hello

Unwillingly

back in august I took an extended indefinite leave after hitting heavy burnout with lotc. I think I was just absorbing way too much of it at once and it made my interest with the server plummet to a point where logging on for the simplest RP was a chore and it felt like nothing I was doing in RP or OOC had any influence, that I wasn't making progress with things I wanted to succeed, and I didn't want to keep making false promises to my local circle of RPers that I'd be able to devote time to them when I couldn't. a lot of it was because of magic and creature rewrites that made me increasingly frustrated and argumentative until it felt like my creative ability wasn't being facilitated, but suffocated. so I tried to leave things off in the best spot I could before checking out

while I was away I tried to explore other creative outlets, such as RPGs, writing communities, and personal passion projects. they were fun, but these experiences were unfulfilling and could never scratch the creative itch many of us have. it's a recycled opinion, but lotc is unmatched. nothing comes close. you cannot find any other platform out there that matches the level of authenticity and depth this server offers, and it's made it a little easier for me to appreciate the server for what it is instead of what it isn't. your characters and storytelling abilities don't start or end with lotc, and what happens on the server has no bearing on your personal creative liberty. separate it from the server and it'll not only help you enjoy the server more, but it'll teach you to be more independent and self-sustaining when it comes to writing. not that lotc shouldn't compliment your creativity or vice versa, but having that distinction is much more beneficial for yourself and those around you

a couple days ago I had heard that the community I cared about was on the uptick which gave me some spirit to poke my head around again. I feel like a bit of an outsider to it coming back after so long, but it's in a better state than I left it in at the end of the day. as for lotc itself it doesn't really feel like I even left. but I've gotten some nice welcome-back messages from friends. since then I've had some pleasant RP on my high elf Galahad in places like petra and celia'nor, as well as fun confrontations on my naztherak Castiel. but I feel very rusty and I'm definitely struggling to get back into the groove of RP it feels like. I want to get invested and have the hype for the story and RP interactions like I used to, which I haven't really felt since prior to quitting and its kind of a bummer. not sure if I'm just growing out of that, if I need something fresh, if I'm just looking in the wrong spots or what the problem is

while I was away I completed my second semester of college and am on break right now, got some nice christmas presents, and visited some family for the weekend. I also have a friend coming to visit from across the state in january, so I'm excited for that. I'll be 21 in february which is crazy to think about. I think this is my 7th or 8th year on lotc - I joined when I was about 12 or 13. its wild

how have yall been

hello boss. I recently got access to discord servers again after some IRL contention, but even before that I've been having a ton of fun rp'ing on Serwa whilst not being in any discord servers. ngl lotc has been treating me well, very happy to see you back. I'm writing some lore (god help me) that I may throw at you soon to review

I'm glad you're back 

Just now, satinkira said:

I'm writing some lore (god help me) that I may throw at you soon to review

I will hunt you for sport 

but I'm glad to hear ur doing well and the craft had been good to u

JADE YAAAAAAYYYYYY hi :))

Edited by Turbo_Dog

Welcome back! Hmu on disc @ _luxury if you want to tap into some rp!

in a similar sense to you, with the aftermath of what happened with the varg rewrite i chose to take a step away from lotc which i'm basically continuing to do until uni responsibilities blow over (until summer) and i've definitely felt the same way about feeling rusty and "out of practice" with my RPing ability, though it's good to see you back for sure, it'd be nice to catch up