Order Of The Clerics (Recruiting)

Braxis

*a simple bird arrives carrying a message*

I have read your letter but sadly for some reason I am unable to contact hosper so now I am wondering what I should do to continue further along the path of tr cleric.

I there is anone that could help me and aid me or tell me what to do to be granted my trials I would be very thankfull.

Thanks in advance and my Aeriel warm your harts and easen your way.

Signed pupil eledyr skyrosson

((due to our difference in time zones it appears to be impossible for me to contact hosper in game and I would realy like to become a cleric so

If someone knows a solution that would be appreciated ))

1)MC Name & RP Name: Lanader ; Richard Tarus

2)Chosen Patron: Aengul-Aeriel Patron

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): I wish to join The Clerical Order as I wish to balance out my flaws and learn to be one with myself and solve situations in a more peaceful matter.

4)Race: Human

5)Flaws in Your Character: He hesitates in situations, he can be angry with himself, has a short temper, and needs to resolve situations correctly.

6) How long have you been on the server: A year/almost.

Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]

Richard approaches the Shade, quiet and calm at the same time. He tapped the man on the shoulder, and as the Shade turned Richard asked him what he was doing. The Shade simply snickered and despised him obviously--but Richard attempted to persuade him by telling him that this is a waste of his time and that the citizen is of no value/worth spending your time on. The Shade watched him, furious with how he tried to tell him what to do--but simply, the Shade walked away as the persuasion had worked. Even if the Shade did not believe him, Richard would try to distract the Shade so the citizen could leave.

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow.

Richard, walking against the wind in his nice robes, notices a puny rock looking thing, hesitating. But when he rubbed his eyes, he noticed the child sitting in the snow and ran towards him. He kneeled down towards the child, taking off his over-garments/cloak and wrapping it around the child. Richard would proceed to throw the child over his shoulder, carrying him to the nearest city for warmth and comfort. After getting him to the city he would question him simple things: His name, his age, where his parents were. Richard would try to find how he ended up there, and try to get him back to his parents where he could be in the safety of them and such. If the boy was an Orphan, Richard would keep him until he could find a suitable caretaker for the child.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.

Richard. walking apon the gravel path, stops as a Bandit has him with a knife. Richard raises a brow, as the Bandit demands money and said he would kill Richard if he didn't give him his money and valuables..He looked towards him, hesitating; but then speaking.. "Why do you do this? What convinced you to try and rob people? There is no reason for this situation, you simply could have gotten a job or ask people for money." The man replied, waiting and loosening his grip for a second. But then he got back in to reality and screamed at Richard, saying he had no other choice. Richard, seeing it was going to be too difficult to speak with him. Richard shaked his head, reaching in to his pocket and pulling out a reasonable amount, giving it to the man. "Remember, what I said." The Bandit scurried off soon after.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.

Richard glances towards the man screaming non-sense, and it was obvious he was a Heretic. As Richard came to the man, he put his hand on his shoulder and asked what the man was doing. The man threw his hand off, obviously furious and full of enragement. The man told him that Iblees would save him and all of his people, and it was the only way to survive. Richard questioned him why he believed this and if some man convinced him that Iblees is the only true patron to worship. Richard again, attempted to resolve the situation with persuasion and told him that Aeriel could heal your mental wounds, and save you. This is the argument that he used the whole time, trying to say that Aeriel could really help him and is all-loving. If it failed, Richard would walk away shaking his head, if not he would try to help the man learn about Aeriel and why his people needed to "survive."

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?"

Richard looked at him, trying to think of what to say. He questioned him as to what he is saying or what he meant, but the man repeated the question. Richard allowed the question to seep in to his mind, and he pondered with his thoughts an answer. "Why are you saying these things, man?" The man began to try and reason with Richard that it was God's fault that we lost Aegis and we were forced to move with Asulon. God is not helping, he's watching the destruction of the world, the man stated. Richard started by saying that everything has a purpose, and perhaps it was the right time to leave Aegis. God does not wish to interfere, but only help the people of Asulon. You need to trust God and have more faith in him, as one day you will be greatly rewarded in the after-life, friend. The man told him that Iblees was doing something to the world, but why not God, the man stated. Richard replied, asking him why he thinks that God is not helping. One day God will come to your aid--but not now. Continue on with your life, and such. Do not rest your faith with Iblees, and put your trust with God.

Dear fellow Clerics and pupils,

I took a visit to Armaluna and there I had something made for the order.

*takes out a piece of cloth and unfolds it, it appears to be a banner*

If you like it this could be the banner of the order?

Celtic8.png

1)MC Name & RP Name: Lanader ; Richard Tarus

2)Chosen Patron: Aengul-Aeriel Patron

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): I wish to join The Clerical Order as I wish to balance out my flaws and learn to be one with myself and solve situations in a more peaceful matter.

5)Flaws in Your Character: He hesitates in situations, he can be angry with himself, has a short temper, and needs to resolve situations correctly.

6) How long have you been on the server: A year/almost.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]

Richard approaches the Shade, quiet and calm at the same time. He tapped the man on the shoulder, and as the Shade turned Richard asked him what he was doing. The Shade simply snickered and despised him obviously--but Richard attempted to persuade him by telling him that this is a waste of his time and that the citizen is of no value/worth spending your time on. The Shade watched him, furious with how he tried to tell him what to do--but simply, the Shade walked away as the persuasion had worked. Even if the Shade did not believe him, Richard would try to distract the Shade so the citizen could leave.

Richard, walking against the wind in his nice robes, notices a puny rock looking thing, hesitating. But when he rubbed his eyes, he noticed the child sitting in the snow and ran towards him. He kneeled down towards the child, taking off his over-garments/cloak and wrapping it around the child. Richard would proceed to throw the child over his shoulder, carrying him to the nearest city for warmth and comfort. After getting him to the city he would question him simple things: His name, his age, where his parents were. Richard would try to find how he ended up there, and try to get him back to his parents where he could be in the safety of them and such. If the boy was an Orphan, Richard would keep him until he could find a suitable caretaker for the child.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.

Richard. walking apon the gravel path, stops as a Bandit has him with a knife. Richard raises a brow, as the Bandit demands money and said he would kill Richard if he didn't give him his money and valuables..He looked towards him, hesitating; but then speaking.. "Why do you do this? What convinced you to try and rob people? There is no reason for this situation, you simply could have gotten a job or ask people for money." The man replied, waiting and loosening his grip for a second. But then he got back in to reality and screamed at Richard, saying he had no other choice. Richard, seeing it was going to be too difficult to speak with him. Richard shaked his head, reaching in to his pocket and pulling out a reasonable amount, giving it to the man. "Remember, what I said." The Bandit scurried off soon after.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.

Richard glances towards the man screaming non-sense, and it was obvious he was a Heretic. As Richard came to the man, he put his hand on his shoulder and asked what the man was doing. The man threw his hand off, obviously furious and full of enragement. The man told him that Iblees would save him and all of his people, and it was the only way to survive. Richard questioned him why he believed this and if some man convinced him that Iblees is the only true patron to worship. Richard again, attempted to resolve the situation with persuasion and told him that Aeriel could heal your mental wounds, and save you. This is the argument that he used the whole time, trying to say that Aeriel could really help him and is all-loving. If it failed, Richard would walk away shaking his head, if not he would try to help the man learn about Aeriel and why his people needed to "survive."

Richard looked at him, trying to think of what to say. He questioned him as to what he is saying or what he meant, but the man repeated the question. Richard allowed the question to seep in to his mind, and he pondered with his thoughts an answer. "Why are you saying these things, man?" The man began to try and reason with Richard that it was God's fault that we lost Aegis and we were forced to move with Asulon. God is not helping, he's watching the destruction of the world, the man stated. Richard started by saying that everything has a purpose, and perhaps it was the right time to leave Aegis. God does not wish to interfere, but only help the people of Asulon. You need to trust God and have more faith in him, as one day you will be greatly rewarded in the after-life, friend. The man told him that Iblees was doing something to the world, but why not God, the man stated. Richard replied, asking him why he thinks that God is not helping. One day God will come to your aid--but not now. Continue on with your life, and such. Do not rest your faith with Iblees, and put your trust with God.

Accepted

* A Bird Drops off a scroll at your feet with the clerical seal*

"Seek the War Cleric, Cleric Baldwin, High Cleric Hosper, or Paladin Fengric. If ye wish to follow the path of a Cleric of the Clerical Order."

[[MC names are Jroy96, Wardog4445, Hosper, and BoxofDOG and if you can not find any of us in game start a forum Pm bewteen me and you and I can assgin trails and lessons there!]]

1)MC Name & RP Name: LeRenardNoir; Sir Edmond Brunswick

2)Chosen Patron: Aeriel

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): I wish to spread a Holy Message through Asulon. I wish to bring healing, and greatest of all, hope. In the name of my Patron, Aeriel, I wish to heal the needy and punish the wicked. I believe that as Cleric I will be best able to provide what help I can to those who need it.

5)Flaws in Your Character:

Edmond has an inferiority complex from being a bastard and being constantly turned aside by his father. He doesn't believe he has any worth and constantly seeks validation. He can be greedy when it comes to large sums of money.

6) How long have you been on the server:

2-4 Months

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]Edmond observes as a Shade harasses what appears to be a serf. "You there, what business have you with that poor man?" asks Edmond, defiant. The Shade looks at him and smirks wickedly. "What has that man, that you could possibly want?" Edmond asks the Shade, trying to reason with him. The Shade looks puzzled. "I've got more then he could possibly have!" Edmond taunts. The Shade grins evilly, "I believe you are right", cackling devilishly the Shade slowly starts chanting. Realizing he is almost out of time, Edmond charges at the Shade, sword pointed towards it's throat."I gave you a chance to go elsewhere!" Edmond shouts as he charges. The Shade continues to mutter, more frequently. But, the Shade isn't fast enough, Edmond catches it in the throat. After the Shade is definitely dead, Edmond turns to the serf. "You alright?" he asks kindly. The serf looks up, obviously troubled, "A-a-aye s-s-sir t-thanks t-t y-you," he chatters. Edmond offers him a hand up and continues on his way.

Edmond is wandering on a mountain range when he hears short ragged breaths. Curious, Edmond goes to investigate. When he finds the source of the noise he is surprised to see a small girl shivering in the snow. Without thinking, Edmond hands the girl his wolf skin cloak. "Have this for now, I'll kindle a fire," Edmond says as he hands his cloak to the girl. Edmond sets about laying his kindling. Edmond then strikes steel against his flint and blows gently on the spark it creates. Before long, a merry fire is roaring on the mountains. "Who are you sir?" the girl asks as Edmond begins roasting beef over the fire. "Consider me a servant of sorts," Edmond says distractedly. "A servant, to whom?" the girl asks again clearly unsatisfied by the answer. "Aeriel, the Arch-Aengul of God", Edmond says as he hands her a hearty piece of the cooked beef. "It would be best for you to get some sleep, young lady," Edmond suggests. The girl takes his advice and tries to go to sleep. Edmond watches for bandits for a while before he goes to bed himself.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables. Edmond is walking down the road when he is interrupted by a lightly clad man. Edmond is slightly perturbed by the interruption. "Er..excuse me sir" Edmond nods politely. The man purposely blocks the way, "You'll give me yer things if ye want to live," the hostile man says. "I have a rather large sum of money, if that interests you" Edmond says civilly. Edmond quietly prays to Aeriel for safety. The man seems to consider this for a while before he finally speaks, "'Ow much we talkin' 'ere?" he growls. "2000 Minas" Edmond states, trying to sound calm. "Aye, they'll do well enough," the man says gruffly, holding out his hand. Edmond hands a small bag of Minas to the bandit. The bandit nods and departs. Edmond briefly thanks Aeriel, and then continues on his way.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive. Edmond chuckles at the nonsense spewing from the mouth of a man in the market. "Iblees is our saviour!" he chants. Edmond, fed up with the folly of the man, approaches him. "Sir, I ask you not to spread such nonsense, Iblees destroyed the world, Iblees is the vilest of beings" Edmond says. "But he is powerful!" the man protests. Edmond nods in agreement, "Powerful he may be, but he'll kill you, not protect you," Edmond counters. The man looks deep in thought and Edmond sees an opportunity. "Aeriel is our savior, Aeriel is not only powerful, but just!" Edmond exclaims passionately. "Aeriel will prevail over the corrupt!" Edmond says in a raised voice. The man nods, seemingly accepting of Edmond's preaching. Thinking his job is done, Edmond nods to the man and wanders off.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?" A young boy approaches Edmond and asks, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?". Edmond thinks for an appropriate answer. "We must consider all who do wrong in the world, young one. There are many corrupt and impure denizens of Asulon. We must blame it on the evil doers. The boy nods as if understanding. To hammer home the point Edmond continues, "Remember, God does not hate you. We must purge the world of evil. Farewell lad," Edmond lets his words sink in as he walks away.

1)MC Name & RP Name: McMuffinfluffin & Beorhtryth

2)Chosen Patron: The Light

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): Beorhtryth wishes to join to further his dedications tot he divine. Beorhtryth wishes to devote his life in the service of God who created the races of the world and has brought all that is good to the world.

5)Flaws in Your Character: Loyal: Beorhtryth is quick to trust and very loyal. People in higher positions with unsure intentions would find it easy to manipulate Beorhtryth to do their bidding.

Untested Faith: Beorhtryth zealously follows God because that is what he has been taught and exposed to. If someone was to bring evidence that God was false or that his intentions were not pure, than Beorhtryth could possibly turn away front the church and lose all faith with in it the divine.

Impatient: Beorhtryth prefers quicker solutions than long, tedious ones. He would prefer to be quick than doing things 'correct' if he seems them as unnecessarily long.

6) How long have you been on the server: Joined july of 2011, but played infrequently than. So I would say my combined time would equal that of a couple months of experience.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages] Beorhtryth approaches the two, unaware of the shade's identity. "You there! Stop harassing that man. If he has wronged you than take it up with the law," said Beorhtryth in a raised voice. The shade made no understandable reply, but began to murmur words Beorhtryth was unfamiliar with. Beorhtryth quickly pushes the shade to the hard ground causing the shade to gasp and lose focus of incantation. As the shade gets up Beorhtryth turns to the citizen and said, "Quick! Go and find the guards!" The citizen ran off as Beorhtryth drew his sword to face the mage. Beorhtryth was unsure if the citizen would actually get help or if the guards would be willing to leave their post, but had no intentions of showing his doubt to the mage. As the mage gets back on his feet Beorhtryth says, "Leave now with your life while you have the chance, the guards will be here before you could beat me and than you will have no chance to escape with your life. Leave while you have the chance." The shade took a dew steps back and reluctantly turned his head to eye the woods which he soon voluted into.

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow. Beorhtryth saw something shivering right off the path, he couldn't see what it was through the thick snow. Beorhtryth walked to the shivering child, slowed down as his feet dragged against the snow, and drew his dagger believing he was about to put an injured animal out of its misery. Beorhtryth dropped his dagger in surprise as he realized the things is a child. Beorhtryth quickly picked up the child, dusted the snow off of her, and held her close to him as his cloak completely buried her against him. Beorhtryth heard stammering and quickly said in a soft voice, "Hush child save your energy." Beorhtryth took her into the nearest town and immediately headed towards the inn. Beorhtryth sat the child at a table and approached the counter. "I'll have two bowls of soup and some bread. And would you know if their are any orphanages nearby?" The bartender came backs with the bowls and bread, "Sorry, none of those around here." Beorhtryth smiled and nodded as he dropped some minas on the counter and took the food to the table. The girls quickly grabbed for the bowl, but Beorhtryth blocked the greedy hand and said, "Prayer first." she sighed and bowed her head as Beorhtryth muttered a prayer. The girl quickly attacked the bowl after and Beorhtryth asked, "Where are your parents, miss?" The child slowed down her eating, but didn't answer. Beorhtryth understood and remained silent while she ate. After she quickly finished Beorhtryth took her into his arms again and gave her his piece of bread before leaving the inn. He would take her to the monks at the sanctuary, they would surely take care of the child. As he began to leave the town the child asked with a full mouth of bread, "What is your name?" Beorhtryth smiled and said, "Beorhtryth, m'lady." She responded with a giggle as Beorhtryth continued on.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables. Beorhtryth looked the poor man over, he was obviously desperate as Beorhtryth never left home without his arms and armor. Beorhtryth's hand automatically grasped the hilt of his sheathed sword and he saw a flash of fear go through the man's eyes. Beorhtryth felt a jolt of guilt and and sighed. He tossed over a generous pouch of minas and asked for the man's weapon. He handed over a dull dagger and Beorhtryth waved his hand to signal for the man to leave who quickly did so.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive. Beorhtryth felt a fit of rage overcome him as he shouted to the man, "How could you say that you fool! The followers of Iblees hide and cower before the might and strength of Aeriel and the 'other patrons'." Beorhtryth took a deep breath and did his best to calm himself as he said, "Us followers of the divine serve to heal and guide those in need, the followers of Iblees murder all they see. I do not believe healing is cruel, but murder is. Those who follow Iblees cower or are dead while the followers of the divine walk with pride, knowing the that our God will protect us." Beorhtryth removed himself from the crowd as the guards grabbed the heretic shouting about the false diety linked to innumerable amounts of murders.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?" Beorhtryth sighed a she thought up an answer of the difficult question asked by a young man. "God allows suffering because he has given us the will to do as we see fit. If God governed how we must live life than what would be the point of living? Our God weeps over every man, woman, and child that must suffer, but trusts that us mortals will work together to bring an end to it. God has personally placed his trust in each and everyone of us. Everyone person who suffers is simply another opportunity to show that God was right to place his trust in us. Take strength in the fact that those who are not relieved of their suffering are soon to join with God and find no end to their fortunes." Beorhtryth placed a hand on the man's shoulders and concluded, "God allows suffering so we may bring an end to it and bring those who cause it to justice."

1)MC Name & RP Name: xxthirteen & Eirika

2)Chosen Patron: Aeriel, Arch-Aengul of God.

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): Eirika's seen much in the way of suffering through her life, and as such she's taken it within herself to help those who are in need as much as she can, no matter who they are. Life is most indeed never fair, as there are those who have only known poverty and suffering all their lives. Being slightly more lucky than others she's met on her travels, she's taken it within herself to aid those who need help.

4)Race: Wood Elf.

5)Flaws in Your Character: More often than not, Eirika can get overly focused on one aspect of things and entirely shun out the others. She's also quite reluctant of her abilities (or rather, inabilities) to aid the needy. One could easily describe her as a generally not very confident person. And, at times, if the situation would call for it, Eirika can get incredibly hasty and impatient in way she would handle problems.

6) How long have you been on the server:

I joined at about August of last year's time, but the time I was on is rather irregular because of my own focuses outside of LoTC and other IRL issues. I've been on for at least a month or so's worth of time, if you count them all together.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages] Eirika's gaze shifted to that of a most troubling scene: one man harassing another. With a most decidedly determined look on her face, Eirika walked towards the scene in question and started to exclaim, "Halt, you two! What is the meaning of this?"

"Why, it's nothing girl. Move along before I find it within myself to, ahah, 'bother' you too." Shaking his head, the shade immediately turned towards Eirika, who stared somewhat stalwartly back at the evil mage.

"Now now, why do you think you're so powerful, hm? Harassing others, especially those who are less fortunate than you is unforgivable."

"You don't understand, do you girl? I am.. well, for now I am an apprentice, to a very powerful Shade! You should all be bowing your knees to me, for I control magics that would destroy you peons in a heartbeat!" An expression of surprise overtook Eirika's face as she looked to the unfortunate man who was being harassed earlier. "Leave, please," she said to the man, who promptly ran to the guard.

"Now, that man's going to alert the guard. I suggest you leave, and make it quick," she said, putting on a face of bravery as she stood her ground against the shade, who was getting worried about the situation he'd found himself in. Prepared to chase this man out of the town if she had to herself, she stood there, until the apprentice finally realized that this was a bad situation he'd found himself in, and ran to a nearby alley, where Eirika gave chase but failed at keeping up with him. She left the scene, worried about telling the others about the nearby dangers that was this Shade.

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow. As she was walking along the snowy path, a small child was indeed shivering along the barely recognizable path that laid ahead of her.

"Come now, child," she said gently as she bent her knee down to get a closer look at the obviously cold child. "You're freezing out here, poor thing," she muttered to herself while reaching for her pack, retrieving a rather thick coat for sleeping.

"Here. Wear this, and let's go," she said, handing the thick coat over to the child. Without hesitation, the child got up and wrapped the coat around his shivering body. Without uttering a sound, Eirika took the child by the shoulder and walked him quite some ways to a nearby inn. Nodding to the shopkeep, she said, "Can you tell the guard about this child, and see if they can take care of him? Here, I'll pay for a room he can sleep in for the night. A little extra for the request too."

Nodding to the child and the shopkeep, who was worried about the child's well-being himself, she walked to the door and continued on the snowy path she was trekking on earlier.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables."Halt, your minas or your life," came the menacing warning from a nearby bandit, who comes slinking out of hiding behind a nearby tree. Eirika looks around, and frowns softly.

"Now now, I feel pity for you," she replied.

"What did you say?!" The bandit yelled, pushing the tip of his blade towards Eirika.

"I most sincerely apologize that life has not been most kindly to you, fair man, for you to turn to thievery. I hope that if I leave you with this sum of minas, that you would perhaps reconsider your actions today. There are plenty of jobs open around, and with that comes fair minas, without the need to rob," she said, as she pulled out a leather pouch of minas, and gently handing it to the man, who looked surprised at best. In his confusion, he left, muttering things about his wrongdoings and what he's done. Eirika then walks away to continue on her path towards her destination.

"Iblees destroyed our old home of Aegis, if you do recall, fair fellow. With the destruction of our home, our patrons found it within themselves to create for us a new beginning here in Asulon, where we now forge our fates and continue to live on," she would counter the rantings of the man in the marketplace. "I wish that you would find peace within yourself and find the light through this darkness that consumes you. Know that even though others seems to have forsaken you, and the darkness has overtaken you, know that God and His patrons will always be there to look after you, through thick and thin. The light will always find a way through the darkness."

"God allows suffering to continue merely as a testament of our faith in Him. You see, we are not perfect, and He is merely trying to teach us the errors of our ways by creating suffering, so that we may once again always be faithful in His ability to watch over us. Believe in God, young one, and you shall be eased of suffering, just learn to be patient and that he knows all, especially what's best for our lives. Also, I believe that suffering exists because we do not cherish the gift of life that God's given us. Therefore, he created suffering to make us understand the folly of our ways. Just always believe in him, and appreciate the gifts God has given you, and your suffering shall be eased." she explained, with a gentle smile on her face.

1)MC Name & RP Name: McMuffinfluffin & Beorhtryth2)Chosen Patron: The Light3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): Beorhtryth wishes to join to further his dedications tot he divine. Beorhtryth wishes to devote his life in the service of God who created the races of the world and has brought all that is good to the world. 4)Race: Human5)Flaws in Your Character: Loyal: Beorhtryth is quick to trust and very loyal. People in higher positions with unsure intentions would find it easy to manipulate Beorhtryth to do their bidding.Untested Faith: Beorhtryth zealously follows God because that is what he has been taught and exposed to. If someone was to bring evidence that God was false or that his intentions were not pure, than Beorhtryth could possibly turn away front the church and lose all faith with in it the divine.Impatient: Beorhtryth prefers quicker solutions than long, tedious ones. He would prefer to be quick than doing things 'correct' if he seems them as unnecessarily long.6) How long have you been on the server: Joined july of 2011, but played infrequently than. So I would say my combined time would equal that of a couple months of experience.Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages] Beorhtryth approaches the two, unaware of the shade's identity. "You there! Stop harassing that man. If he has wronged you than take it up with the law," said Beorhtryth in a raised voice. The shade made no understandable reply, but began to murmur words Beorhtryth was unfamiliar with. Beorhtryth quickly pushes the shade to the hard ground causing the shade to gasp and lose focus of incantation. As the shade gets up Beorhtryth turns to the citizen and said, "Quick! Go and find the guards!" The citizen ran off as Beorhtryth drew his sword to face the mage. Beorhtryth was unsure if the citizen would actually get help or if the guards would be willing to leave their post, but had no intentions of showing his doubt to the mage. As the mage gets back on his feet Beorhtryth says, "Leave now with your life while you have the chance, the guards will be here before you could beat me and than you will have no chance to escape with your life. Leave while you have the chance." The shade took a dew steps back and reluctantly turned his head to eye the woods which he soon voluted into. 8) You see a small child shivering in the snow. Beorhtryth saw something shivering right off the path, he couldn't see what it was through the thick snow. Beorhtryth walked to the shivering child, slowed down as his feet dragged against the snow, and drew his dagger believing he was about to put an injured animal out of its misery. Beorhtryth dropped his dagger in surprise as he realized the things is a child. Beorhtryth quickly picked up the child, dusted the snow off of her, and held her close to him as his cloak completely buried her against him. Beorhtryth heard stammering and quickly said in a soft voice, "Hush child save your energy." Beorhtryth took her into the nearest town and immediately headed towards the inn. Beorhtryth sat the child at a table and approached the counter. "I'll have two bowls of soup and some bread. And would you know if their are any orphanages nearby?" The bartender came backs with the bowls and bread, "Sorry, none of those around here." Beorhtryth smiled and nodded as he dropped some minas on the counter and took the food to the table. The girls quickly grabbed for the bowl, but Beorhtryth blocked the greedy hand and said, "Prayer first." she sighed and bowed her head as Beorhtryth muttered a prayer. The girl quickly attacked the bowl after and Beorhtryth asked, "Where are your parents, miss?" The child slowed down her eating, but didn't answer. Beorhtryth understood and remained silent while she ate. After she quickly finished Beorhtryth took her into his arms again and gave her his piece of bread before leaving the inn. He would take her to the monks at the sanctuary, they would surely take care of the child. As he began to leave the town the child asked with a full mouth of bread, "What is your name?" Beorhtryth smiled and said, "Beorhtryth, m'lady." She responded with a giggle as Beorhtryth continued on.9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables. Beorhtryth looked the poor man over, he was obviously desperate as Beorhtryth never left home without his arms and armor. Beorhtryth's hand automatically grasped the hilt of his sheathed sword and he saw a flash of fear go through the man's eyes. Beorhtryth felt a jolt of guilt and and sighed. He tossed over a generous pouch of minas and asked for the man's weapon. He handed over a dull dagger and Beorhtryth waved his hand to signal for the man to leave who quickly did so.10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive. Beorhtryth felt a fit of rage overcome him as he shouted to the man, "How could you say that you fool! The followers of Iblees hide and cower before the might and strength of Aeriel and the 'other patrons'." Beorhtryth took a deep breath and did his best to calm himself as he said, "Us followers of the divine serve to heal and guide those in need, the followers of Iblees murder all they see. I do not believe healing is cruel, but murder is. Those who follow Iblees cower or are dead while the followers of the divine walk with pride, knowing the that our God will protect us." Beorhtryth removed himself from the crowd as the guards grabbed the heretic shouting about the false diety linked to innumerable amounts of murders.11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?" Beorhtryth sighed a she thought up an answer of the difficult question asked by a young man. "God allows suffering because he has given us the will to do as we see fit. If God governed how we must live life than what would be the point of living? Our God weeps over every man, woman, and child that must suffer, but trusts that us mortals will work together to bring an end to it. God has personally placed his trust in each and everyone of us. Everyone person who suffers is simply another opportunity to show that God was right to place his trust in us. Take strength in the fact that those who are not relieved of their suffering are soon to join with God and find no end to their fortunes." Beorhtryth placed a hand on the man's shoulders and concluded, "God allows suffering so we may bring an end to it and bring those who cause it to justice."

1)MC Name & RP Name: xxthirteen & Eirika2)Chosen Patron: Aeriel, Arch-Aengul of God. 3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended): Eirika's seen much in the way of suffering through her life, and as such she's taken it within herself to help those who are in need as much as she can, no matter who they are. Life is most indeed never fair, as there are those who have only known poverty and suffering all their lives. Being slightly more lucky than others she's met on her travels, she's taken it within herself to aid those who need help.4)Race: Wood Elf.5)Flaws in Your Character: More often than not, Eirika can get overly focused on one aspect of things and entirely shun out the others. She's also quite reluctant of her abilities (or rather, inabilities) to aid the needy. One could easily describe her as a generally not very confident person. And, at times, if the situation would call for it, Eirika can get incredibly hasty and impatient in way she would handle problems. 6) How long have you been on the server: I joined at about August of last year's time, but the time I was on is rather irregular because of my own focuses outside of LoTC and other IRL issues. I've been on for at least a month or so's worth of time, if you count them all together.Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages] Eirika's gaze shifted to that of a most troubling scene: one man harassing another. With a most decidedly determined look on her face, Eirika walked towards the scene in question and started to exclaim, "Halt, you two! What is the meaning of this?""Why, it's nothing girl. Move along before I find it within myself to, ahah, 'bother' you too." Shaking his head, the shade immediately turned towards Eirika, who stared somewhat stalwartly back at the evil mage."Now now, why do you think you're so powerful, hm? Harassing others, especially those who are less fortunate than you is unforgivable.""You don't understand, do you girl? I am.. well, for now I am an apprentice, to a very powerful Shade! You should all be bowing your knees to me, for I control magics that would destroy you peons in a heartbeat!" An expression of surprise overtook Eirika's face as she looked to the unfortunate man who was being harassed earlier. "Leave, please," she said to the man, who promptly ran to the guard. "Now, that man's going to alert the guard. I suggest you leave, and make it quick," she said, putting on a face of bravery as she stood her ground against the shade, who was getting worried about the situation he'd found himself in. Prepared to chase this man out of the town if she had to herself, she stood there, until the apprentice finally realized that this was a bad situation he'd found himself in, and ran to a nearby alley, where Eirika gave chase but failed at keeping up with him. She left the scene, worried about telling the others about the nearby dangers that was this Shade.8) You see a small child shivering in the snow. As she was walking along the snowy path, a small child was indeed shivering along the barely recognizable path that laid ahead of her. "Come now, child," she said gently as she bent her knee down to get a closer look at the obviously cold child. "You're freezing out here, poor thing," she muttered to herself while reaching for her pack, retrieving a rather thick coat for sleeping. "Here. Wear this, and let's go," she said, handing the thick coat over to the child. Without hesitation, the child got up and wrapped the coat around his shivering body. Without uttering a sound, Eirika took the child by the shoulder and walked him quite some ways to a nearby inn. Nodding to the shopkeep, she said, "Can you tell the guard about this child, and see if they can take care of him? Here, I'll pay for a room he can sleep in for the night. A little extra for the request too."Nodding to the child and the shopkeep, who was worried about the child's well-being himself, she walked to the door and continued on the snowy path she was trekking on earlier.9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables."Halt, your minas or your life," came the menacing warning from a nearby bandit, who comes slinking out of hiding behind a nearby tree. Eirika looks around, and frowns softly. "Now now, I feel pity for you," she replied."What did you say?!" The bandit yelled, pushing the tip of his blade towards Eirika."I most sincerely apologize that life has not been most kindly to you, fair man, for you to turn to thievery. I hope that if I leave you with this sum of minas, that you would perhaps reconsider your actions today. There are plenty of jobs open around, and with that comes fair minas, without the need to rob," she said, as she pulled out a leather pouch of minas, and gently handing it to the man, who looked surprised at best. In his confusion, he left, muttering things about his wrongdoings and what he's done. Eirika then walks away to continue on her path towards her destination.10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive. "Iblees destroyed our old home of Aegis, if you do recall, fair fellow. With the destruction of our home, our patrons found it within themselves to create for us a new beginning here in Asulon, where we now forge our fates and continue to live on," she would counter the rantings of the man in the marketplace. "I wish that you would find peace within yourself and find the light through this darkness that consumes you. Know that even though others seems to have forsaken you, and the darkness has overtaken you, know that God and His patrons will always be there to look after you, through thick and thin. The light will always find a way through the darkness."11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?""God allows suffering to continue merely as a testament of our faith in Him. You see, we are not perfect, and He is merely trying to teach us the errors of our ways by creating suffering, so that we may once again always be faithful in His ability to watch over us. Believe in God, young one, and you shall be eased of suffering, just learn to be patient and that he knows all, especially what's best for our lives. Also, I believe that suffering exists because we do not cherish the gift of life that God's given us. Therefore, he created suffering to make us understand the folly of our ways. Just always believe in him, and appreciate the gifts God has given you, and your suffering shall be eased." she explained, with a gentle smile on her face.

{irked that my Teacher Cleric has not gotten his app after a month and half and the Cleric team doe snot do any of these apps..]]

*A hawk drops off a letter*

"Greetings Pupils of the light, Seek Paladin Fengric [[boxofdog]] or Cleric Bladwin [[wardog445] for yer trails. Then wait for the lights [[Accpted Ma]] to begin your training For the magic of the light'

((Am I part of the Cleric team that accepts this? Just curious considering you're directing people to me now. Another question, after I become a War Cleric, should I apply for a teacher application as to actually get Clergy members out in the world?))

[[A quick question, when does BoxofDog usually get on? :c]]

Sending off a corresponding letter in reply to her acceptance, Eirika quickly writes a letter headed to the Clerical Order's base. From her small home in Kal'Alras, she has taken the rather short boat ride over to the Cloud Temple, hoping to find her way to where the letter of acceptance came from easier. With a sigh, she smiles as she arrives at a nearby station where the messenger hawks are kept. As quickly as she came, she paid the keepers in charge the small fee required to use the service and rapidly places the letter in the hawk's clutch. A bit of time follows after the departure of the bird as said bird reaches its destination, and places the letter on the windowsill of a nearby open window.

"I would like to receive training soon on how to fulfill my duties and hopefully join your ranks to better serve the light. I would also quite appreciate if I could obtain directions to where this letter eventually ends up -- the Order's base -- from the Cloud Temple, as I am currently, but temporarily, residing around the area as this letter is being delivered. I most sincerely apologize if I do come off as rather impatient, but I am overly excited at being able to train as a Paladin.

I do hope to hear back from your order soon.

Sincerely, Eirika."

*a note is posted in the guild building*

If anybody knows the whereabouts of Paladin Fengric or anybody who can assign further trials for myself to become a Paladin Trainee as I completed the first one some time ago, please send me a bird or post a note next to this one

-signed

Roric