Claws of Consequence

TimberBuff

A Haelunorian Councilor hit the bottles tonight. She didn't understand the way of the Magi, for they were all the same. They'd tell you stop or they'll kill you, but they'd never actually pull up.

Somewhere, deep in a hidden place of worship; one of those hounds stirred. Sermi drew the whetstone across the length of her blade, a check of equipment. She hadn't bothered to repair the damage to her chain that Villorik caused. She had not even cleaned the blood off her breastplate. Slowly, they stood up; adjusting the belt of potions that sat across their chest.

Yera had one year. Others were not as lucky. Work called, once more; and she would always answer. Both the Fox, and the Wolf. The hunters on her heels only made her feel alive. Dancing on the lines of life, and death. Complacency would never do. Not for her. A small prayer uttered, under the Devils breath.

To the Dark Star. To her Lord. To Chaos, and Calamity itself.

They would all burn.

"Gasp, another demon annoyed I'm routing out demons and getting upset publicly about it. Just release whatever made-up stuff you think you have. My hands are clean, anyone that does some basic investigation won't be fooled by your lies.

I'm not chasing you, I'm just living my life and keeping your stain out of my backyard."

Yera responds, sending back a letter.

Ilaria gulps.  She contemplates her tattoo parlor harder.

Far beyond the night sky, in a particularly primordial cluster of starlight and dust - a mind wandered and reflected.

The Watcher had been disinvolved for some time, mostly of his own choice. The affairs of demons and claimed not-demons grew tiring to keep track of, since a poor attempt at a bounty was issued out from a greedy town.

It had been some time since he had heard of the White Cat, though - and as its writing came across his view hours prior, it gave him enough to reflect upon admist unseen depths.

A passing thought granted him some semblance of solace - those who had always clung to his name had always been struck by misfortune severe, a curse he had no say over since it had been inflicted upon him. Some occurrences of ill-fated luck simply had proven to be more tolerable then others.

A mage sat, pen tapping against paper. Long had she tried to stay out of that of the vassal-state. 

Though long did the mage grow tired of the whispers in her ears. She stares at the jarred head on her desk.

Anatoliy glanced to the missive, and laughed. "Is she stupid? To write words instead of perform actions- I can't believe the infamous White Cat, is scared of us.. Keep writing, great aunt, but perhaps write a will instead?"

Razad , leader of Mages, could not help but feel vindicated at this long known understanding "Though it is regrettable she has any association as a mage, her reputation continues to bring harm to all mages by these associations....."

"Right," Noted a priest who gave himself the name Father Monfort. "Darkspawn threatening to uncover the evil. Da... that makes sense. Surely, they must speak truth!" He jested before storing the missive in his priestly robes.