A Message to the People

A MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE

The Baron of Verskaya’s message to the people of Haense

YDiwNL6g6u6dRUW5QGs_Q3K6xo-YvysCL_fFjAnDLdbm3dYork6YmqH3rP3v9MT_shGh1AeZDurZofzeUOqz6OB5kCqqES76LIErR-IIaJIUL6qs1ndeFs9B0_ZH4hayc0krcuW3ObyC2f8BkXfGVRk

ISSUED ON THE

15th of Vzmey and Hyff, 516 E.S.

THBTJqTklgoaOeJuBMrg6P-eYyK2rQgKDJbcNfh_zFm69x9Yh7r30mu7XaiWG6mvQldo4D0at1P-ezY-UJeYMI8urtHiBbw6QxsFR7jRWXahtCUGPrI_K7gQvkh4SImTPgtHyOqaMy4ezCna5o7bDjc

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK,

I present to you this message:

We have been faced with a terrible challenge. The Raiders of the North close in, already in the process of slamming down our gates. Our Queen is sick, forced to care for her own wellbeing at last. The scum of Veletz has risen once more, a few dishonourable remnants of a long disgraced and tarnished nation.

And then there's our King. 

You have all read the missives - You have all heard the accusations. There are those who believe, and there are those with intelligence. There are those who quite rightly claim him a man of undeniable honour, and there are those who wrongly say he eats children.

Here is what I say:

WHO CARES?

I was not personally aware that the common man and woman had become the Aengul of Judgement - did this occur whilst I was away, sieging the fortresses of the Raiders? Did everyone suddenly obtain the right and privilege to pass their personal verdict as fact and law?

If that is the case, then allow me to present mine - I don’t give two shits about the words of a Lich. Quite frankly, I believe with not only the Raiders, but the Undead and the Veletzians, we have enough to worry about without speculating on the allegiance of our own people - Our King - who has fought tooth and bloody nail for this nation and its people.

And even if pigs start to fly and our King has betrayed us, how does that even begin to justify hatred towards the Queen? If they were working together, They would BOTH be goneInstead we have a visibly sick Queen and a King unable to show in public - who we have been told is bedridden.

Those who know me know my precarious personal relation with Queen Amaya and her council, but I will be DAMNED before I allow any to even DARE to claim that she is not the People’s Queen. Your Queen. A woman who has defended each and every one of you time and time again, regardless of your character or stance.

And so I ask, in the kindest way I can, that you stop your useless bickering - Cease the baseless insults and accusations you all seem to cling so tightly to, and pick up a damn sword. Our Kingdom is under siege; DEFEND IT.

The Church will root out any corruption lingering in our lands - It is not our place nor concern to search for it ourselves. To do so is to doubt the Church, and to doubt the Church is to doubt GODAN. Have Faith. Trust in our Patriarch, in our Bishop, to eradicate any lingering taint amongst our flock.

Remember: We are Haeseni - we are Warriors of the North and Defenders of Black and Gold. We are the Brotherhood; We are the Common Man, We are the Nobility, and We are the Royalty.

Remain Honest. Remain Steadfast. Remain Loyal.

And for the sake of our Great Nation;

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

THBTJqTklgoaOeJuBMrg6P-eYyK2rQgKDJbcNfh_zFm69x9Yh7r30mu7XaiWG6mvQldo4D0at1P-ezY-UJeYMI8urtHiBbw6QxsFR7jRWXahtCUGPrI_K7gQvkh4SImTPgtHyOqaMy4ezCna5o7bDjc

Signed,

LelSnLzUsEOg-wB3COiF7r7GWJl5N8QZtZaqpHvvL7K4GBNMND9sL7h-TcbnaB9KZZAVNysXXXoyps78966VQ8QKidOF3FBND3bO8Fn4XqkveFpqLAk5WK5llJxUIFDhXk7CrHfqUZm4Qq2xllxCp3k

His Lordship, Anatoliy Ilya Alyovich Godunov, Baron of Verskaya.

5MCCHby5oMHC2LLIRrXBelhPAyUt6BmBsyiVhhgxJv2n1Xugncpyec4gvabGbZ0VzeRbXLY5clCyXg-Y19ele75DpSOW3c5nhq5YU_LWBSmwP2GUFe_ZyPCNCOGWcAjdaqKa56ezByUtX0Js8zjiEvM

Her Ladyship, Poppy Sosina Godunov, Baroness-Consort of Verskaya.

Sermi scanned through the missive, sat alone, hooves swayed as that soft hum kept her from silence. The devil seemed /very/ pleased. A click of her tongue. "...-Keep this up long enough, and you'll be King." she proffered to only herself and the empty room. Alone, she felt no reason to hide the elated curl of her smile. 

This was going to be good. 

"Bazed" Gob Ztabba-Zniffa says, impressed by Ilya's words as he reads the missive to pass time til his duel to the death.
If he lives through this, he'll come and see for himself if the King and Queen of Haense are indeed "nub'dead"or not.
Like St. Sertok, The Twice-Born.

Juniper scrutinized a copy of the missive that had unfortunately fallen into her hands. "How did Aveline fall in love with such a moron?!" She huffed, rolling her eyes. 

The Queen winced as she received another missive - yet, this time, it was not mean-spirited or accusatory. She seemed to expel a sigh of relief, setting out to speak to the Lord.

After all, she sought to fulfill her role as the Queen of the People, as the Lord Godunov so called it. 

Adela Taronitissa, distant relative with the Baron, knit her brows. “I see..” She murmured, uncertain if the Godunov was walking a thin tripwire of treason.

Hali raises a toast in the Numenost Tavern. “At last a voice of truth and reason on this matter. May the Veletzian agitators who wrote the accusations tremble!”

"Someone ought deliver them a box of tissues to wipe away the brown from their noses!" remarked Rhys var Ruthern.