In Search of Squires

AstriaS

[!] A flier, borne across the breadth of the lands by bird and courier, finds itself posted in the various cities and towns of Canondom.

------------------------------------------------

p8TVZCQUfa5nlSWq6e3FVM3yre8-wZPlY27y5SF19hslrP-kHvdeRorP6NM1vTbrQxJOFwhBGyPq2M2dgW11cspyJvMcdGDML-mQ41Pe1LD9ieYTIel1z6NlIRUhKf08Nr_3gE_iz1YzJfehh1JnkJY

IN SEARCH OF SQUIRES

Issued the 17th of Snow’s Maiden in the Year 147 of the Second Age

BY THE WILL AND AUTHORITY OF THE WHITE THRONE

-vK6k1Uqn6xIxEW52g0hiVAbizqLC30moXcHo_2vpNwpH-q5R-Lj8vOytGQm3tZmuVh3-4F5tc8h_7N5FelPHnlWgg-yfgg50_6nBE8K7SqDYnjAZO9S54fD1ls22X4SMCkBaynjo8HIiz45ZYnLd_I

With the rising troubles of recent years and an ever-growing need for Knights to serve the cause of the good and holy, Her Royal Majesty Tar-Caraneth Aryantë now finds herself in need of squires. As such, this invitation is put out to any young men and women of the realm who should be willing to take up this charge. Prospective squires must be of the flock of GOD (or be willing to be baptized to become such) and ought to have some skill in, knowledge of, or be willing to learn the following:

- Horseback riding, and the proper care of horses

- Swordsmanship

- Archery

- The proper use and maintenance of arms and armor

All who should be interested in serving as Her Majesty’s squire may send word by courier-bird, or appear in person so that a trial may be arranged to prove your worth. Priority will be given to younger applicants. Please do note that squireships are limited in number, and will be granted as applicants prove worthy of the position. However, those who come late and are still found worthy may be given other charges, or placed under the mentorship of the Kingdom’s other Knights, should they be so willing.

Pagans, dragonkin affiliates, and darkspawn sympathizers need not inquire.

SIGNED,

-yXFOA2VRvSW_kGuigR-M0LA4z5qQ5GblGdQQ1KMm7pJERD62UP7sIaab-rchqkNAs4qcIldfSYxK5araVayNJLerk8rNz90alx7y5FDUPaXdInBpHDENznGT390_yDe8O5BX4TkDz-9vnL2AMHHRvY

HER ROYAL MAJESTY, Tar-Caraneth Aryantë of the House Arthalionath, by the Grace of GOD, Queen of the Númenedain, Princess of Númenost and Minas Amath, Protector of the Adunians, Master of the Sharadûn, Templar of the Archangel Michael, Knight of the Realm

Spoiler

Hey! I'm looking to take on some squires (and therefore make some future knights). If that sort of RP sounds like fun to you feel free to drop a reply, or reach out in game/over discord!

Io reads the flier which flew to Norland at impeccable speeds just as they put their own brand new squire to bed for the night. Io considers the flier for a moment before deciding their very own Fishacus will become the best squire or he will die in the process.

"Find Johannes, at once."

The Prince of Merryweather ordered his guard as he read the document while sitting in his office and smoking a fresh Salvian Cigar

@Balthasar

Spoiler

sqyjv38m1RDgk3KylnPLw8IlTr-ay0_SU8CL7YNJHm1MDk5X6wsfC6DKDP0GScCFJfV6jd4PytSX08w7ApuXo4Fl22YlGbbUdKabLnsVx8DJn_c1Tr6GwrVbPkDxHY5RhzXe4oci-Is59eJF3gLKNEw

2_tboSjP0vvty1UUJv-p2S5xpTyd-Y4JSOFYPX1GlK_8O-kEA--IHYf2i9WcxadhmQY0gF-ubUM6X_K7kOdr1z5ux12bkeUJSfHF2Trt2OctzBmF_1J3BeX99So6DOpFdFpbLOi4WNh8sOBykDk7Hqo

[!] amatuer handwriting in the form of scribbles litters the page [!]

A young man in a hurry scribbles down a letter.

27GeuLw7uos_RN_IFXY214UKlqLu0aRh9Zc1qYkD2ikrvjjkvfbVBsJp2tNJm_uPChz1idZMYUdlPECDqYBanZIfXpMHuk3azpOuU3CUUGp05DuJWbbNScAv9NBDBBu2joMwmVZnwlXfFnsMnCLyC0g

I have never ventured to thy holy and gracious kingdom, nor heard of Númendain or Númenost. However, if thou efforts in the work of GOD are true and holy, I offer myself to be educated under you. I seek the skills and knowledge to provide GOD and humanity my very best. 

I am unsure if thou had written your poster in answer to mine, for I do not know if Númenost or Númendain lies between Veletz or Aaun. However, I hope by the grace of GOD my search for a knight ends with this letter. 

I may assure you I understand the handling of armor, GOD and the most amateur knowledge of blades. I am too, not a pagan, heretic or one dragonkin. This letter I hope will be delivered in haste and no other will take my place. GOD speed to your answer to my request.

1HsgoOJ7E8ne8ZC1r1N_Z4SuW8ORDY_bAsIV4h2zGSRpO8vYwOld_SxslcbGmdNX5OqQQpY93ArK7Ce9eKGMoYuZSMbhVaA33Hv9zUQnISlqmWqisu1dHLflJQxb8ROkf0vZ4QxqfKGKcax53Rc4MWY

Mieszko Euler.

7 hours ago, Jihnyny said:

snip

[!] A brief letter was returned soon after. @Jihnyny

pwwKqc-_nyIeiavn3ni6_UxJcZwkRBazFkjcdh-s5pbje3KZySrGhKd5c_PIumi1x4cS4-A_Gr2iyae93Q4HXW0c_tKBY1fGWOkwZPC_efQ3v2IMNRsek8GkiI73Qt9TsL0zFwPkHpmnPz_APSElZn0

Dated the 7th of Malin's Welcome, in the Year 147 of the Second Age

Master Euler,

Greetings and GOD's blessings to you. It is with great pleasure that I have received your letter. If still you are interested, it would be my honor to host you in Fair Númenost at your earliest convenience. I have attached a map to this letter to aid in thy journey, but I will as well offer direction: we dwell to the south of Veletz, and to the South and West of Petra, at the headwaters of the River Foroduin. Our city stands atop a great earthen arch at the foot of the white mountain, Alkayaban, at the head of Ered Nimenras. I look forward to meeting you in person soon.

Jld4vmdCktDKho6cqgLBl3liGjBf59WwqGLXpxrPOI-FHvbbZLRP4jWuHv_CC4oaEf-YUmq6gymzFBHD8FmtKBSlKUGk0XED63rIq5x2KQ9WGBOEehF_f3CCxwX17V9x7G3JdQMHzkBaP6F9vJdqMbk

SIGNED,

-yXFOA2VRvSW_kGuigR-M0LA4z5qQ5GblGdQQ1KMm7pJERD62UP7sIaab-rchqkNAs4qcIldfSYxK5araVayNJLerk8rNz90alx7y5FDUPaXdInBpHDENznGT390_yDe8O5BX4TkDz-9vnL2AMHHRvY

HER ROYAL MAJESTY, Tar-Caraneth Aryantë of the House Arthalionath, by the Grace of GOD, Queen of the Númenedain, Princess of Númenost and Minas Amath, Protector of the Adunians, Master of the Sharadûn, Templar of the Archangel Michael, Knight of the Realm

A vagabond holds up the flier a moment before placing it back upon the board
"One could wonder if they're still looking, the parchment seems rather old."