A BROTHERS WROTH - An Issue of Challenge

Proddy

XYh_cUCHu1BSQWmPNYxUhry24rZxSV7so8LPWBR1EqZd6iLaXB8MOopPsCbPUvAhLQIlQs5FyPFoxnLIVJnpT_314FHxwmo2cwp3yBr7lm1PhMsbVE-l1_TOBE71zMT9nrV0LBt9_WBHmYbvmE8O5g

To the dishonorable cur, Lord Ruthern.

Your low character is the subject of Akritian plays. Your father was as wretched as a Lord as he was a brother, yet even I would have never stooped so low as to murder him in cold blood. Even for all of my misdeeds, even for the sin that I carry with me, I would not stoop so long as to assume the mantle of kinslayer. Yet you have done so, and you profess to it. You have vanquished my brother from this world, severed his mortal coil with your own hands.

You claim that it was a matter of self-defense? I proclaim you a liar. I do not believe for a moment that you chose to end my brothers life without dastardly ambition and a lust for power clouding your mind. You wished to assume his mantle. You wanted to become the Lord of Vidaus. But I deem you unworthy.

I will not let this house fall into the hands of a snivelling, kinslaying craven whilst I still draw breath. God has delivered upon me a new mandate in this bleak hour; just as Exalted Owyn took up arms against the dishonorable Harren in times of yore, I must root out the serpent that has assumed control of our family.

Therefore, I issue you this challenge - a duel to the death. Just as Aleksandr died by your hand, you shall perish by mine. I give you this choice - reclaim what pittance is left of your honour, and come forward to die a warriors death. Or remain a kinslaying, cowardly foulborn for the rest of your days. You are no nephew of mine. 

-Kazimir var Ruthern, Lord-Captain of the Hammerhead.

Spoiler

Ivan glanced down at the letter in the Duke's address from somewhere at sea unknowing of the familial feuds occurring between his father and cousin.

A once Inquisitor of Kazimirs Inquisition hears the news, a prayer offered to Archangel Michael and Godan in hopes that his mentor fights honorably, and that his victory is secured. 

Young Mikhaila, now the heiress to her Grandfather's duchy, clutches the missive with a sickly sensation of anxiety broiling within her stomach. She had never thought such darkness capable of shrouding her otherwise happy life, but alas, the innocence of childhood had since been engulfed. 

"Vyr Grace," She began, securing herself at her tutors flank. "What will happen now?" 
@kaylacita

“Personally I wouldn’t let that slide” commented Aldrik

A Young Ruthern Lord skimmed through the letter before casting it aside. "This jest becoming an ordinary occurance within the Haenseni Line of Ruthern it seems." His head shook from side to side as he continued to his tasks prior to reading the document. "Jest it niet, Borsa?" @Nilyeet

1 hour ago, oryP said:

A Young Ruthern Lord skimmed through the letter before casting it aside. "This jest becoming an ordinary occurance within the Haenseni Line of Ruthern it seems." His head shook from side to side as he continued to his tasks prior to reading the document. "Jest it niet, Borsa?" @Nilyeet

Rhys merely shakes his head and exhales a long, drawn out sigh. 

"So strikes the Hammerhead." 

The BARON murmurs aloud and alone, in some air of strange amusement. He resolves to be there when fate charts its course for his once would-be 'apprentice'. 

Viktor var Ruthern, Duke of Vidaus, raised a hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose as he read the issue; his brows furrowed sharply in a rather severe scowl. It felt as though the fireplace cast long shadows about the room that threatened to consume his surrounds with every flicker of those flames, irritating as they were in the corner of his eye. He spent some while in solitude and in silence, before he slammed the parchment down and stood.

"Naturally, ea will fight. Ea've nie intention of cowering from vy, Kazimir."