Two emote bows?

SimplySeo

How many emotes should it take to use a bow in CRP  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Emote count

There's a whole document on all the emotes and how long it takes to fire whichever weapon

Honestly surprised how little people have seen this post

Should probably be updated if this vote goes anywhere

thats mean you hotta change all the ranged magic spells...

edit: I was not aware they didnt work like ranged spells. Make it like Nerd said

would be cool, people can argue u have range as an advantage but what u going to do when i come running at u with my tower shield? U die. XD - every time I used a bow in crp I regret it as I am forced to do 3 emotes instead of 2!  RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!! 

Yes, 2 emote bows
Look forward to my archery FA post, whenever I get a chance to write it.

Edit: After skimming through a handful of words from other people, 3 emotes to prepare the first shot and then 2 for every shot after sounds fine (and was going to be a main point of the feat I wanted to submit anyway)

My current character I've played for a bit over a year being almost purely archer I've done some cool stuff with the current limitations, but I don't think I've met any other persona that uses primarily archery, so it might be cool if they were made less boring to play so there's more people who pick up archery.

For anyone complaining about "muh magic", consider that using magic to fire projectiles is a handicap you chose for yourself and that you have plenty of other powergame abilities to use.

I think it would be cool if archery wasn't so roll-dependent as well. Spending three turns to miss an extremely easy shot for no reason feels terrible. I like that the recurve bow has a range at which it is guaranteed to hit, and I think more ranged options should be included (granted the character should actually have the skill to do so).
I would even accept that longbow stays three turns to use but has a farther guaranteed hit range.

Anyone interested in my fringe radical extremist concepts on how to fix the CRP system is welcome to message me. (Melee FA, ranged FA, etc. to require personas to actually learn irp and gain some small buffs based on it, and thus setting more solid rules for what people can do in CRP.)

Edited by ichigomaster98
I explain in my message why I have edited.

Honestly we should do 2-emote bows, we can complain about it but let's be honest - magic users have much more OP emotes that they can do once they get connected within or under 2 emotes, which most magic users are able to do IRP outside of combat before combat begins. This is honestly the bare minimum we can do in terms of magi/mundane balance.

11 hours ago, SimplySeo said:

Idk what that is but ur a wizard just shoot a fireball (I have no rebuttal for this idk anything abt magic. Are your projectiles arrow strength?)

Its not like people are going out of their way to be in melee range, but even if you're a fair distance away a foot combatant can cover most if not all of that distance in three turns. 2 dashes and a movement/action is 20 blocks, thats just a dude on foot. Bows theoretically have a long range yeah, but outside of events RP doesn't occur at that distance

2. Fair

3. I didn't read hunger games and katniss is a dumb name. Let people be Legolas, or, if it matters that much, put a restriction on how many arrows a person can carry on the armaments page, like how a character can only carry three potions, say ten or so arrows in a quiver or something. Though again I don't think CRP lasts long enough for running out of arrows to be a concern.

Depends on what you use as a projectile. I use a Minotaur horn. The power to shoot a projectile in 2 emotes while the rest of the suckers are stuck on 3 is truly epic. But seriously, bows should probably take 2 emotes.

Yeah unfortunately this totally fucks the pace of everything lmao. While I personally would love if the entire system was changed like Noobman said, and I agree bows aren't what they should be, it's likely not happening. If you can knock, fire a bow, the server changes dramatically.

This is another common problem I believe would be solved by roll modifiers👍 the solution to literally everything.

People say its too complicated and gamey, I don't think it'd be a big deal, and I'd rather anything but the mechanical stagnation we have now.

because no dwarves suffer from this issue (we dont use bows) and primarily elves suffer from this issue i am gonna say keep it 3 emotes

2 hours ago, z3m0s said:

Yeah unfortunately this totally fucks the pace of everything lmao. While I personally would love if the entire system was changed like Noobman said, and I agree bows aren't what they should be, it's likely not happening. If you can knock, fire a bow, the server changes dramatically.

This is another common problem I believe would be solved by roll modifiers1f44d.png the solution to literally everything.

People say its too complicated and gamey, I don't think it'd be a big deal, and I'd rather anything but the mechanical stagnation we have now.

100%, Its been said time and time again, we NEED a proper roll system for roll based CRP that actually takes into account character focus', etc

Relying on pure RNG isnt really nuanced as its incredibly swingy and doesn't take into account any character details.

Likewise it would also make CRP more reliable/quick in terms of conflict resolution, rather then having to go with just PVP or sitting through a 5 hr CRP session of "erhm aktually!111 ur sword is stopped by my morbillion layers of armour!!11111"

i agree with this completely, as someone who enjoys to use a bow in crp but doesnt stay and a 40 block distance it always feels as though my arrows are much less useful than just having someone with a sword, not to mention that arrows arent that powerful if the target is armoured. I understand why some people think 3 is fine but i urge you to try crp as a archer for a week and see if you change your mind.

+1 good take