To Those of The Nichi-Jin Temple

Spoiler

bC7nIgLVc7nXXw4nNv1JNe0_sC8BMz1hP5SGNpwXehJhOSx8jD6iqg6P4Ufm-mqamHvSmrCG3U2bEbkuTbbTSZxuWeQknavU97A2kRh2-CZG0Y1cCnL8Bung6dMWmEvmLNb8CsWZWMDF-hTsc3HOigU

oIn3jahyrjMqr-KUi07fqsBk3BAkdwKHtQdtFrmCrY1mLxZ4w0JnyZ4SaerpGCv8-_Wbp5qEJhT_Xg9sW7agZu-Mp6he_j_lLRmUxLkCB2SCH6jhv3ve4CAXDzjRJC_Ej5ohBNlvq-5w6Kakv3IaeOk

A depiction of The Nichi-Jin Temple

G4WgAhSPasSIf5uDv2YATHqGyfEa1n5lT1FvtYn3PTFbBlbAE4dFpyZTGR14J_XU6QtU-wMY846UH_jeIDk42N_kNrQVpNHQKMl-m268KLPG2F7E5raAXWKaisOSaIf8c6fNaNEEqArGpbRvOw_4CBU

To the ‘people’ of Nichi-Jin Temple. It should always be the goal to grow as strong as possible and climb the ladder - I suspect this is knowledge that you know to be true. In nature the key to growth is to consume, be it resources or others. It is for this reason that I - R E N - have consumed all of your forbidden shrines and pools in the name of The Goat.

I am sure it will not be long before you rebuild, and I can only hope that you set them out in the open once more so that whenever a hungry goat wanders by, they may consume all that is around. It is The Goat’s right to consume what he wishes, after all.

However, I am aware that life is not all take, and so I have graciously decided to leave you some gifts. In your temple I have left you many artworks of The Goat so that you may be set upon the correct path in life, and so you do not misinterpret His image.

To those unrelated to The Temple, but who still hide from or oppose me, know this. I am ever closer to knowing where you are, what you look like, and your names. When there is uncertainty in the shadows at night, know that it is I - R E N - and my associates, merely waiting to strike. Your time runs ever lower.

17ast1ymHxVECYMZAJOvPFJxILKXFtjwzhOI3giGlG2yTtwNzVsINMy-GecbxxvjIJ7GIe4-FCKGdFKE0eIIg5ZeL1E6pQ95PPenyB26KeNVThj-iLfERQwapn-QJe9VAU8xOzMXeDRQQ8TFEBGb8H8

A singular drawing of a goat's head was left as the signature.

pmrY5ysuIl7DsHpbK7bBxml3UCFamWEs9j7nw0I_n2YRL8a1oXrObHULgjgE3sXAJYAvtvLVwEZbAmZ0_usgS9Mol8T1FYFIFs6lUNpZ9CAmAvz5ms8oeMgXnpmLekrNr3p4dFFEytwRqTjTcg3UwIE

The village already has a GOAT. Nezumi flexed her arms and went back to training so she may one day defeat Kani Hanma.

Bor of Hazum, Voice of Mugmar read over the missive, raising a brow as a metallic jaw clanged open "Bor thunk taht tis Goat ahm exactleh waht eht sounds loike - Loivestock readeh fer teh Baggis ohr Stew, HO-HAR-HO!" chuckled the Hill Giant Warlord and Spiritual Leader from within the Hazum Encampment, the lumbering fellow going to tend to his mammoth herd soon after, offering one of them a small loaf of Goat-Baggis, and strangely, the elephantine beast consumed it with great joy, an omen of victory perhaps, thought Bor. . .

"Waging war against good people is bad for the soul." Quoted Takemura, as he looked over the destroyed LIGHTSTONE nodes.

The Red Lich, Gashadokuro, himself saw this. A fire burns in the dead's stomach, whispers addling his hollow skull. The Oni-Lich took this as an insult, as opposition seeking to take his territory. "Invasion.. turns.. North.." Behind this hulking monster of an Archlich, a hellgate bled sinister lights.

ijVjqkHTBHXTRnDWh8R5X-lw3McUOdybhAyIZ_1G8UVe9inCD41Fo9pf-C_4tG2AcYUk2oixJwDZkFQRWIOE_yyDCxXO0kZQNSw5y27urYFO92OIJ50rgqDpvhJA19qBVNL5n-2JLGtMtPlhycxZzr4

[!] A letter is returned posthaste!

Yagi-Jin;

I am pleased that you have found the Temple’s amenities acceptable; yet still, it is foolish to claim that a man, or structure, might lay claim ownership to any such thing. No man may force the blossoming of sweet fruit - He may only aid in its cultivation. And so it is that I may only aid in the cultivation of the Temple’s good will and pleasant aesthetic, regardless of what state it finds itself in.

I thus pose a question: Is the undoing of cultivation, truly, a display of strength? The act of striking at stationary forms can be accomplished by a falling branch, or the rumbling of the earth. Yet still, these things are incapable of associating such an action as a display of strength - the act is devoid of this meaning. 

We of Nichi-Jin are sympathetic to your yearnings. It is a miserable thing to seek strength, yet be so misguided by desire that you need to destroy to be seen; it is a childish thing. If you wish to be heard, I have heard you, and I shall aid you in mastering what it means to be truly strong. 

As you are undoubtedly aware, you may find our people at Nichi-Jin. I would venture to Hallowcliffe to bestow my blessings, but those Voidally-inclined men have rendered you EVICT.

I shall also provide the names and summaries of those who reside within Nichi-Jin, so that you need not feel lonely. Should you insist that your strength is strength, this information shall aid you in showing it in person!

-QNs1GpdO5hXmXFS7OZM1pI12iR64g2Cn9qdTJ8HZdQpBjlJPmcIvqwXrWEJNt5f1nmPj5XmyH7GnwacCUOdCrRy-rW-SE3r-y68AfujxiW4Fn3vsA2l6UM8EOSeZdPbJGdk2xaf39QaihGt2ybZup4

Ugokoyama Danzen

The former Arch-Lector, Danzen is the author of the Bestia Conlectia and the Ars Bellica In retirement, Danzen has undertaken the role of Jūshoku of Nichi-Jin, with the charge of aiding the countless beings in tempering their souls in the pursuit of SOLACE.

1Uaph-7x70lwY7hrtO-Y1TuWgcTAqyO4kPlm1TiGKbkrJS0Zpc2E87A49T7qKb53Gnzq9kbdq-dfqh_7TkXlXeAb2tgXMjz4nsdyAjXdbQkgdFGyT01rB49ODeneGk__o5zSFAFWZE_jehu2fF3h9hQ

Ugokoyama Keiko

The current GOAT of Koyo-Kuni and adopted daughter of Danzen, Keiko is the well respected Shrine Maiden and caretaker of the country. Recently she has taken to sparring with countless, pretty strong enemies to attain her center. It is said she can carry ten jugs of water at once.

H8fYt9Raqyfi5ib5AM6ruCr14laRqNHXNrzrhsfPykAVbwCg-682Aazem1EHgIMzJQwIwp8-fopyM_io8__vqi08vRoOcWeypcDTzoVj96u_3XTRPvAxe2U-6sC_5rZHWRkoTDNfXeJwURJQX0IqVaA

Ugokoyama Kintaro

The automaton son of Danzen, Kintaro is the GREATEST HERO to ever live. Though soulless, Kintaro possesses far more SOUL than any man. He glistens beneath the Koyo-Kuni Sun per his well oiled joints and polished chassis. It is said that he has slain over two evildoers.

0RbK-X94FxwTlKzx-9kZkBlacNuHPQJsS5Xv_4AMNbLHVPuBQPZh0GKVDCmShO1m1ioUOo2-qWPndOS_yoGZF9DFYmmFRFnv_BFuYMF3Jt5DKQqo44jvAGyKVAGvGGMhSDA4tl2OnB-wqSgJ-f6e9tI

Sen

A Paladin of a bygone age, Sen has come to Danzen in search of a new way. Finding refuge within the confines of Nichi-Jin, Sen yearns to lead his Paladins in such a way that might accrue the most Merit and Goodwill, rather than the coveting of glory and ego.

nYoe6skFmyS-9oFtpHxjUMpxSIlJmDajdvYfJIL8BHPr96hoWgP1gLykx2YEusP3FSdbkwBiq5_aDcztqPBQz2KY6Mrnl5b_QH1OKr3HyUz4jzLX8i1h7JM1DrmStwZMgHTTkneLnq14UnjRGpvjqCU

Richard

A Paladin of Othaman lineage, Richard has proved himself a noble warrior throughout the many conflicts that he has found himself in. Though perhaps a bit antique in his views, Richard’s heart is great and vast, and would just as easily hug you as chop you down!

Should you wish to speak with an audience, I have also developed an automaton device known as a “microphone” which may amplify your voice. I implore you to speak into it.

p0He-HCCJe1TUbimluzBAQdSb0mwDN3hgssuO3-CdO_hos0GIW1hnMRoQ76YVxdHvQ8FnT2iam0F681nClpUrs3q2tNBSA8yiCOYw2kn4n7I5bCYocJqVeID9J0kjOgSBN3pBJooINCu8cWyVgFA1Vk

ijVjqkHTBHXTRnDWh8R5X-lw3McUOdybhAyIZ_1G8UVe9inCD41Fo9pf-C_4tG2AcYUk2oixJwDZkFQRWIOE_yyDCxXO0kZQNSw5y27urYFO92OIJ50rgqDpvhJA19qBVNL5n-2JLGtMtPlhycxZzr4

Jeffrey de Wees of the western wind temple overheard the chatter of his pupils on the news of the GOAT. Intensifying his kani training on his mu ren zhuang 

bruce-lee-dummy.jpg

Botsugo, the Grey Oni and disciple of the Yasu-Tori mused over the missive.

"Dat depiction is very hoshoi!" 

He complimented the drawing.

Long ago amidst the fields outside of the Jade State, a military dictator remembered the images of the crying goat surrounded by occultist iconography and how potent power had been offered to that long lost friend who camped in those fields.

”Souka, they must think they’re in Yopinawa kakakaka!”