Necromancy Nerfs/Clarifications and Archlich Love (ERP edition)

Corpsecrafting:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/186818-magic-lore-necromantic-corpsecrafting/

Subsection: Fleshsmithing

Proposed Flesh Golem redlines: 

- A Flesh Golem may be instantly defeated by either crushing or removing their head, [2] heavy swings sufficing enough to sever their head or crush their skull.

- Due to their embalment, a Flesh Golem’s dead flesh is easily flammable. If a Golem is hit with a continuous stream of fire, they must have said flames extinguished (Either by rolling around, water or other means). Should it not be extinguished after [4] consecutive emotes, they’ll wither away into ash. It takes [2] emotes to extinguish or [1] emotes with assistance.

- If their flesh is struck by Aurum, the Golem would be stunned for [2] emotes, the lifeforce within them destabilized. This has a cooldown of [3] emotes to prevent stunlock.

Subsection: Reanimation

Proposed Reanimation redline:

- A reanimation may be instantly defeated by either crushing or removing their head, [2] heavy swings sufficing enough to sever their head or crush their skull.

- Due to their embalment, a reanimation’s dead flesh is easily flammable. If a reanimation is hit with a continuous stream of fire, they must have said flames extinguished. (Either by rolling around, water or other means.) Should it not be extinguished after [3] consecutive emotes, they’ll wither away into ash. It takes [2] emotes to extinguish or [1] emote with assistance.

- If their flesh is struck by Aurum, the reanimation would be stunned for [1] emote, the lifeforce animating them destabilized. This has a cooldown of [2] emotes to prevent stunlock.

Proposed Oculi redline: 

- An oculi cannot be a worn and must held.

- Due to their fragile nature, an oculi would break with [1] strike.

- If a necromancer’s speech is impaired, they are incapable of commanding their reanimations.

- An oculi may be no harder to knock out of your hand than a book would be.

Thaumaturgy:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/186820-magic-lore-necromantic-thaumaturgy/

General Redlines: 

Proposed addition: 

- Both Black Sacraments and Rituals must be taught adequately in roleplay, merely participating is useless in replicating necromancy’s chaotic processes.

Subsection: Rituals

Proposed Rite of Sealing redlines:

- A signed Tomb cannot be placed behind more than (3) iron doors or (1) mechanical redstone door and able to be accessed mechanically.

Archlich addition:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/186821-ca-races-necromantic-simulacra/

Proposed ability: 

Corpse Courier: 

Given access to a long deceased corpse, an Archlich may impart a portion of their lifeforce after [3] emotes, creating a means of communication and a level of separation between them and their lessers. They may inhabit this corpse to speak through when brought before a Heith-Hedran, requiring [3] emotes.

Redlines:

- An Archlich may commune through a corpse, either placed or left, so long as they know of they corpse they wish to speak through.

- An Archlich may have up to [3] corpses which they may commune with, each requiring ST signature.

- Once placed, a corpse cannot move and when communed with, their sight is hazy and warped, unable to make out faces or people although able to clearly hear their voices.

- When communing with a corpse, the Archlich must be before an ST signed Heith-Hedran, where they will fall into a stupor, entirely focused on their conversation.

- All communications are done through /msg.

- If combat were to ensue on either end, the Archlich would be snapped back to reality, stunned for [1] emote.

- This may not be used to temporarily take over other undead, i.e. Ghouls, Darkstalkers, Draugar, Archliches. Their bodies already possessed.

- This may not be used as a means to rally forces such as a bird, only serving as a communion between an Archlich and its servants.

- The corpse may be destroyed by crushing the skull of the cadaver.

- The corpse used must be a slain player's.

lector gashadokuro

Swap the name of this to clarification on how necromancy already works and you got it G 

(with some minor changes)

(I lied before... there's major changes now)

Depending on how large the flames are, golems shouldn't take 3 emotes to extinguish + it can be easily spammed (via mundane torches, matches, etc). Same /w reanimations

For occuli, restricting them 2 solely hand-held objects is silly- ST have allowed worn objects so long as they're able to be torn off the same way (i.e. flimsy chain)- in many cases it's easier than trying to take something that's being grappled (and I also dont want 2 redo my cool glass jewelry). As long as necros accept the risk of ppl just being able to yank their occuli off it shuld be otherwise fine

Honestly in agreement with tree here, I see no reason that Oculi can't be jewelry or some form of 'clothing'. Like a helm or crown, something that can be easily targeted or torn off. 

Otherwise, looks fine, ig. 

1 hour ago, Damnit_Delmar said:

Honestly in agreement with tree here, I see no reason that Oculi can't be jewelry or some form of 'clothing'. Like a helm or crown, something that can be easily targeted or torn off. 

Otherwise, looks fine, ig. 

1 hour ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Depending on how large the flames are, golems shouldn't take 3 emotes to extinguish + it can be easily spammed (via mundane torches, matches, etc). Same /w reanimations

For occuli, restricting them 2 solely hand-held objects is silly- ST have allowed worn objects so long as they're able to be torn off the same way (i.e. flimsy chain)- in many cases it's easier than trying to take something that's being grappled (and I also dont want 2 redo my cool glass jewelry). As long as necros accept the risk of ppl just being able to yank their occuli off it shuld be otherwise fine

In considering your feedback, I've added more nerfs. Thank you for your timeSkeletons Skeleton Dance Sticker - Skeletons Skeleton dance - Discover &  Share GIFs

doesnt stunning the constructs literally cancel what null arcana does? like whats the point of making a pre-existing potion in lore if you can just use aurum

8 minutes ago, TheNerdocalypse said:

doesnt stunning the constructs literally cancel what null arcana does? like whats the point of making a pre-existing potion in lore if you can just use aurum

To give the average noob the ability to combat an invisible NPC monster the size of an Olog

1 minute ago, femurlord said:

To give the average noob the ability to combat an invisible NPC monster the size of an Olog

nooo! I demand to bully the randoms with my magic, how dare you give them an ability to counter me, making my CRP sessions more than just a waste of time for the other person! waaa!!!

3 hours ago, femurlord said:

- If their flesh is struck by Aurum, the reanimation would be stunned for [1] emote, the lifeforce animating them destabilized

Add a cool down to this I suggest so it isn’t chained unless it is meant to be 

Edited by Turbo_Dog

I only looked at this for the erp and there wasn’t any I got clickbaited 

investing in necromancy stocks..

Nerf necro because it’s dangerous!