Investigation Report: Undead Activity and Alleged Corruption of Queen Amaya of Haense

Investigation Report: Undead Activity and Alleged Corruption of Queen Amaya of Haense

Date of Report: 19th of Snow's Maiden, 1959

Executive Summary: Holy Ser Gerard, a knight of Judicator in the Holy Order of Saint Jude, conducted an investigation in Haense regarding the presence of cursed individuals and potential corruption involving Queen Amaya. The report outlines interactions with cursed children, including Laelia and Sermi, accusations of harassment, and Queen Amaya's alleged protection of these individuals.

Introduction: The investigation aimed to understand the nature of cursed individuals in Haense, particularly the actions of Laelia and Sermi, and to scrutinize claims of Queen Amaya's involvement in shielding them from challenges.

Findings:

Encounter with Cursed Individuals:

Laelia, a cursed child, sought a cure for her affliction.

Sermi, another cursed child, accused the investigator of harassment, asserting the blessing of their curse.

Involvement of Queen Amaya:

Queen Amaya intervened in the public confrontation, removing the cursed children from the scene.

Confidential Information from Antonia Elisabeth:

Antonia Elisabeth, Ward of Queen Amaya, shared concerns about the cursed children.

Antonia disclosed Queen Amaya's protective actions and potential violations of Canon Law.

Arthur Burke and Hollowcliffe:

Arthur Burke, a former Voidstalker, mentioned a connection to a place called Hollowcliffe.

Arthur suggested investigating Hollowcliffe with an army due to potential darkspawn presence.

Deia's Role:

Deia, the steward of Queen Amaya, is in a relationship with Arthur Burke and is suspected to be Laelia's sister.

Analysis: The report reveals a complex web of relationships, potential deception, and Queen Amaya's protective stance towards the cursed individuals. Alleged violations of Canon Law and Arthur Burke's connection to Hollowcliffe raise concerns about possible undead activities.

Conclusion: The investigation raises serious questions about the relationship between Queen Amaya and cursed individuals, potential corruption, and the existence of undead activities. Further scrutiny is required to validate claims and determine the extent of Queen Amaya's involvement.

Recommendations:

Conduct a thorough examination of Hollowcliffe to assess the validity of claims related to darkspawn.

Investigate the alleged protection of cursed individuals by Queen Amaya, focusing on potential violations of Canon Law.

Seek additional testimonies and evidence to substantiate the information provided by Antonia Elisabeth.

Appendices:

Interview transcript with Antonia Elisabeth.

Any additional documents supporting the findings.

References:

Canon Law: Book V, Title II, Chapter 3, #7 - Crimes against Ecclesiastical Authority.

Acknowledgments: Holy Ser Gerard acknowledges the assistance of Antonia Elisabeth and offers gratitude for her commitment to further investigation.

Distribution: This report is to be distributed to relevant authorities, including Judicator, ecclesiastical officials, and other concerned parties.

This report is submitted by Holy Ser Gerard, Knight of Judicator, Holy Order of Saint Jude, on the 19th of Snow's Maiden, 1959.

"These people are daft, it is nae the fault of the cursed children. They are innocents whose parents have done them wrong. A sin should ne'er pass from a parent tae a bairn, but of course, I wouldnae expect a Canonist holy order tae have any idea of what's actually right," ranted Yr-Solheim from the paladin keep. "You go, Queen Amaya."

"I think they got some details wrong. . ." Arthur, the CURRENT Voidstalker muttered. "Missing publicly available and simple information, and plenty of just. . . falsities."

Anatoliy bursts out laughing as the report, SOMEHOW, claims Deia was in a relationship with Arthur Burke. "In vyr wildest dreams, Arthur! Hahahahahahah, Godani Ea needed a dobry laugh."

Sermi, in the middle of a meeting in Haense, having been provided a copy of this report; laughed. A small nudge to the man at her side, murmuring off. "Is Ser Gerard aware Hallowcliff was even destroyed?" The devil added, with a contented hum. "This is truly the best the Church can do? Ah - disappointing." 

Amaya furrows a brow as the parchment is delivered to her and stares in profound disbelief.  "This is simply incorrect. Slander? Libel?" she murmurs inquisitively to the handmaiden at her bedside.

A hand wraps about the Hussariyan cross that hangs from her neck, and for a moment, she prays that the proper truth would come to light.

Somewhere, star-drowned eyes read over the missive. A brow twitches as Amaya is mentioned, and suspected.

The paper is burnt to ashes as he reads onward, about false relationships and lies. Haus stands - and taking a page from his dear Mentor's book - makes a little black book of his own. Names are jolted into it.

He decides to leave the forgiveness to someone else.

6 minutes ago, sarahbarah said:

Queen Amaya sits in her bedchambers and blinks back tears, utterly distraught by the public slander. Perhaps her heart had gotten the better of her, when she had shown kindness to the cursed children, whom she wished to show GOD’s holy light.

She sets out to pen a letter, writing to Holy Ser Gerard;

”Holy Ser,

It pains me so that you would berate my name so publically after my willingness to share information about these children that I sought to cure. I lent you a space in my palace to further your research, and it seems my efforts are met with naught.”

Should you wish to investigate me, do so. There is nothing I have to hide. I am still looking tor a cure. Find me if you wish for my aid.”

- Amaya of Venzia

Spoiler

Within the palace, Deia looked over the Queen's shoulder at her invitation, concern evident in the devastated look it wrought. "Your majesty.." she offers at first, seeking to soothe her distress, only for the words on the page to register. "I'm in a what?" she asks the open air. It takes her some time to startle out of it with a shake of her head. "Your majesty, perhaps you might attach the Lord Marshal's report.."

From that dim sunlit room, a Lord Colborn browsed through the daily news. After a moment or two of quiet, that man shook his head lightly.

"That poor woman.."

. . .

"..What possessed her to date Arthur Burke?

Marshals Report #C01 

REPORT: THE PUNISHMENT OF ARTHUR BURKE

dVJwGx9ZZ3vgBD6eSTC-Ll5ri1vvPQrtfYwQmLb1AiUBdV88Z19FduKafTQ_e7ksvwThAJkqtMCuSU1UVN_7LtKXRVYqYngTtQ7tCOjvulx7bBcsNqQV4LH0metC6TsjOSDqjKzxrV50Yl6VkQKPdtoFco4ui99oFMs9s1yOJQeog_ueH_jJyI3gi7Myog

I WOULD HAVE DIED HAD I NOT PERSISTED

Issued by

THE LORD MARSHAL

on this 15th of Wzuvar ag Byvca, 516 E.S.

REPORT TITLE: THE PUNISHMENT OF ARTHUR BURKE

OBJECTIVE: CLARIFY ANY FALSEHOODS

PARTICULARS:

TO THE HOLY SER GERARD AND HOLY ORDER OF ST. JUDE:

It is my full intention to clarify the falsehoods that I can prove to be false in your report. ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DEIA AND ARTHUR BURKE. Former Footman Arthur Burke was reported to me by Miss Deia herself, and Her Royal Majesty, that the disgraced Arthur Burke stalked and harassed the handmaiden on numerous occasion. With many witnesses present, including Ser Garen Baruch who aided me in his punishment, Footman Burke was charged with stalking and harassment, with the punishment being lashings equaling to the number of people present in the room multiplied by the number of incidents he was charged with. In the end, he was sentenced to 42 lashings in the public eye and forbidden to seek out Deia afterwards. Why would a woman who has a supposed relationship with a man also accuse said man of stalking? The claim that they are in a relationship, I have deemed and proven, to be FALSE. If justice is what you seek, then you must do so with the correct, and updated, sources.

End of Report.

Verdier, after many hardships had finally returned to Valdev, baffled by the amount of missives available for her attention and as said to the ones prior, she uttered three words. "What the ****?"

“Oh, that fool.” Juniper hissed aloud at the mention of Arthur.

After a few silent moments of thought, Juniper came to another realization. She took to the aviary to write a bird….