[Complete] (Oriaros, Creete, Tavalicious, colonelkuehl1, ztrog, thenerdocalypse, termss, pcswift, pansor)

Player(s) Involved

Oriaros, Creete, Tavalicious, colonelkuehl1, ztrog, thenerdocalypse, termss, pcswift, pansor

Explanation

Creete, Tavalicious, Oriaros and I were rping, colonelkuehl was walking up when termss, pcswift and pansor ran up. They started the racist rp which is linked below and emoted checking our chars for weapons. The second Thenerdocalypse and ztrog showed up they quickly emoted leaving and mechanically ran before anyone could reply. They used racist terms (especially pcswift) which has been made clear is not allowed on lotc. Pcswift used said racist term twice, while I believe termss only used "coal people" once. 

I did a modreq, malta answered simply with "handled it." When I mentioned keeping the screenshots I felt very dismissed and like the situation wasn't actually handled. The term pcswift used twice is a racist term irl. The fact such was met with a simple "handled it," felt very swept under the rug for all others involved.

Relevant Material

Evidence

fb203a06fa0c048eeb6b5ad814900147.jpg40d6d5fbceb54894d6beefb830a5caac.jpg528375e2fa4dd2ea6fc9c56b1cd792a8.jpg8c57533f9e1f03c2f8a8d501f1d59339.pngf4e8c34654cc889c4b121e98f8bb17dc.png

Nor'asath

08/13/23

Evidence of uncooperative conduct.

Evidence

None, termss mechanically hit creete and then emoted "sorry, didn't mean to hit you." Then the other two emoted saying something then ran off before any of us could irp or oocly respond or react.

Before posting on this thread, please review the Report Rules.

Edited by ChaoticallyCheshire
links weren't working properly.

Hey what's up, I'm PCSwift, the guy who used that term.

I'm really sorry that you felt uncomfortable and possibly even marginalized by that word, nobody should feel that way on a roleplay server. I'll take full responsibility to using that word, as my intention wasn't to make you feel uncomfortable, but rather to show my character as a certain way. It seemed to work, as people showed up 'strapped' with weapons, and we left. We showed up, got ego checked by the guards, and left.

I've seen numerous times 'Darkie' being used to desribe dark elves, Darkie being derived from Dark elf. Dwarves are a very racist race, being ugly and quite brutish in nature, so it's often they look upon elves who are beautiful and youthful with disdain. I will reiterate I was not the first to use it, and I might not be the last.

In the same interaction, my character also calls druids 'Tree fuckers' as again, a way to dismiss their entire character. It has been used in real life too, so should it be banned from the game?

As well as midget, my character was called midget for being a dwarf, and ugly, but there are short people in real life, so should that also not be okay?

There obviously should be a line drawn somewhere, but to where should it be drawn?

Hello, person named in the report here. I’ll keep my reply brief. We were running around late at night and just messing around, and my companions used some unfavorable terminology that dwarves have used and that was swiftly corrected by MaltaMoss. We did not mean to offend anyone OOCly due to our IC wording or actions and we sincerely apologize to anyone who may have felt targeted due to such. 

@DeusVult - To show your characters racism you can simply say ker or dark elves with disdain. To comment on their skin tone will always make the dark elf community and potentially anyone else around incredibly uncomfortable. It will always seem as some kind of underlying ooc racism. 

Even if that term is used by others it shouldn’t be. I know it’s something that has been discussed within the community. It’s like when you see someone run a red light, just because they did doesn’t mean you should, so that argument is invalid. Perhaps the mods need to speak with the dwarven community as a whole if this is a term used frequently. 

Tree fuckers is not a slur and it is not used towards a marginalized group. I will agree midgets shouldn’t have been used. I think due to all of our shock over the blatant racism over our characters skin tones instead of youth and beauty, some things were said out of shock and ooc anger. Nonetheless it won’t be used again, I can speak for tav when I say that. 

@MaltaMoss - They didn’t explain anything to us so it definitely seemed like a slap on the wrist from our point of view. I played on lotc from 2015-2018 and just came back in April. I heard things like racism, homophobia and sexism were no longer taken lightly which is partially why I felt comfortable coming back. Last night was the first time since coming back that I’ve felt like I was back in 2016 and your response definitely did not help. 

I understand it being late, I know when it’s late and I’ve had a long day I definitely kind of have shorter responses and sometimes accidentally come off a certain way. I appreciate you responding to this  and apologizing. I would just say next time maybe explain things further in depth?

@Pancho - Just next time don’t show your chars racism by commenting on skin tones? What you emoted wasn’t the worst of it (if your the one who said ‘coal people’ cause idk what your alt is lol) but still not great. 

1 hour ago, ChaoticallyCheshire said:

@DeusVult - To show your characters racism you can simply say ker or dark elves with disdain. To comment on their skin tone will always make the dark elf community and potentially anyone else around incredibly uncomfortable. It will always seem as some kind of underlying ooc racism. 

Even if that term is used by others it shouldn’t be. I know it’s something that has been discussed within the community. It’s like when you see someone run a red light, just because they did doesn’t mean you should, so that argument is invalid. Perhaps the mods need to speak with the dwarven community as a whole if this is a term used frequently. 

Tree fuckers is not a slur and it is not used towards a marginalized group. I will agree midgets shouldn’t have been used. I think due to all of our shock over the blatant racism over our characters skin tones instead of youth and beauty, some things were said out of shock and ooc anger. Nonetheless it won’t be used again, I can speak for tav when I say that. 

@MaltaMoss - They didn’t explain anything to us so it definitely seemed like a slap on the wrist from our point of view. I played on lotc from 2015-2018 and just came back in April. I heard things like racism, homophobia and sexism were no longer taken lightly which is partially why I felt comfortable coming back. Last night was the first time since coming back that I’ve felt like I was back in 2016 and your response definitely did not help. 

I understand it being late, I know when it’s late and I’ve had a long day I definitely kind of have shorter responses and sometimes accidentally come off a certain way. I appreciate you responding to this  and apologizing. I would just say next time maybe explain things further in depth?

@Pancho - Just next time don’t show your chars racism by commenting on skin tones? What you emoted wasn’t the worst of it (if your the one who said ‘coal people’ cause idk what your alt is lol) but still not great. 

Roleplay