[PK] THE FALLEN PRINCESS

Apotolofo

If the dead could express gratitude, an elf would, towards one of the only allies who had never betrayed him, who had stuck by his side at any turn she could.

Lanre Cerusil had been forgiving, but it is nice to have people you don't need to forgive, too.

Everything was going wrong.

In just a single Elven day, Juniper felt her world crumble. The world she had built up from ashes, and watched burn, and built up again. Everyone she loved was dying. Leaving her. Her boyfriend, her best friend, her children...

"I'm so sorry Scrisa. You were as good to me as you could be. I'm sorry I couldn't love you in the way you wanted me to."

Juniper wept again for two of her closest friends, who both lay dead.

Arthur and Scrisa never got along, though- he held high amounts of respect for her, regardless of if it was returned. Voidstalker to Voidstalker. He poured one out for her, using his Atronach arm- the prosthetic he had because of her.

That damned, weeping Watcher stared at Scrisa as she drew her last, blood-stained breath. A ward of a dear friend, and someone he himself had cherished. He tried, he so believed - to keep her away, to prevent it. He told those with him to lower their weapons, to allow her to grieve, and yet-

For all he was, for all his might, he could not stop it. And so another part of his Heart died with her - for he knew in the very end:

She was right. She did not deserve this.

And so he wept in private, and prayed to what he did not believe in - not for forgiveness, but mercy upon the one who deserved it above all else.

Spoiler

Wow I haven't felt this emotional with a PK in a long time. Wonderfully written, Scrisa will be missed!

sobbingsobbingsobbingsobbing

There is pain buried deep in Kiva's heart. Pain that has always been there, that they do not acknowledge, because it is pain that will tear them apart. 

They were alone for so long. It was all they knew. It was all they came to expect. But people changed that. People they cared for deeply.

Barnabas. Dimitri. Atticus. Scrisa.

They never knew what Scrisa did. The murders, the crime. They just knew Scrisa was one that saw potential in them. Who offered to teach them with little hesitation.

"...There is a hollowness inside."

Kiva found out about Lanre and Scrisa one after the other, from one man who did not want to let them hope for a response to a letter that would never be. 

Dear Scrisa,

I have heard about the dangerous situation with [   ]. I truly hope for you to be safe. We have not spoken recently, but I care for you very much. You are my friend, and my mentor.

What else would they have written? Does it matter?

There is no body that they have seen, but they know, they know she is gone. 

Instead, they begin to mentally draft another letter.

Dear Numeon...

An ancient, rotting, old Imperial Captain lay deep in some dank catacomb - sunken eyes staring at the altar ahead, fanged maw twisted into a frown. She recalled Scrisa, and their gambits together; in the maleficar's better years, she regarded Juniper & Scrisa both as family. No correspondence, decades later, and the Orenian had come to forget much of their interactions. Dame Viktoriya would ebb back into eternal slumber, none the wiser of Scrisa's supposedly, true death.

The distant tides of the dead clambered into the psyche of the Farscryer, clawing and wailing to be given second chance. 

Some where aimless, mindless in their desire to live

Others called from the distant realm, seeking that which had brought them deep below, a death in return. 

Yet all such pleas' where ignored, for only the pitiful pleas' of those that sought proper power came to be heard

A meeting was made, whispers upon the wind, as the Crows Court came to plan. A sole question would come to be asked, an offer granted, to the helpless and wishful. 

"Care to make a Deal with a Delmar?"

Jon Snowell paced the church in Lurin, his mind darting every which way as he pondered the news that had reached his ears. Wondering if there was something that could have been done, those many years ago, when her family was once whole, that would have led her from this outcome.

But the answers never appeared.

And thus he pondered, thoughts of every wrong step flashing in his mind, as the candles burnt low around him.

((im bad at writing))

Being approached and told by none other than Juniper Rose, was the dark elven finally informed - informed of this death, and another. Informed of a new chapter in this book of hers, whether it be for bad or for worse. Her head carried downward in shame, with her palms raising upwards to pinch the bridge of her nose. Her expression scrunched in frustration - then sorrow - then, a mere expression of guilt. 

Death comes in so many ways, whether it be yourself or a friend - but why did it have to be Scrisa?

``I, Dasyra, should have been there.``

Somewhere in peaceful retirement an aged elfess with mixed hair of ginger and silver reflected on the past. She had heard of the ker’s death three days prior, isolating herself to a strict routine of fishing in the lakes of Petra and drinking a variety of wine. 

However, one hopeful morning of fishing was rather quiet and she a thumb brushed along the underneathe of her eyes it was coated in moisture as evidence of her mourning. 

Word had reached Valindra, despite the secrecy surrounding the death of Scrisa. Words echoed in her mind, a promise made to Scrisa's mother, her best friend Ruina before her soul was torn asunder by the Voidal Hollow of Ando Alur.

"I will watch over your children. I swear it."

There came a sharp twitch of her frame, a choir of sobs quietly erupting from the fennic renegade's lips. Tears rolled freely down her cheeks in quite possibly the first show of genuine sorrow in decades. At first, she'd blame herself, undoubtedly, for in her mind Scrisa was still a helpless child in need of protecting.  She had failed. 

"... You've forced my hand, girl." 

That mali hissed out with a slow shake of her head. Her words carrying a cold bite seldom used against those she truly cared for.

"All you had to do... was let her die."