THE UNION OF DOVE AND EAGLE

KSr4e_C0iKfVO4y6Z6dFXi2ZksDsCfjKwhl3WGlM81cJ9zQiOTys73SSw6a1sotkskmCXbW2zz4cwC7WarqL67p0uaK7cMy6glEvy8pcM1L9tCXQ3bWH1kI6Rkt1MDrqQDO2G3XsFQmGc0qatUISNws

CHd9M5BpYr18DHxe9jCInzoW9BMV7L7l4Df8w6IW95Y9DbaomtHoqjfpRywYwT_tbKSs9BujM4EE8EEYxDcy-9S_6Z7WIOkfIRdHC4aRIsM8zeVQRA9NIoBLCV-qoRjFtoOh6YrSNMvrCiHjQSZUn04

xJdATbxwm5fgmtF57y0DWt7GsetbW-9PAZi7IZ7J6GXlv9nI1YEiv_3lVMPBqJ0glp_nM4rQ3ljGXJ9MeyTbtuM9phVapcsnDHV8nfMMQHblpckDhMIgnq3zbVfOWe_bquej_j5ZUo9HzAI0BIDgPb0

lwCazXs6SR0nUe5D29sMrCXO_I52zSOXju_QXpXTDSL5Dj800rK5DGT1UlgqMX9LxECGyUz4j37PW6cy8ZxW2chb0qfOTafzHEQ6KqjfX8XJxFxmGwd5KGRnPZu1MEl47FsxxvoBXgFj-NOGYPa0VmU

Joseph III and Charlotte Augustina during their early courtship. 

A soft breeze danced through Petersburg and bells chimed softly. Sunlight danced between stained glass of Saint Tobias’ chapel and bathed Joseph and Charlotte in holy light. “Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!" cried the woman as she engulfed her to-be husband in a tight hug. 

TO OUR CHERISHED SUBJECTS,

Jubilation! The Ducal Chair rejoices in the union of Duke Joseph III and Lady Charlotte Augustina of Petersburg. The newlyweds invite all citizens of Petersburg, and of lands beyond, to assist in this holiest of sacrament at Saint Tobias’ Chapel. Afterwards, a brief and private reception shall be held at the Ducal household to celebrate the couple.

Special invitations are extended to, 

His Ducal Grace’s esteemed pedigree, d’Maltose

His Grace, Lord Isaiah Matthews d’Maltose 

His Grace, Lord Saul d’Maltose

Her Grace, Lady Adriana Renatia d’Maltose

His Lordship, Baron George Alexander, his esteemed pedigree, and the people of Corentina
His Lordship, Lord John Ronald d’Maltose and the Petersburg Ducal Guard 

IN NOMINE DEI,

HIS DUCAL GRACE, Joseph III, by the grace of GOD, Duke of Petersburg

Spoiler

The wedding will be held FRIDAY, 4 pm EST in Petersburg.

Joseph III prepared his finest Ducal attire. For the next few days he was seen beaming with glee.

Isaiah prepared his finest attire for the joyous occasion. 

Baron George Alexander of Corentina will hear the news, he'd cheer out" Blessings to the young couple, may GOD preserve them and bid them a lifetime of happiness.

The ducal guardsman would shine his armour, Polish his blade. Addorn his finest steel, He would stand in the palace with a proud poster "Duke Joseph, I rejoice in your Union with Lady Charlotte, The guard is ready!" He would bow as the duke passed. 

Kasimir Jumbo 2 (the second of his name) was in an uproar over this - "IT ISN'T TRUE!!! NO!!!!!" He cried, "THEY CLAIM MY TITLES!!!!"

An ancient ally WILL be there. By any means necessary. 

@christman

The Lord Saul d’Maltose nodded in satisfaction, his fat hand raising a tankard of wine towards his brethren the Duke. “Life shall be lived on the eve where olde Joseph is hitched!”

William Benjamin of Corentina found the marriage, and this proposal, to be an offence against his honor! Charlotte was to be his bride, and he assured himself that he would cause a scene. . . For the sake of his honor! Hopefully his brother wouldn't step in his way. Maybe George Alexander would even help?

"May GOD forgive me for what I must do. He understands the intentions of my heart."

@DancingZebra267

Baron George Alexander of Corentina reread the missive announcing the impending wedding, only to discover that the intended bride was meant for his brother, a union meant to strengthen the Corentina family. A mix of shock and realization washed over him, prompting the immediate need to address this situation.

In a letter to his brother, he penned his thoughts:

"Forgive my ignorance, as I failed to recognize the true identity of the intended bride. What course of action do you propose in light of this unexpected twist? Surely, divine blessings do not accompany a union founded on such betrayal."

@Sebbysc

Edited by DancingZebra267

16 hours ago, SwaK said:

"The guard is ready!"

Lord John Ronald d’Maltose would adorn his ceremonial armor and sheathe his recently sharpened blade.  He approaches the soldier speaking to the duke.  "GOD bless, we are ready."