A New Chapter

Samler

[!] Upon the noticeboard hangs a missive, the edges had a floral like design in vivid greens with flowers blossoming in colours of deep purples, silvery whites and a singular red upon the very top which has been pierced by the nail attaching the missive. [!]

Addressed to the kin of Larihei and to the citizenry of Haelun'or.

This written address is meant for those who did not attend the public assembly. 

I have for long been Maheral, six decades, sixty years, Four Hundred and Twenty Four Months. Far longer than most Maheral of the past. Outlasting Three Sohearan, guiding through and past the attempt of genocide upon our kin. Just as I have aided in the security of our kin, creating ties to allies which still aids us to this day, teaching of the arcane to a small handful of elves, healing of our kin, taking up accursed violence to protect our kin. 

It has taken much of my light. The Maheral is supposed to take up the role as a guide, carrying a torch to keep all upon the path. While in my early days as Maheral, it burnt much akin to a bonfire, a mighty beacon for our kin, as time continued, the torch began to devour the fuel for the flame. It still burns, a light in the dark but just as I have high expectations of you, my kin. I have such of myself. The torch is not bright enough. The voice calling out to our kin is not loud enough. A tyrant would keep an irongrip upon the torch and wield the golden light as both threat and reward. While I was the sole leader of our people for a time, I did welcome former Sohaer Luthien Maeyr'onn after her partner Kaelan Maeyr'onn had taken up the road ever so suddenly to the council, like her partner, they created positive change. But I do hope to aid my successor in taking up their new mantle as a new chapter of Haelun'or is to be written.

While this is my initial end, as Maheral Seth Calith, it is a new beginning as Malaurir Seth Calith. I still offer my wisdom, experience and knowledge to the council and our kin. I wish to focus upon my own studies of the arcane, so that I can more easily share my discoveries, be it small steps or mighty leaps. In addition, I wish to offer the chance to become my student of the arcane, few have managed to succeed, as my expectations are high.

Lastly, I wish to address the question you, dear reader likely carry while scanning through my written words. The next to guide Asulir Kolvar Uradir upon the next chapter, is Maheral Arasdir Miravaris.
He will take up my duties, my aid is offered to him, as advisor as well as the practical things which might come up in his new line of duties.
To my Sulii'ceru, find a moment and reveal your former title to elMaheral, deliver any unfinished work to him, your duty is complete.

May his light illuminate us through the uncertainty that is the future. Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya

-Malaurir Seth Calith.

Spoiler

Man, such a wild ride. It has been an eye opening experience. Good and bad, I am glad it happened. Such a shame that I missed the 420'th days, but I guess if we subtract the time Silvos was temporary Maheral it adds up. I will still be roleplaying with you lovely people in Haelun'or. :) Thank you for having to put up with me, for supporting me and everything else.

79b29d29049bb3c7cb1a41b156a32054.png

Congratulations soon found the newly elected Maheral, as Ildilyntra—who shamefully could not attend the meeting—found Malaurir Miravaris at their next lesson. 

"The weight of Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya and the sanctity of our state rests heavily on your shoulders now, Maheral.  Prosper well in this position, it is your right of pure blood.

@Kenzo74

Spoiler

*Falls over and dies.* i love realsamler..... 

"Blessed Citizenry! It is both my great honor and solemn burden to have been bestowed this hallowed task. We lay now in the wake of great progress, and look with eager eyes upon the boundless horizons of Aevos. From this cradle of Tahn'miar, I implore you to rally your hearts, that we may, together, serve as the chisel by which a destiny is hewn in silver!" Had the new Maheral adress those present at the assembly, his gaze peering piercing past the attendees, as if into a bright future.

xqR4t351JQ9vPiVO5_MFtTf0dt97rXYdJkxPwKcUVxVZn8-HGB-NW8rpK84Ed9ASCuY39EwTb9HKUsdUcfxtW00ndUL-hp_iV4tK4svCXy2LSG5_2ftH-iwT0AKsAbCARUpn6a065hwrXZm12DqIYBw

[!] Alaion Miravaris, writing a letter of congratulations to his relative.

From travels in a land upon the coast somewhere rather distant, Alaion Miravaris would come to overhear a mention of critical news from Haelun'or. 

Eventually, this missive would make its way to him - by one means or another. Upon his unfurling of the paper, so too did a smile begin to unfurl in the corners of his lips - one corner drawn slightly higher than the other, though no doubt an expression of pleasant surprise.

Brushing back a lock of long, flaxen hair, the elf would drum thin, porcelain fingertips against the side of his teacup, taking a sip of the sickly-sweet concoction. 

"Hrm, let us see.. A Miravaris Maheral?"

Reading further, the Miravaris exhaled a chuckle; light and airy, alike the tone of a small bell. 

"Ah-a, oem'ii Arasdir; I suppose he has grown much by now!

Certainly, a 'thill Most Pure - there is no Miravaris that does not hold utmost dedication to the Silver State. maehr'sae hiylun'ehya."

the elf would speak, a twinkle in his catlike gaze. 

"It does grant me quite some relief to know elCihi'thilln is in good hands. The Calith has chosen well."

"E're now, it ends my faithful oath to you Seth. The one bestowed from Kaelin Aldin to me - Now he can rest assured that it was done." A Sillumir fades within the line of other soldiers, finishing his part.

Somewhere in an unknown realm at an indefinite distance from Haelun'or.

A Miravaris rejoiced at his relative's accomplishments, while an Elassidil reminisced over her old mentor and friend.