[✗] [Lore Amendment] Corcituri

__WaterFox__

1 hour ago, __WaterFox__ said:

2 emotes is not fair or valid rp. Regardless of the rp that occurred however many years ago does not change that this a bad mechanic. Years before even vampires existed all holy magics could instantaneously reveal any dark spawn in a similar manner and it was rightfully removed as a mechanic due to how much of a cop out it was for actual investigative rp. People keep saying corcs should have more tells, but corcs do have to go out and feed without getting caught or someone ratting them out. As I've mentioned a few times in this thread multiple corcs have been caught by means other than salt testing so there really is not argument for a mechanic that purely exists as a way for people to meta freely.

The salt argument isn't there as a way to meta-information; that's completely false. @ReveredOwl's correct in that salt has been a method found to work quite well through roleplay. Not to rag on you, but I always see the argument of "My CA doesn't need x because it already does y" when y is why you play the CA in the first place. The Corc CA fundamentally is the added implementation that you now need to feed, very close to how vampires work. There are some other added things here and there, but baseline, that's what being a Corc is. Given what a Corc is, it isn't a fair argument to say you don't need an easy tell because you need to go out and feed, not get caught, etc. That's why you play the CA; these risks are built into the reason that you play the CA and is the reason it's a CA to begin with. The hard tell, i.e., salt, was something added because you aren't some massive demonic creature that walks around scorched earth that's very obviously a monster. You could easily disguise yourself as someone and enter cities at will if it wasn't for salt. I would think it's an honor that I've caused such a ruckus on my CAs that every nation does a blanket salt test on entry to people to ensure that I'm not getting in, but that's beside the point.

A much better argument to make in this situation is if salt is maybe too easy of a hard-tell for your CA to have, and I'm in agreement it's something that probably needs some nerfing(See my previous post and @Kholibrii's idea). Rounding this all up with that, you will never remove all instances of meta-gaming; we can only do our best to police it. Thanks

9 hours ago, __WaterFox__ said:

2 emotes is not fair or valid rp. Regardless of the rp that occurred however many years ago does not change that this a bad mechanic. Years before even vampires existed all holy magics could instantaneously reveal any dark spawn in a similar manner and it was rightfully removed as a mechanic due to how much of a cop out it was for actual investigative rp. People keep saying corcs should have more tells, but corcs do have to go out and feed without getting caught or someone ratting them out. As I've mentioned a few times in this thread multiple corcs have been caught by means other than salt testing so there really is not argument for a mechanic that purely exists as a way for people to meta freely.

as a corc your only purpose is to get purged in the name of thy LORD

2 hours ago, Salium said:

as a corc your only purpose is to get purged in the name of thy LORD

Dude can you contribute something more than memes and passive aggressive comments. There are more appropriate places for you to shitpost.

13 hours ago, __WaterFox__ said:

It is fair rp because it is rp, do better at hiding. Nobody had a problem with the salt weakness until it became common knowledge, then its suddenly a problem; thats the reality of the situation here. It became common knowledge through investigative roleplay some times ago, it is completely unfair to just remove your only viable weakness simply because it was discovered. If you remove the salt test then people are just gonna start killing suspected vampires, come what may, and then there will be a thread put up on that too. There are far too many 'dark magics' or 'dark creatures' with no drawbacks and no tells what so ever, and now you want to remove the only tell of a vampire. Having to kill somebody to feed on them is not a drawback as this is done, for most of the time, at off peak hours where you chances of being caught doing it are neglible. If you suspect people of metagaming, report them, its really that simple. Salt testing people when there seems to be an abundance of vampires is not metagaming, its reacting to the surge of vampire discoveries, if you want salt testing to stop then stop making the attacks noticable and stop getting caught to easily.

As someone who's been on both sides of the fence at varying times (spook and spook hunter), I think there's merit to both sides of the argument.

When playing a monster hunter or a character that makes a career out of hunting darkspawn, you're going to naturally rely on any known RP method of revealing someone. That's part and parcel of your characters responsibility. At the same time, in comparison to the time and effort it takes for people to earn these dark feats/MAs/CAs through valid roleplay, I don't think it equates to how easy it is to be tested. You don't even need to justify any proper preparation for this revealing RP; you only need to emote that you have salt on you. It's a huge imbalance that not only makes a villainous character impossible to weave into different communities, but it also contributes massively to the "spooks only RP in their lair of evil" stereotype that's going around. 

I think the @DISCOLIQUIDsuggestion of some sort of physical item that one has to attain in order to expose spooks is a good start. Be it an alchemy potion or something else, this makes it a requirement for darkspawn hunters to actually have to put some work and effort into exposing their targets, which equates to the amount of effort it takes for most people to attain these magics/feats/CAs to begin with. It also helps cultivate more roleplay; monster hunters and holy inquisitors having to seek out these alchemists that have the knowledge to brew these specific potions, or whatever else.

you could always hold an accused vampire in a cell for a week and feed them everything but bloddy meats, they'll either prove themselves a vampire or they won't, but sadly the rules stop this from happening so here we are

This lore has been denied. 

After consulting Management whilst clearing out smaller pieces to expedite reviewal, we'd decided that this would very quickly lead to similar issues to testing Siliti frequently faced, which caused a massive headache for players, people possessing the CA, and ST all alike who were frequently frustrated by the very grey terms of accusation, investigation, testing, etc.

We'll be considering other ways for Corcitura to be less readily-apparent in testing, such as having an aurum-similar reaction which is based off of scale rather than instantaneous tell. However, in the meantime, a sort of suppression spell is denied for the time being as we explore other options to see what we can do for the playerbase.