Story Announcement - Winter Fixes and Updates

squakhawk

Based squakposting

lectors

4 minutes ago, Child Neglecter said:

Seeing as now that Greater Mutations are Homonculus and Klone specific, as someone who's had experience with Tawkin for many years, they should have to be documented on the applications of the players who are either Klones or Homonculi in order to make life easier. I've often found that I'd have to create player-made "placeholder items" that would effectively only exist to prove OOCly to other people that the person had the mutation. It's just better to introduce them onto the app and make things a lot more clear cut with mutations that way, since people tend to argue about them.

That is the intent. When I am home and able to implement changes, it is noted in the redlines.

8 minutes ago, Gustando said:

where's the part where you let people with kani carry mina and items that are required to interact with the server's plugins...

check the soon to be new lore, has a clause for it(i have to check over the final required changes but otherwise this'll be implemented this month)

44 minutes ago, squakhawk said:

This is something that immediately just sounded jarring to me- this doesn’t really fit into Malchediael’s aesthetic, does it? Even if you reskinned it appropriately, isn’t it more beneficial to perhaps put healing in the hands of another person to generate roleplay?

damn this is crazy, if only they removed the ability for paladins to heal everyone (instead only healing fellow paladins: see Templarism bonfires) and gave that ability to a different magic...

While I see the difficulty in managing Tawkin mutations, there are so many characters I'm familiar with that have their benefits as an integral part of their character. I think this could be easily tracked with something simple as an FA and reply system, in which the mutation is specified. I understand wanting to boost CAs, but the loss of mutations is immensely sad to both myself and a large community of people. Herbs we'll never get back!

I love when tawkin gets gutted, a cap is put on clone #, mutations can only be held by ppl who died (l bozo?) and came back as clones (doesnt give the st management who do tawkins and their buddies a boost in power over everyone else at all), and there's still a pk clause on it despite almost every other pk clause being removed from the server including azdrazi's. 

A little sad to see that mutations have been reserved specifically for hommunculi and klones now, though I can understand why that decision was made. Still, perhaps a feat system as @Lapidary suggested could work as an ideal compromise? Also, considering healing has always been a quinessential aspect of Paladins in the fantasy genre, I think contemplating the removal of Mist Healing, which in itself is a relatively underwhelming spell, is a mistake. It doesn't make sense to gut Paladinism of said spell when Templarism has seen such a massive expansion recently.

This change in greater mutations not being able to be used by normal descendants could have been written down as some herbs changing in Aevos thus, it becoming impossible for the body of a descendant to survive being given a greater mutation. This way people who already had them, wouldn't lose what they already had. Just an idea.

A little sad to see greater mutations go to only Homunculi and Klones but it's understandable

Now everyone will just need to get a Min max magic

10 minutes ago, rukio said:

(doesnt give the st management who do tawkins and their buddies a boost in power over everyone else at all)

mutations like that are dumb anyway, nobody should have the ability to dodge things like arrows just because you're looking at them.

also remove mechanical limbs next please, its such a cop out. people literally get their limbs chopped off just to get magical replacements with 3 different enchantments so they can shoot out fire and block swords with their arms, remove remove remove

Edited by ReveredOwl

don’t believe the aengudaemon part

many thanks 

this may have been asked already, but does the freeze on shamanism apply to writing in lesser spirits for cultures, or is it in specific reference to rewrites and similar things?