[PK] THE ONE WHO STAYED

Queen Catherine I, who had directed the majority of her people into the tunnels had shouted, "Come, Sigismund! You can make it too!" But she saw his intent in his eyes, the brave mans determination to make a stand to distract the raiders while she and her people got to safety. And she would not forget the name of the man this night or any other, as they slept underground where his battle cry was but an echo in their imaginations.

Perhaps she had one more man to Knight,

Sir Sigismund, The Defiant

In her small garden, Marisol planted a flower in honor of the fallen knight.

"May he rest peacefully."

Aurel von Theonus heard the all too familiar war cry as he helped the queen usher Vallagne's citizenry and guests through the commonwealth's tunnel network. The lad lagged behind the group, his uncle's sacrifice weighed heavily on his mind. "Rest easy, my mad uncle, your story will be told for many generations. May you find peace in the seven skies."

Prince Paul Alexander of the Petra rhythmically echoes a prayer as he signs the Lorraine and lights a candle in his Royal apartment for the fallen soldier.

"Lat Rex nub dezurve a warrior like lat." The orcish neophyte Muraak bows his head in respect of the guardsmen that stayed. "Lat hab uruk-heart, da zpiritz smyle upon lat." With that, an offering to the spirits was left in the courageous guardsman's name.

“Another falls to our steel,” sighed Teobold as he looked to Jamukha. “Would I rather have run through a coward than he.” @Sixbyte

Edited by IncognitoOtter

Raphaiel stood atop the walls of Petra, his battle raiment donned and having intruded the walls of Petra, watched the chaos ensue. One of those, being the final stand of Sigismund.

"A commendable effort." he awarded, after seeing the lone man felled. "Terrible shame his leaders won't show the same honor and valiance as he." Raphaiel slowly shook his head, leaving it at that. Then, he returned to holding perimeter, the man's death upon his mind for the rest of the night.

14 hours ago, IncognitoOtter said:

“Another falls to our steel,” sighed Teobold as he looked to Jamukha. “Would I rather have run through a coward than he.” @Sixbyte

“It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth - a good man dying for the wrong cause. Although Teobold, we cannot see a good man’s opposition as a slight. As they say, never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence, there is very little deliberate wickedness in this world.” the slayer of Sigismund, Sergeant Jamukha, idly commented to his fellow Veletzian.

Edited by Sixbyte

As Artel called for his daughter he watched his cousin march forward, the same movements as the day he earned the name "The mad", with a silent nod he ushers the children into hiding knowing that his cousin would not be joining them.
As his warcry echoed through the city Artel smiled, for his cousin had died in battle to defend the innocent as he always said he would.

"Another death.. Another life lost to this pointless war. When will they see that all this causes is pointless agony and bloodshed?" Moth asked, looking to the sky as if it would have an answer. Finding none, they sighed. "I hope you find rest, brave soldier.."