shoutouts to Jay, Bee, Lilly, and Fred for the OG fam. Love y'all a lot and I'm so glad that all of us are still together.

THANK YOU EVERYONE 

(and shoutout to fruit, he is amazing - AND the Shiekhdom ppl haha <3)

As Rev entered the Seven skies, a slight confusion would from upon the face of the aged man. He'd turn his head looking to his side and there she was. His sweetheart and love Diana. he'd tilt his head looking to her as he spoke "It seems the wait did not end up being long" he smiled looking to her "I take it we should arrange tea with the others?" he'd kiss her hand once more going to intertwine his hand with hers, ready for eternity. 

R (too many eagles are falling)

Coming to the realization of his lack of  family, Richard frowned upon the news, folding the letter elsewhere. "I hadn't spoke to her in many saint years.." Richard recalled. Whilst the elder man sat his chair, we would call out for a servant. "Fetch me a few cookies." He commanded- soon enjoying them in memory of his late aunt. 

Edited by Cubicita

"Rest in peace Diana. You were a wonderful woman and a kind mother in law." Chloe frowned, knowing all those who were around when she had met Kristofer had passed now, including the man himself. All products of a bygone era.

Wilhelm Carrington welcomed Diana merrily at the gates of the seven skies, waving her over, "Come dance!" Exclaimed the once-upon-a-time Baron, as he were spinning about arm in arm with many of his fellow-departed friends in a grand ballroom, with ceilings higher than you could see.

Spoiler

The end of an era

The now Countess had gotten the news shortly after the news of her grandfather and aunts passing, stricken with grief. She loved Diana dearly, having learned much from the woman in the years growing up and her having assisted her in her love for the courts of the Palati Monterosa. She signed the Lorraine, breathless as prayers ushered out, one after another as she sought solace within GOD in this time. She could only hope to make her predecessors proud.

This small Vuiller boy then gets news of the next death, peering to the next letter with tear stained cheeks he resigns himself to his room. Too much to process in just a few days, he'd simply remain there with his various books, toys and thoughts.

Well. I just. ahghhgh. oiashjd. F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k. I just am not ready. God damn. Whyyyyyyyyy. Stop. Its a joke. NONONONONONO. 

Well ignoring the above playing alongside Diana probably was some of my first real RP. It was also some of the best. I have had so much fun playing with you anna. While I dont play anymore, this still hits harder than I was ready for. Miss you from the lotc grave, -Pale

(God there is so much more I feel like I have to say but just can't rn. This is wild)

Jarad would receive word of Diana's passing well-preparing dinner for Elise, and he would go quiet for a moment before allowing one single tear to drop down his face, well he did not have fond memories of Balian or a pleasant last meeting with her, but, he had not forgotten the time they spent together and the days now 30 odds years ago. "Rest now Diana." he said closing his eye and remaining silent for a moment longer.

Things often come in threes.... three deaths in such short time. The woman in her 40s took a deep breath, then let it out. Repeat, trying to calm herself somehow. Grief was an awful thing. Laurelie just, cried.

Somewhere somehow to celibate Cecilia read the missive. A sigh was heavy on her shoulders as she looked upon the glass of the cathedral she called home. “Our days of ole are coming to an end, no more snooping through the d’azor kitchen to catch glimpse of young love. No more lunerite no more heartbreak no more...  I guess roses.” 

Anna Mariya quickly scooped up Diana in a big hug, glad to see her friend once more. "Come, Rev just got here. We have a lot to catch up on dearie."

Clara hearing of the death, sat down and cried she lost so much and felt so alone this was now her new life it seems. She miss her grandmamej dearly

Adelia curled up in her bed and cried she couldn't focus on the senate debates 

In the deserts surrounding Balian, a young prince whispered a quiet dua upon hearing of the death of Diana. She was always nice at the weddings he crashed. "Inshallah you are happy now, habibti." With that, the little prince would travel to Balian to honor her memory. 

--

And in the seven skies, after waiting in a line to greet Diana, Marah al-Hattan would hug her dear friend once more. After decades, the two old friends could finally have tea in peace.