[POLL] Armour & Ranged Weaponry.

xMuted

Should people wearing full armour be slower in CRP?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Should people wearing full-armour be slower in CRP? (For example, full sprinting reduced to SIX blocks of movement.)

2. 2. Should there be more significant drawbacks to wearing full armour to allow for non-magical ranged opponents to do more during CRP?

3. 3. Should bows or ranged weapons have a reduction to the amount of emotes necessary to fire?

Answer the damn questions & explain why.

people barely adhere to currently existing CRP rules (for valid reasons) so I don't anticipate people would be willing to adhere to even more CRP rules (for valid reasons). I've started to adopt the mindset that less is more and the less ability people have to rule-lawyer CRP and pause RP after every single emote to go "#looc ermm well this rule says-" the more enjoyable CRP becomes for everyone involved

more CRP rules and restrictions are inherently counterintuitive to fostering good faith encounters. some of the most enjoyable people to CRP with are the guys who don't do combat with 12 different forum and lore tabs open ready to cite every existing rule and redline like a ******* thesis paper

Just now, Unwillingly said:

people barely adhere to currently existing CRP rules (for valid reasons) so I don't anticipate people would be willing to adhere to even more CRP rules (for valid reasons). I've started to adopt the mindset that less is more and the less ability people have to rule-lawyer CRP and pause RP after every single emote to go "#looc ermm well this rule says-" the more enjoyable CRP becomes for everyone involved

...and if we were to change the emote count of ranged weapon attacks, we'd have to reblance all the magical projectiles.

Why should someone wearing pull or half plate be as fast as my character wearing robes and tennis shoes. I rest my case.

44 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

more CRP rules and restrictions are inherently counterintuitive to fostering good faith encounters. some of the most enjoyable people to CRP with are the guys who don't do combat with 12 different forum and lore tabs open ready to cite every existing rule and redline like a ******* thesis paper

this is why u are in the top 5 most upvoted members 

1: It was always funny to me seeing how people may catch up to others while being in full plate and runing after people in no armor. So, yes. Besides it would make it better for those that dont really want to take part in CRP all too much, while not putting people on a full disadvantage just becouse they dont want to wear armor skins all the time ((Still love how people always react to me not having my armored skin on- seeing the not so old conflicts xD))

Just dont forget about including horses into the anount too! Aka horse armor and armor of the rider. It shouldnt be that big but still could do something with it!

2: Absolutely. Agility is not taken into acount AT ALL as of right now while it should be a decant part of combat, it pains me to see people being restricted to slow paced combat. It would be nice for that side of things to come into acount too rather then just strengh.

3: No, but some changes. Trowables are two emotes and thats already quite fine, Perhaps shortbows that have low poundadge could fall into that too- but recurve bows and longbows should stay at 3 for all that I would say. They still may do a good bit of damage to lower armor oponents, especially if the other sugestions are to be implemented, but I would sugest changing crossbows etc into 4 so they arent just simply superior to bows, which should be resonably faster to fire anyhow. ((And which would still be fair anyhow seeing the damage crossbows may do))

i like the idea that full plate slows people down
at first i said 'yes' to the ranged weaponry but I understand why it is the current way it is, looking at it it seems more fair since most CRP arent huge scaled fights. (only time the amount of emotes is annoying IMO)

I'm not sure if you guys have watched many videos where people demonstrate wearing full plate armor, but the reality is that you are just not really any slower when wearing it (if you have trained to wear it of course.) 

It's a myth that wearing plate armor makes someone sluggish and slow - And it likely would have not been worn as widely as it was in the past if it WAS making people that slow. 

Perhaps over long distances one might be slowed down by their armor - but to think that it would make someone slower in a combat situation is just a pure myth. 

@JihnynyAgain - that is referring to a longer distance race - at least 100m - If you're running 100m in a sword fight, you're running away, not fighting. I would agree that over a longer distance the little bit of extra weight would slow you down. But i'm referring to the actual fight. And these changes would apply almost exclusively to the actual fighting emotes - considering turning tail and running away would only lead to a mechanical chase anyways.

*backflips in full plate as arrows bounce off my armor, decapitating you in one strike with my katana 

This is PEAK RP. haters will be EXECUTED.

44 minutes ago, squakhawk said:

this is why u are in the top 5 most upvoted members 

out of interest whos the most upvoted lotcer

12 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

*backflips in full plate as arrows bounce off my armor, decapitating you in one strike with my katana 

This is PEAK RP. haters will be EXECUTED.

Don't forget to Mordhau with the katana

As fiori intended.

@SimplySeoActually gotta hit them with the flying backflipping pommel throw of course. 

Posted (edited)

Honestly I’d say buff bows to 2 emotes and have armored movement and orc/olog movement stay at 4/8 for action movement/dash, but buff movement to 5/10 for humans/elves/dwarves and 6/12 for anything equivalent to a halfling or lighter for action movement/dash when wearing half-plate or lighter, while buffing horse action/movement into 10/15 blocks

Mages can b*tch and whine about projectiles but I mean, they already have 2-emote projectiles as the baseline for most magical practices, along with way more destructive stuff at higher levels, not to mention translocation with voidal focuses. Buffing bows and movement just equalizes the baseline for attacks

Edited by Nimbus_Strike