[✓] [Magic Lore] Kani - The Way of the Oscillit

Islamadon

It's p cool, i like what you did here. Only thing I may have to say about it's the difference between the two paths; sun one does look quite underwhelming in comparision to the moon one. Spells-wise I mean.  In a sense that moon path is more dynamic and stronger, while the sun one seems to have too many average type of spell. Both are cool though, i just think the sun one should a little bit more interesting.

I can go into details, if you wish!

7 minutes ago, lemonke said:

Ironically I felt that Sun Path was more overwhelming than Moon and was concerned that the other was lacking; both paths fit a play style … moon path lacks DPS but harms magic, whereas Sun has DPS and has 0 magic protection. Given the players get to choose their style, I don’t think one is necessarily better than the other - it just depends on situation.

from the briefest glance this looks sick

9 minutes ago, Islamadon said:

Ironically I felt that Sun Path was more overwhelming than Moon and was concerned that the other was lacking; both paths fit a play style … moon path lacks DPS but harms magic, whereas Sun has DPS and has 0 magic protection. Given the players get to choose their style, I don’t think one is necessarily better than the other - it just depends on situation.

What I meant is that the moon is more 'dynamic' and has a better theme with a lot of cool and unique abilities, wherein the sun one is basically "punch stronger" or "tougher limb" but it is the aesthetic and flavour of the abilities that does matter. In my opinion, strength doesn't always come from hitting harder around magic but . I see your point though- for sure the sun path is for the classic and simple fighter archetype.

Take my opinion with a grant of salt, by the way, I'm still new around Kani- so I may not understand properly each problem. Nevertheless, you did write some epic lore here. It's easier to understand and read- I have been struggling to comprehend the accepted one! So, it's cool to see some improvements.

6 minutes ago, Mordhaund said:

am i capable of producing a hadoken with this magic 

Moon Path:

1. Find source of Mana
2. Third Eye Manipulate
3. Apply hardening
4. Channel Abjuring strike
5. Hit someone with a dense abjuring rubber ball hadoken

When do we just get stands?

3 minutes ago, Turbo_Dog said:

When do we just get stands?

Mystics already have them

EDIT: rewrite is less jojo and more . . .
Xg4QwjQ_1E0v6UuOLyBKvS3s_oJV4p-pVqk7GWUyqxrzKvRAtbKBbG7x9k1g_rI88HQml5Im7tjwp3lm32ZgEPxeRC9iyvY4VmkjIpUMBs7f88-i2bfjr5prPsoK16J1NrfOShPVi1oMAGZ8N-pLVJ8xFORR29DmgAx3L3Wrd_PRI8qFqgu4DtayPWZ8c-X0o7C-NePNCLnWSF5FNNOo6yngfdU-YZmanWwcgcjZ8fEM-OVZjzQapX2-t3ke9B4yk5bfRwYv__faGbERSwdgoAu6BU-PccmmtfCPE7tCLLTIlIDu2IdHwPg6bFwwmi1DTAfRhdH-d6NplqtRXA-eNYL9snK9-VhFk6yKikFyfz32aO_Z-bnKDeQcwmICDvbM5_M7O7k267MvT4GUEakmND2mgI6g82dEVEcuRpWh016azeAYh3G5-ML4-f0luULPrRrhg

1 hour ago, Islamadon said:

Resonance is incapable of being achieved in the event one is inhibited by metal or dense materials. It is noted that even a strand of dense jewelry is capable of inhibiting an Oscillit’s ability to achieve

I think my only issue is the metal bit, because even for the sake of mechanics, it doesn’t make sense for the tiniest of metals to put a stop to everything when you have coins and whatnot. I think it should serve as ‘the more metal, the weaker your connection’. Like wear ten rings, can’t use kani, but wear five and you’re a little inhibited. 

1 minute ago, GammaRose said:

I think my only issue is the metal bit, because even for the sake of mechanics, it doesn’t make sense for the tiniest of metals to put a stop to everything when you have coins and whatnot. I think it should serve as ‘the more metal, the weaker your connection’. Like wear ten rings, can’t use kani, but wear five and you’re a little inhibited. 

Very difficult to moderate and scale. Though I initially seethed at the current state of Metal and Kani, I came to like it because it forced an archetype of unarmored and no-weapon. The mechanic redline I included, I feel, solves the big issue of being unable to do basic things such as herb runs w/o getting barred from using your kung fu because you have alch shears. It also just safeguards against minmaxing and having someone use a sharpened palm blade or something while they fight.

10 minutes ago, GammaRose said:

idk man seeing a Kani user toss their coin pouch to the ground, pull off their jewelry  and beat the shit out of someone is a pretty cool scenario