An Open Letter to Canonism

An Open Letter to Canonism

4qql1_HM0tmYwnnEwGKxGz3j-sETyB6xBa5sghwGdmuq314oTSdvi39tPBdAkXfADmgnHPjQaKX9hz2XBSpDwKjM3C0srEpHsMeBF4k2i2IHyrIQo3a9SDq_K6glu2lBSmGAj4pD47w5V25b

The Exile of the Veletzians, 1962

To Brandt Cardinal Albarosa @MadOne, the Clergy at Large, and all those good Canonists of fair Aevos,

It is a well-known fact that this past decade has been of war, of a Covenant of many united to rid the Midlands of Veletz for the League’s suspected conspiratorial interactions with Darkspawn and dragonkin. The result has been just as obvious; the excommunication and displacement of a nation, the murders of dozens, hundreds of innocents and warriors alike, and the attempted annihilation of the Veletzian identity.

Let us make no mistake of it - within this letter I do not defend the vile actions of the worst of Veletz; not even those that were my own kin, Mareno and van Aert alike. In the hastiness of dispatching these foulest of elements, however, the Midlands now finds itself beneath the heel of a far greater sinner than any anathema declaimed by His Holiness.

I ask not that you reinstate the Adrians to their duchy, and less that you allow the reformation of its predecessor in the League. No, I do not ask even that you rescind the banishment of my kin, the casting out of a bloodline to foreign wastes. I ask, instead and only, that you allow for the good Canonists of the Midlands to be freed from the grasp of this Necromancer’s ally.

The High Pontiff, as I understand it, has been known to play favorites; the White Comet, meant to cleanse the Haeseni of any rot that their despoilt king or other dark elements may have created, is made of those very men and women under investigation. Be he Pontiff, King or Man otherwise, however, none stand above the station and charge of GOD himself, nor should they exhort their own will above His.

He has given us an opportunity to enact good in this world once more. I ask only that we do not allow it to pass without action.

With sincere faith and prayers,

Calias Mareno

"The HOLY and INFALIABLE CHURCH may own and operate the MIDDEN, we will bend the knee so long as it is not to the LICH-CONSORT!"

-Grand Marshal, SIR RADMIR MONTALT.

"The plight of my countrymen and homeland only grows by the day and year; shall there be no end to these troubles?" Amelya of Middelan sighed in agreement.

Bishop Villorik sat in the pews of the Basilica, slowly working the fingers of his left palm.

Thick gauze wound his hand from the salted aurum cut he had given himself earlier that day, and his arms ached from his battle with the Godunov spectre.

In truth, he felt himself the outcast, but he minded little. It felt as if he alone knew the Light did not distinguish between the nations of men and who wore what crown.

Veletz, Haense.

In that moment, he truly believed it was his duty to bring the Light to them all.

Jose Fuentes, the esteemed Margrave of Coracoa, believes that the Midlands should follow the teachings of peace before going after someone else!

Hali laughs, throwing another missive in the fire. “I do so love being lectured on evil by a Veletzer. As has been said before, they only turn to ‘faith’ when it benefits them.”

"Frankly, I'd rather cut the heads off both snakes," Prince Marcus remarked upon reading the missive. "If the accusations are true, Aleksandr will receive his dues. But first we stamp out the festering rot that is Veletz, once and for all."

A monk within the Petran monastery knelt and prayed for the good people of Middelan. Vasyl bowed his head, but no words came to him, "GODANISTAN!" Is all he cried out, in hopes of the Lich-King getting expelled.

A Zar'ei reads over the missive, taloned claws tracing each word as she looked towards Haense whilst perched above a nearby tree, cloaked within the shrubbery. "Making deals with devils seems all the rage amongst the human descendants it would seem. With how many men baring titles of pontiff, priest and pope - does the church not know they hide demon spawn within their own walls? children adorned with tails and horns running throughout the palace grounds as if normal... how very curious this red stained nation is attacking Veletz for crimes they too commit.. I wonder when they'll make the journey into our planes infernal siblings of mine." it would say cackling nearly falling off the branches in the midst of it's laughing fit."While Veletz did everything in their power to maim, kill, test and burn the children of Moz, threatening the horned children that dared set foot even a single step within their city. Haense was inviting them inside with open arms, perhaps with the war now over I to should make Haense my home if they are this keen." 

"Purge the heretic. Burn the mutant. In the words of the OWYNSSIAH... Rip and Tear until it is done." The machine priest lit pyres, and ignited censors of incense to dispel evil. "For there are only TWO cures to the sickness of the mutant. The BANISHMENT of the CURSE of IBLIS, and OWYN'S MERCY..."

He turned back to the nearly completed manufactorum. Plans for great guns to be constructed. Larger than any cannon..