Two emote bows?

SimplySeo

How many emotes should it take to use a bow in CRP  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Emote count

I concur with Satinkira. Two Emotes for Bows and Three for Crossbows simply makes sense, anyways. I could three emotes for NORMAL bows if we had like, special alchemical arrows or something. 

it should be 3 to do a first attack, as drawing a bow should be an emote, like connecting to magic. But all attacks after should be 2 emotes as if connected to a magic.

5 minutes ago, TheNerdocalypse said:

it should be 3 to do a first attack, as drawing a bow should be an emote, like connecting to magic. But all attacks after should be 2 emotes as if connected to a magic.

I don't hate this idea

Bows are 3? Thats a bit excessive imo. I think bows should be 2 as theyre relatively easy to load and fire IRL, if ure slightly adept at them obviously and as long as its not a longbow. Atleast thats what I think. Maybe 3 as someone else said if ure loading ur bow with something special that isnt a normal arrow and crossbows should definetly be 3

Edit: Ive only used bows ever in times its been allowed to be 2 and found it enjoyable, never got told to use it as 3 before, never knew this lol

Edited by Baccaaa

I'd argue that lowering the bar to two emotes for archery is only the first step to fixing the sheer power gap between archery and other far more structured range systems BUT it's a good first step. As it stands, characters are practically born with armor on anyways so there's no point in having some poor longbowman stand far away from the action AND have to waste 3 emotes to a potentially useless action. 

>can carry an infinite quiver of arrows irp or however many u can carry in ur inv
>no rules that say you need irp archery experience in order to have accuracy (anyone can decide to be legolas whenever it's convenient to)
>not a lot of rules in general surrounding ranged combat, let alone bows

3 emotes is fine archers are NOT an oppressed class

edit: I voted for the wrong response **** you

I think 3 emotes is fine for bows. You have the advantage of being at range. You also then have the problem of a lot of different magic's base projectiles being 'arrow strength' and taking three emotes as well. What about those? Do you want those to be two-emote? I think a lot of non-magic RPers would be up in arms about being two-emote ice projectiled over and and over.

Amendment: 3 for the first 2 for anything after might be fine, because that is unironically also how void mages work. I didn't read anything else before commenting 🙂

1 minute ago, Unwillingly said:

>can carry an infinite quiver of arrows irp or however many u can carry in ur inv
>no rules that say you need irp archery experience in order to have accuracy (anyone can decide to be legolas whenever it's convenient to)
>not a lot of rules in general surrounding ranged combat, let alone bows

3 emotes is fine archers are NOT an oppressed class

1. Infinite arrows doesn't mean much when you're going to get 1 maybe 2 shots off before getting pulled into melee

2. Same applies to throwing weapons, crossbows, ******* ninja stars, and every other type of ranged weapon.

3. As is the general rule of 'roll and if its high ur prolly getting hit' has worked out well enough

Let my people (aragorn larpers) go

I’ve buffed my BSK goon nest with a Templar banner and a Paladin enchant! Gashadokuro can never get past my choke point covered by a pair of archers with two-emote bows!

Wait, he’s right behind me, isn’t he? 

lo2yLLu.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Deer__ said:

I think 3 emotes is fine for bows. You have the advantage of being at range. You also then have the problem of a lot of different magic's base projectiles being 'arrow strength' and taking three emotes as well. What about those? Do you want those to be two-emote? I think a lot of non-magic RPers would be up in arms about being two-emote ice projectiled over and and over.

I mean if its arrow strength then sure.

Templar is the only magic I've ever rlly had, besides that, I was one of those full-plate wearing non-magic RPers, archers were and are a non-threat because by the time they were able to get their shot off I was already either 1. Using a shield, 2. Behind cover, or 3, already in melee range of them or thejr buddy.

I would suppose the same applies to spells that are just magic arrows, especially if its a roll to hit.

Just now, Benleft said:

I’ve buffed my BSK goon nest with a Templar banner and a Paladin enchant! Gashadokuro can never get past my choke point covered by a pair of archers with two-emote bows!

lo2yLLu.jpeg

So true

14 minutes ago, SimplySeo said:

1. Infinite arrows doesn't mean much when you're going to get 1 maybe 2 shots off before getting pulled into melee

2. Same applies to throwing weapons, crossbows, ******* ninja stars, and every other type of ranged weapon.

3. As is the general rule of 'roll and if its high ur prolly getting hit' has worked out well enough

Let my people (aragorn larpers) go

1. yes obviously if you are trying to use a RANGED weapon in a MELEE ground encounter you're not gonna be able to get many shots off. go somewhere ranged if you want to get more than a couple arrow hits. for example nevaehlen killed me fair and square once because they used bows the right way and stood on their walls and arrow spammed my inferis to death once. it's annoying but it worked, but for some reason people will stand in like a 10x10 isolated CRP encounter and complain that they can only get a couple of shots off before being attacked

2. correct, I'm also an advocate for balancing all types of ranged weaponry as well

3. people do this out of good faith, not by any enforced rule. this is also means that, considering there's no limit on how many arrows u can carry, you can just keep shooting until you roll a 20/20 and there's no real method or risk because you never have to worry about running out. u ever read hunger games bro?? katniss always worries about her arrow count!!! be like katniss!!!

I would prefer if it stays three because I have Disjointed Conjuration which means I can shoot projectiles in two emotes after connection. If everyone gets to shoot bows at 2, then my relative power compared to everyone else decreases.

Edited by Epicethan4