[PK] The Last Flight Of An Eagle

Me_llamo...

THE LAST FLIGHT OF AN EAGLE

OBmMLjEQrvyxXZW8mAQ1kBeMBqhCg4VxJDTTZYHEgHFpSXfWkXpE7jMWX1kHX6Snulsc-5abmVzNciCb1bg7wl8llQ2aQF3Nk-c_iOQujroj2Dw-Y_8Qegss1TpVtwixYjWIjIU7nQZUT2YAsa8KG9Q

[A portrait of Eirene Linh Vuiller]

YpaCcqfsxLlARXjDE0XzvqBCUkKLIcAaBmZGoWBDWSs-gF-GRZYLnC5tOBxnnbMEr6CZHAr8pUPJOQTCxC5UUwlVFRL-UbzGjSUT42EkArxlDcL7owy5agpznusQ0wMeNcYL015NZUJbUBVK6pavagM

“The war is here” Eirene sighed to herself as the news of the past King of Aaun Edmund by the forces of Stassion, she signed a lorraine and prayed for all those who would die in the future of this fight, not expecting that she would die that same day.

Then the news of the Stassion, along Veletzian forces running away, all the allied forces of Balian, Haense, Petra and Hyspia chased after, but seemingly to no avail, their forces seemingly ran faster than the allies, surprised, the sick woman traveled back to Whitespire, somehow holding her illness back, thankfully Harald had blessed her today with good health, so she could fight and protect her family, her nation; Along her distant Cousin Rosalind Laurelie Valkonen “I hope… I hope you don't die” Eirene told Rosalind in a soft voice “I hope not, I don't want my baby to die along with me” Rosalind said, then Eirene froze in place, not wanting to utter any other word.

As the gates of Whitespire opened and the whole rally passed the gates, an ominous feeling passed through Eirene’s spine, she felt death but was unsure of whom it was, she prayed to GOD and to Saint Harald for the souls of all the righteous canonists who would die in the battle that was soon to happen.

Time passed, enough for Eirene’s feeling to pass, it seemed the Veletzians and Stassions were not valiant enough to attack, they only wanted to remain hidden, with their tail between their legs… but she was, once again, wrong… the Veletzians brought reinforcements, seemed like they spent their time begging for more armies rather than preparing their own.

Eirene climbed to an advantageous position where she could scout the enemy army, where she could shoot at them for she did not know how to wield a sword properly, but she would try to protect her country, her allies… and most importantly her family.

As the battle started, and the allies charged, Eirene prepared her crossbow, she shot sometimes before it sadly jammed, making her climb down, in enemy lines and in the frontlines of the fight, she wrapped her hand around her sword, giving one last silent prayer, and blessed by Harald, she slayed enemy after enemy, something someone like her, who had naught grabbed a sword, less practiced should be able to, but somehow, she was able.

aUHj5RstxdmfYeOjJ6slOX00EuG72o-7ZkjiRTWcdGeo8a3uKPgGJom1e7S1t_uDsW4JgfATBTDXUXAlnmNBS9AzQf8dSf4yVrT3bjQ54Ipmx1Q8bQ3_Su4kClY2E9q0HjJcz_4SkR1Npk2G1uyAyR8

[An image of the two armies before clashing]

The ‘so prepared’ army of Veletz, Stassion, Krugmar and Celia’nor had people of their ranks stripped from their lives by an untrained civilian which had not grabbed a sword in her whole life, Eirene asked herself ‘Why is this so easy, why are they so… weak?’ but… once again, she was wrong, half-wrong, as an enemy sword struck her chest, throwing her to the floor.

Coughing blood, more blood than she usually did because of her illness; 

Did she, in her last moments started to remember her whole life, it all, from the times she was young, her first love, and the man she married Elio “I am sorry…” she said in a fading voice as her eyes became more and more life-devoid, in her last moments she thought about her family, giving out a final smile, knowing they were all safe 

YpaCcqfsxLlARXjDE0XzvqBCUkKLIcAaBmZGoWBDWSs-gF-GRZYLnC5tOBxnnbMEr6CZHAr8pUPJOQTCxC5UUwlVFRL-UbzGjSUT42EkArxlDcL7owy5agpznusQ0wMeNcYL015NZUJbUBVK6pavagM

Letters arrived for her Kin:

For Johan:

Spoiler

Be not afraid, my child, for if I am to die soon, I will reunite with my kin, with those whom I have loved and can't interact with anymore, I will tell your father about you, about the strong man who you have been made into.

Please carry on our legacy, the one that Harald forged, and generation after generation we have been improving, I hope you are able to care for your lovely wife and children, and care for your siblings as well.

PD: If I see you up there with GOD not soon after I depart, I will scold you as I did when you were young, so do not meet me up there in at least 15 years, please.

For Gabriel: 

Spoiler

You, my son… cry all you need, but don't forget there’s other people here, to support you in these times, if this letters arrives to you, I am sadly dead, I hope it does not need to arrive, but I need to prepare in case I do; Battles tend to end with casualties, cry for me all you need, but forget not that you are not alone, you have your family close, and GOD closer, do not forget who the enemy is, do not forget our values, uphold your honor.

For Annika Henrietta:

Spoiler

Girl, I hope you understand that war brings death, I hope you can defend yourself, but never kill an innocent, practice GOD’s way, and only his way, I am proud of you for taking on Harald’s path, I hope it is as brilliant as his.

Sadly, if you receive this letter it means that I am dead, I will be up there observing you amongst all of your kin… the dead ones of course, go find comfort on the living, but don't dwell much on the dead, it will not bring anything good

Spoiler

Thanks to @tadabug2000and @Haraldfor letting me play as Eirene, it was a rather fun experience when I played as her, I wish I had given her more development and I sadly would have if it werent for the rolls, anyway- I hope the House fares well, so do you two, and uh… yea! Long Live Vuiller boyzzzzz, anyway, funny enough to see how a sick and elderly woman who hadnt trained with a sword in his life gets to kill 2 soldiers of other nation

PD: Godric was Eirene's favorite son (Yes @Gavin_ told me to include this in the post, but I do not repent on adding it) 

Camilla chuckled maniacally. "Death to King Edmund the young, his tyrannical regent Heinrich Lothar. And now the death of the witch who turned my nephews and nieces against their cousins and me. Time for a drink of celebration." She told her husband Odrin. @_RoyalCrafter_

Edited by Frank_Dog

“Mi’lady” a tentative voice spoke out towards an extremely elderly woman, the maid holding a missive. 
The aged lady Rosemary Vuiller sighed, adjusting her spectacles “no need to be so cautious, Magda. The only time I receive news from the outside is when a family member reaches the seven sky’s. Come, who is it this time?” She gestured over towards the seat across from her.

The elder had little recollection of her great granddaughter apart from meeting her when the girl was very young. 

“War takes everyone. Those who are left waiting for their loved ones to return from battle are the ones who suffer in the end. Oh how I long to see my kin again. Magda, shall I enlist in the armada? Maybe that will hurry along my arrival to the seven sky’s!” She let out a chuckle, whilst her poor maid sat in discomfort at the comment. 

A Count signed the lorraine, before kneeling to pray. "May vy rest peacefully within the Seven Skies, vy were as dobry a woman and an even better mamej to Johan and the others." The mans stomach turned upside down, excusing himself from the church as it had. "For if Y had niet conscripted vy, vy would still live to this day."

A scream, a lound bang, the breaking of glass.. that was the only sounds that left the Vuiller estate as the news were delivered to formerly bedridden Johan. In tha passing year had he not only almost lost his wife, he had lost his brother and now his mother as well. Luckily for the young Count he was alone.. all alone within that massive estate as he looked over the family portrait of his parents and siblings.. Out of a family of seven only four remained. Yet all was not lost.. the man taking a moment to breathe moving to take a seat upon the roofs of his estate where he often found peace. a gitar resting in his arms as he would soon start to play a tune, the young man singing a song his mother had often played him as he looked up to the dark sky of the winters eve. 

A thick scent of death lingered about the blood-stained streets of Whitespire, following the battle the day prior. Rosalind swept the streets in search of those in need of her medical aid, but alas there was little use for a medic amongst the dead. The corpses, friend and foe alike, lined the streets and amongst them the squire discovered her kin, Eirene Linh Vullier. A moment of shock washed over the young woman before she finally mustered the courage to kneel at her side.
"Vy lived a woman worthy of the title Countess, Mother, Cousin... Friend, even. Ag vy have chosen an honour above all others..." Her voice strained under her emotions as she retrieved the woman's blade and wrapped Eirene's cold, rigid fingers about the hilt. "A warrior's death. May GODAN guide vyr soul to the heavens above - for you are deserving of an eternity of peace."
Rosalind personally sought to it that her body was well-maintained and returned to her Vuiller kin.

Just as the sword pierced Eirene's chest and the light slowly disappeared from her eyes, it was the free fall into nothingness that she was to encounter next. Everything around her was dark now that death had finally reached her. The images of life, whether as a child, an old granny or the other way round, flashed before her inner eye. It was a sad ending, but in that ending she found one thing. A little soul, the soul of a lady who had buried herself in her work one day and ultimately died as a result. Her white hair as light as snow, her skin as pure as the petals of a flower and her eyes as clear as the sky. The lady wore a blue dress and a white coat over her shoulders, which made her look even more like a ghost. "Eirene..." Her voice, soft as the people of gentle bells trying to wake you up and the sound as gentle as the first snowflake landing from the sky on the tip of your nose. "You fought well... have brought your family far, but now rest..." The lady's arms would gently wrap around Eirene, only to pull her into an embrace and slowly sink to the ground. "Now you are back with me and can rest... my dearest Eirene..."