[✗] [Naztherak Amendment] Make War not Love.

_Leyd

one million naztherak children must die

R2rsyWFl-J103ahC5K4_O-b_AJg2D1_vE55jdOD6wPJdHFvH1oJCfy-qNr9_gHOzbgwixbqbqjXpwwRXkLLAi9uBeeiY0zTiXaw7r5xuoQjzgkkbUav6UZ1Gdc6k2ry614aeYMBoXQecGT5wGoR0_So

I genuinely don’t understand the point of this one. CA’s and certain MA’s make sense. This is just ludicrous.

image.png.8ea60e4ec0a66871193762a21c4cd43d.png

don’t have a dog in the fight, but redlining romance RP is notoriously hard to enforce. I think promoting good rp, of which sensible/lore-abiding romance may or may not be a part of it, is a bit of a better model. people don’t react well when their avenues of rp are closed off, but social reinforcement can often work 

and if it’s a case where it’s a circle of EVERYONE doing it, neglecting their CA/MA’s core purpose in the process, then that actually does become a staff issue along the lines of de facto inactivity 

add this pls it makes sense

dont play a demon guy if u want to romance

This just seems like some silly vigilante stuff.

Obviously any "romance RP" that goes beyond a general narrative context for your character (i.e., 'this person is my spouse which dictates how I interact with them' (good) vs. RPing in a locked castle bedroom in #w for 3 hours (bad)) is weird and can/should be punished as a matter of safety. Relationships (both platonic and otherwise) are often what makes a character nuance/relatable/interesting - I find the argument of "well you shouldn't play a dark CA unless you're going to be cardboard cut-out villain" because without this nuance (which can, but does not exclusively, come from their relationships) is just silly; you're still playing a character. If your character's only traits are "rawr i'm an evil demon" then your character probably sucks.

-1 As an Inferi player I find it vital to proper demon RP, that I must watch my Warlock do Romance RP for two hours in a corner room while I just stand there on guard. 

@femurlord

I feel like ppl are a bit too much on the nose of banning any form of romance from magics. I think some CA's are more conceptually appropriate for these - while some should have entirely distinct forms of relationship that fit both culture and nature. I don't see it necessary to bar it from naztherak. However some of the statements expressed here are alarming to me.

What I find laudable are the people that would prefer to be disconnected from a magic than lose their ability to romance/ftb. Taking on something like necromancy or naztherak should be a heavy decision, integral to your character because it alters mind, body, and ultimately - the very soul itself. If you consider that the ability for your character to find a partner is more important than the soul-altering, demonic magic they took on, then you may wish to revise your outlook on roleplay. I know for a fact that when FTB'ing was banned on necromancy quite a few people sought out disconnection. Fine, but why is that your true priority when faced with that decision?

What I mean is that magic (especially something like Naz) shouldn't be something to be easily taken and cast away, but a serious decision with very real emotional, psychological, physical - and spiritual consequences, and I'm afraid that some people might take it a bit too lightly in retrospect. 

This lore has been denied. 

Were this type of roleplay disallowed on the server it would be disallowed. While other lores are more fundamental on changing of a characters both figuratively and literally (Such as Liches, Siliti, etc.), Naztherak does retain a fundamental amount of humanity within mental effects that draw people away from it. If your concern comes from people not roleplaying the mental effects correctly, I'd consider looking more internally given the relationships (quoted as "Platonic" marriages) between characters within your own group, as example. 

Theres plenty of opportunity for manipulation, insider knowledge, and power grab that inherently comes from relationships, particularly ones in a more onesided manner as Naz may be more inclined to lead.

Even from the teams review, and the reasoning on this thread, I can find few people who advocate for the amendment, and fewer who have reasoning beyond "I dont want romance RP on the server". 

Thank you for your submission in any case, take it easy.