National Elven News Association: Issue #1

The National Elven News Association.

{N.E.N.A}
Issue #1: Reporter and Editor: Ke’makia

WORLDLY AFFAIRS: National Politics

PGvY9GFv_5eZwJIHY3pWyR_Mqw2fK2iLu_p91JB2Ogs8VzTt8Deisf0QQ3f3Ex5_-2VTJWmSvSqPJnreSiP7HzXt9CrsMHHhsBJdbP5Y1AwumOHH8fxZ-BWEIo0dTgXLmGlW8EOPRfwEV4j0Gyiv2vs

Urguan and the Iron Horde enter a defensive alliance

The War of the Poppies between The Serene State of Luring and Sakuragakure ends. 

The United Kingdom of Aaun and the Principality of Celia’nor entered a defensive military alliance. 

The Union of Gotrek, The Grand Kingdom of Urguan, and The Principality of Celia’nor entered a non-aggression pact. 

The League of Veletz and the Principality of Celia'nor entered a defensive military alliance.

WORLDLY AFFAIRS: National Concerns

PGvY9GFv_5eZwJIHY3pWyR_Mqw2fK2iLu_p91JB2Ogs8VzTt8Deisf0QQ3f3Ex5_-2VTJWmSvSqPJnreSiP7HzXt9CrsMHHhsBJdbP5Y1AwumOHH8fxZ-BWEIo0dTgXLmGlW8EOPRfwEV4j0Gyiv2vs

The Legion of Iblees has been spotted moving across the lands in mass droves. Mortal Kind is suggested to report sightings to their city officials, and if need be. Confront or hide from the droves of Darkspawn. This legion displays ruthless hit-and-run tactics to achieve their ends.

AFFAIRS OF STATE: 

The Divadris’ are recruiting noble citizens to defend the country and state. With the rampant rise of the Legion of Iblees and growing tension in the world, now is the perfect time to take up arms. Learn to fight and defend your country and kin against the darkness. Led by Sylvir Cerusil. Contact this noble Maly for more information. (Contact _duckstep_)

NOTE-WORTHY QUOTE:

Illarion Ibarellan: A wiser Maly than he lets on? I was on the palace steps when I heard him say. “I think every elf,  Thill, Ker or Ame, all share the belief to respect our ancestral and parental wishes.”  A wise and noteworthy sentiment. Our ancestors are a binding force for us Maly. 

THE TEA: 

Raziel Amethil, Misogynist?  Having been heard speaking of an acclaimed woman. Which he said he hated. He then went on to state rather boldly. “I hate women.”  Upon spotting this reporter he armed himself with an axe and chased after me. I escaped unscathed. (I too, am a woman.)

A guard was seen breaking into Ibarellan 6. The home of Aywinn. Yelling at the top of his lungs. “Celia’norian Intelligence Agency, open up!” 

He was able to make it through the first door. But was unable to get into a trapdoor. Giving up soon after. Why are the CIA banging on Aywinn's door? We don't know but we will find out. And speaking of Awyinn, perhaps finding love at long last? The alcoholic was spotted near a stairwell, receiving compliments and appearing flustered. 

Ava can't dance? I think we all knew this. 

A Maehr (which is Ve’luah for Dark Elf) A founder of a Paladin chapter, has been seen on the streets of Celia’lin. This pacted of Xan stated he is one of many that roam the content on patrol for Darkspawn and Azdrazi. More than polite, he expressed that overall Darkspawn activity has increased across Braevos. He departed after our conversation about his order. Which is stated to be composed mostly of Dark Elves. Carrying on the ancient Maehr task of protection from Divinity in his own way. His Xannic Chapter, as he expressed knowingly, fights a war they may never see the end. Exclaimed by himself, “We will fight until we are dead, or they are dead.” 

Our conversation ended with an interesting touch. The Maehr in question is one of the many grandchildren of Dak’ir Des’nox. Former Primarch of Ker’nor and founder of the once Onyx Sanctum. Will this Maehr lay claim to his grandfather's title as his Maehr chapter of Paladins grows? 

Out beyond the walls, is a small cathedral. Where the councillor A’eollaja Ibarellan hosts a score of scholars. It appears to be a small university of sorts. Its design implies mass lectures will be held within its walls. However, speculation has been expressed by some locals as to what the Ibarellan wishes to teach the residents of Celia’in. 

The topic of the Elven Week: Business in Celia’in

SILVERSTONE, THE CELIA’IN BRANCH

Aluthshae owns a shop beside the local tavern. It's one of many in a chain of stores called Silverstone. A part of the Forsythe Company, owned by Aluthshae. It is offering clothing, giftware, accessory items, and jewellery for both men and women. In addition, he hopes to source a number of paintings in the branch store. 

He states any item which bears the parent company name, Forsythe, has been hand-made by the owner himself. Making a distinction between Silverstone crafts and Forsythe crafts. Which are announced by plaques in the shop itself.  Aluthshae stated he has also thought about opening a coffee shop. 

Lastly, this successful and wealthy businessman is a bachelor. Though he doesn't wish to cling to this mantle. 

THE POTION DEPOT. 

Owned by a bright Maehr, Knox,  this shop provides potions and services of an alchemical nature. Simply ask for it, and he'll either have it, or he can get it for you. He says some of his biggest exports are Null Arcana, Auric Oil and Hounds Howl. All useful for fighting magi and Darkspawn. 

All he had to say to the citizens of Celia’in? “If you need something alchemically, come to me and I can provide such.” 

THE DRUNKEN SAILOR TAVERN

Owned by Slyva Cerusil. It provides a comforting area for any weary travellers or bored citizens to relax and have a drink or two. Of course, it goes without saying it can get quite rowdy at times, but the owner believes that is part of the charm. Lliran can come together and bond whilst getting merrily drunk and forget their worries for a short time. She left the short but sweet interview with a simple “Invite your lliran to a night of singing, dancing, and booze! Perhaps you may even witness a fight or two.”

A CELIAN’IN THERAPIST: (The only Therapist in all of Braevos?)

Destiny Gurth is an Aheral. Head Practicing Resident Psychiatrist of Destiny's Therapy. Dark hair and scars reflect a hardened life. This may be why she offers her services to help mend the mind and emotions of others. 

Her office is located in Ibarellan 11. However, she informed me that she is in the practice of visiting her patients' houses for sessions if they feel more comfortable in that setting. 

In a light of humor she told me. “The practices used to be called a Touch of Destiny: however I thought that would be misconstrued into something I really didn't intend. So it's just Destiny's Therapy.”  A choice, likely for the best. People are animals. 

The first question. How does one sign up for these services? “It's relatively simple. They could drop a session request in the office mailbox. Or, if they preferred to remain anonymous; they could send a personal note by a bird in which case prying eyes wouldn't be an issue.” 

Curious about how she planned to keep her practice afloat and pay for rent and food I pressed deeper. “So how does one pay for these services? Do they pay? Would members of the Military get discounts or have payments null and void?”

To which she said “First session is free; I always like to get an understanding as to exactly how much therapy the client needs and what different avenues and methods are to be used.. Not every case has a one-size-fits-all solution. Of course, payments can differ. Again depending on the method or extent of the services rendered.. Typically I would charge per session, but at first glance if it seemed they were unable to afford it; then we’d work something out later. Military members would be considered a civic duty, in which case I wouldn't bother charging them. “ 

I asked if she had any closing statements. She smiled leaving me with a simple sentence. “All are welcome. My services do not discriminate”. 

THE  GENKO APOTHECARY: 

Owned by a short human woman. Polite and respectful. Watanabe Akemi runs the Genko Apothecary. A quaint little shop right off the edge of the city square, beside the bank. This adorable little store has an ample amount of sitting space.  Offering both Teas, food and other drinks to its patrons. In addition to medicines, it sells many spiritual items to ward off foul darkspawn. Such as Salts, incense fashioned in stick form, and the Omamori. Described to me as a very small bag, servicing a variety of purposes. A token of good luck meant to ward off negative things and bring positive things to the holder. Though be warned. Opening an Omamori relinquishes all the good luck gained. 

The shop, as stated, offers a variety of teas. Hojicha, Macha, Sencha, and Sakuracha. Macha and Sencha are both Green Teas. Offering energy. Hojicha helped relieve me of stress when I drank it at the shop. The Sakuracha has yet to be imported from the Oyashiman islands. This will be the first time it has ever been brought from their homeland to the rest of the Descendant kind. 

Watanabe stated at the end of our interview. That she would have more food soon. But didn't know what they would be just yet.

An open invitation

As the N.E.N.A gets up onto its feet, it will house more stories and information. The objective of this paper is to establish a streamline of information to the population of Celia’in, and in time, the populations of all Maly. We welcome personal birds about eye-catching news and events around the world and beyond.

To any local or foreign shops that wish to be recognized or have advertisements displayed in the paper. A standard charging fee of 20 Mina will cover an advert in the paper. As we intend to open up our own office within Celia’in soon. Though this will not be free. We are currently one printing press strong in the attic of the Maehryan Manor.

Editors, and Reporters or open to apply via bird or by placing a resume in the Maehryan Manor mailbox upon Celia 7. As we are ever wishing to expand our range of view. The more reporters and editors we gain, the more in-depth our paper can be. Allowing us to cover news on a continental scale. 

(Contact FunkyMaehr)

5 minutes ago, ThatFunkyBunch said:

Ava can't dance? I think we all knew this. 

"YOU WILL DIE. I SWEAR TO THE MIGHTY GODS! I WILL FIND YOU." AVA SCREAMED VERY LOUDLY IN HER MANOR AS SHE READ THROUGH THE MISSIVE. SHE WAS MALDING, SEETHING EVEN. "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY ART?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH." THE OLD WOMAN FELL FROM THE CHAIR, UTTERLY UPSET.

"I do not hate women! I just hate you specifically!" Raziel exclaimed, screaming over from below the winery. "Anyways."

6 minutes ago, lemonke said:

"YOU WILL DIE. I SWEAR TO THE MIGHTY GODS! I WILL FIND YOU." AVA SCREAMED VERY LOUDLY IN HER MANOR AS SHE READ THROUGH THE MISSIVE. SHE WAS MALDING, SEETHING EVEN. "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY ART?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH." THE OLD WOMAN FELL FROM THE CHAIR, UTTERLY UPSET.

There is suppressed giggles as Liriel just- avoids the manor for the time being. Allowing her family member to calm down for the time being.

The Wanderer from Afar gazed over the paper hidden away, searching to see if her name was included, she was safe.. For now..

Though the introduction of the paper for Celia'nor brought her some spark of joy, one of the many steps to further Celia'nor she thought.

The Celia'nor Tribune writer scoffs from her home in Haelun'or, "They'll never be like me. What a shame."

Aywinn glanced down at the part about her, getting flashbacks of just wanted to show off dresses to her lliran... That weird ass guard trying to bust down her trapdoor (Such a loser, couldn't even break down a trapdoor of all things) "I'm not sober enough for this" The Ibarellan huffed before going to her own special stash of alcohol

“I’m not dwunk enuff…. MOAR FOR YEE COWN!” Said a drunk ember reading this missive, then using to make a paper star shurikin

Gharak went straight for her study when she got home; she had bought this newspaper on a trip through elven lands, and on the way back she was so excited that she couldn't think about anything else.

"Now, letz peep diz new newzpaper! Peepz like eht haz bub' kontent." she groaned in satisfaction when she sat at her messy table, and started reading.

"Hozh Hozh..." she laid back after a bit. "Dey zhud zort dehr topikz ah'but mohr, nub zhure iv eht all nehdud tu ahm in'ere." she said, but she grinned nonetheless.

"More newzpappur iz alweyz guud newz."