PRIDE FLAG 2023!

zuziee

I love gay people 

hope everyone in the community has a lovely pride this year :)

alexa play born this way

Happy pride, everyone!

If anyone wishes for more information on some LGBTQIA+ groups that aren't only in America, the Kaleidoscope Trust is a non-profitable organisation that campaigns for rights across the Commonwealth countries. LGBTQIA+ activity is still criminalised in most of these countries due to the colonial regime of Great Britain, where homophobic laws persecute people for living their truths even today. The work the organisation does is amazing and informative, so it is definitely worth a read.

This post is great, and I want to begin by saying that I will never, ever put down an effort to bring the community together; thank you to Zuzie for another year of keeping this going! GLSEN, Trevor Project, and all of the organizations listed in the original post have done incredible work over the years for the LGBTQ+ community, but I want to hijack this post for myself and my fellow trans or gender-nonconforming friends, as I think that as artists with a platform, it's important we use our voices for those who cannot.

It has been a difficult year for us. Dramatics aside, we are struggling to keep faith and health during what is widely regarded as our modern genocide. Since December 2022, 12 more states have adopted severe laws against us; Florida stands out, having become so unsafe for us that LGBTQ+ individuals are advised not to travel there whatsoever, and Texas is close behind. Other states have enacted harsh anti-trans laws, though none rivaling the extent of Florida's legislation. North Dakota, Nebraska, and Missouri all approved bans on gender-affirming care for transgender youth. Kansas approved a bathroom ban. Missouri almost fell into the 'do not travel' category due to a policy targeting transgender adults.

Alabama. Arkansas. Florida. Georgia. Idaho. Indiana. Iowa. Kansas. Kentucky. Mississippi. Missouri. Nebraska. Montana. Oklahoma. South Dakota. Tennessee. Texas. Utah. All of these high-risk states have outlawed gender-affirming care for trans youth and many have implemented a range of discriminatory policies, including the religious right to refuse treatment to transgender patients, bans on correct gender markers on birth certificates and driver's licenses, bans on drag that have led to the cancellation of pride events, strict definitions of sex that exclude transgender individuals from legal protections, and more. For transgender people, these states instill fear - many of us want to flee and find ourselves unable in this economy, and so many of us are afraid of the federal impact of 100+ anti-trans laws being enacted every year since 2021.

Donations are great, and they help so many people. If you're reading the main post and now this one, I urge you to look for transgender-specific nonprofit programs to aid people in the states where we need it most, due to the severe anti-trans legislation.

Central Florida Emergency Trans Care Fund.

Florida Metro Inclusive Health.

Equality Texas ***** Texas Crisis Fund. (why cant i say qu eer on forums lol. fix this.)

Texas Pride Impact Funds.

I remember when most of LoTC was homophobic when did this change

23 minutes ago, ibiou said:

Happy pride, everyone!

16 minutes ago, fangliked said:

It has been a difficult year for us

Thank you both for adding on :)) 

19 minutes ago, Kvasir said:

I remember when most of LoTC was homophobic when did this change

it was only ever the 13 year old edgelords, a lot of the server has always been lgbtq+ and i hope those people have grown up and looked inside themselves

anyway... yasss to another pride month, especially with our community under attack recently, i want all my fellow lgbts to know you are loved and VALID!!!!!! 

I am so proud to be apart of this cute and amazing project! Let’a go pride!

I love men -angho