THE CONGRESS OF ATRUS

GMRO

The Seneschal of Balian nods as he reads the missive, ensuring he makes his way to the meeting to back up his king's decisions and ideas.

Georg Sigismund clasped his hands together within the confines of a lone apartment in Balian, leaning back in his seat as he sipped a locally produced piña colada. He thought then, that he ought to extend his gratitude to the new Legate.

"The drums of war are as ceaseless as the seasons," remarked a disillusioned Ophelie de Falstaff.

Wolfgang de Vilain would be sure to attend the congress.

Lady Palatine Johanna gives two thumbs up from the aulic meeting room to the King and Grand Prince as they finish drafting up their missives.

"Glad the time ist something Ich can attend."

Felix Weiss read the missive, a frown growing even larger upon his face as his eyes scanned the words. "Ea've had enough of this Southern nonsense." 

Countess Johanne Vuiller glanced the missive over, having just been speaking of this in a Royal Council meeting moments earlier. She'd filed it away for safe keeping soon afterward, a hand settling at her hip as she'd begin anew in instructing her daughter in embroidery. Embroidered bears do not perfect themselves, afterall.

With a clatter and a series of crashes Valentin went tumbling to the floor, drunkenly looking over the missive he still shakily held in his hands.

"I should have known, I should have known those bastards would bury their nose in it! Again! Every time, their thinly veiled garbage, canonist prince bullshit!" 

He spat out in-between sobs, taking another fresh hit from the bottle.

"They just take, and take, and take! Until nothing is left! No little bandage could fix the gaping wound in the heartlands!"

"Oh Gustaf, if only you could see this. You'd know what to do."

Ser Sebastien de Savoie lofted a brow as he read the missive in it's entirety. He was not very shocked at the tension growing in the east, for he had discussed it in length with many of his friends from the fallen Oren. The Savoyard rubbed his hand on his good leg before folding the missive and taking out a fresh letter that he might write to his friends in Sedan and Minitz. "Let us pray this resolves peacefully- or atleast that the fighting begins after my clay leg turns to flesh and blood." @Raijen Stars @Capt_Chief26

Lord Lucius Galbraith shrugged upon hearing of the news "And what about me, Your Majesty? Who will pay me for the wedding that was unjustly and violently stolen from me and my fianceé? And for the shock and trauma that my future wife shall have to live with for the rest of her life for having had to witness such a violent episode orchestrated by the evildoers of Acre in her own wedding? Death is what those Acreans truly deserve!" he said, clearly annoyed with the attempt of the Canonist Princes of trying to keep the peace in this conflict.

Princess Augustina of Balian sighed and assisted her father in getting ready for the meeting.

Cardinal Viktor raises an eyebrow "To attempt to enforce a term upon the Kingdom of Aaun, which was seemingly rendered null and void with the dissolution of the Harvest Confederacy and replaced by an entirely different entity, is most irregular..." skips through the missive "Good that they attempt to avert bloodshed, a shame that one Canonist power attempts to puppet another."

2 minutes ago, tcs_tonsils_ said:

Ser Sebastien de Savoie lofted a brow as he read the missive in it's entirety. He was not very shocked at the tension growing in the east, for he had discussed it in length with many of his friends from the fallen Oren. The Savoyard rubbed his hand on his good leg before folding the missive and taking out a fresh letter that he light write to his friends in Sedan and Savoy. "Let us pray this resolves peacefully- or atleast that the fighting begins after my clay leg turns to flesh and blood." @Raijen Stars @Capt_Chief26

Wilhelm Barclay takes hold of the letter he’s received from the North, he sighed and prepared to right a return letter to his good friend “Ja let us hope that Clay leg of yours doesn’t shatter in a fight, my friend. It would a shame to have to help you walk back home…” @tcs_tonsils_

Princess Persephone wondered how such a pressing matter arose just minutes after she was announced the new Legate. Perhaps this was the best chance to prove herself, she thought. She silently thanked the grand prince for the heads up.