Magic Canon Part I:

Besides, it's not like we have anything to hide, just tons and tons of History.

Indeed, open or not. A friend of mine was picked up by a dragon ((native)) and tossed into the druid grove. Where he found himself in the company of bewildered and confused druids. This is how I came into the possession of the knowledge of the druid library of Asulon. However the books I spoke of are from the Oracles collection in Aegis. I will be more than happy to make copies and share them.

@Blundermore, You might very well be correct. Upon further review I found books speaking of Bell's History, and many other mages but have yet to re-descover one with you. Not that think it doesn't exist, or even that I might not still have it. Just haven't found it yet...a lot of material to look through. And I've been a very busy little girl making sure all the pieces of magic lore fit together nicely. You are all doing terrific work so far keep it up! ;)

Edit, I added this before but it seems to have gone unanswered or missed so I shall do so again.

"My character uses magic to foretell the past, which is the opposite of her mother and teacher who used it to foretell the future. How does this magic fit into the current plans, and How shall it be screened. I take great care and pride in making predictions, and re-witnessing past events and places. I know of several others that have also been known to use these abilities, the Prophet for one that is in many documented books of lore."

You have peaked my interest, could I perhaps have a copy of said book over the forums perhaps as well? Or at least main out takes? There has only been two books about my character in game. And only one of them is slightly open to public eye.*looks at the Druids and their lack of care in keeping their library locked*. Are you sure your not mistaking me for someone else? Many mix me and ambros up all the time and I am constantly redirecting messages to a ambros from those who think I am him.

Putting that bookshelf outside now, next to the bridge. :twisted:

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why this is still pending a sticky? Something that I need to address?

Im on a phone right now otherwise I would :/

That's fine, just wasn't sure if there was a problem at hand that needed to be solved prior to the sticky.

Define "Born" with magical powers. Do you mean born with the innate trained knowledge and affinity for casting spells that others would have to train and learn?

We are all born with the ability to use magic, it is that we need training in order to use it. Being born with magical powers you can use off the bat is no better than just rolling a mage character with spells off the bat.

You still need to be taught.

I think what Anri means is, innate abilities that go beyond others innate abilities, a prime example being someone like harry potter. Is this considered powergaming?

Generally speaking yes. It would be no different than myself coming in as a trained sword user where others must start at the beginning. You must legitimately learn the magic in game like the rest of us.

Unfortunately I believe you are in the minority here, however text-RP magic will still be a possibility. There is much you could conceivably do that will not end up being supported by the plug-in, so people will end up having to continue text-based spell craft anyways. That being said, if you have suggestions as to how you would like the plug-in to be handled, PM them to me, I would love to hear them and will bring them into consideration, especially if you make a strong argument for your ideas.

We are all born with the ability to use magic, it is that we need training in order to use it. Being born with magical powers you can use off the bat is no better than just rolling a mage character with spells off the bat.

You still need to be taught.

That's what I meant. So just about anyone can learn magic, not just a select few.