Creative Professions In Lotc

LedZep98

Two more to add

Painter

Halfling

I was unaware that Halfling was a profession... I should look into this matter further.

These ideas are all pretty great, hopefully a few people take away from this.

As for the merchant thing, if anyone knew Hempshine back in Aegis, won't ever be another like him.

And thanks to the new amendments to the Server Policy we can add Prostitute, Brothel Madamme and Pimp to the list. People talk about brothels in game, but we haven't had one since early Asulon.

Also, Priest is a much under loved profession. It's called the 'Holy' Oren Empire, but the only priest I've ever seen is the High Pontiff.

Hairdresser!!!

Lost my memory, needed to find someone to recognise me but I had grown a beard. I spent a INSANELY long amount of time looking for someone to trim my beard. You could seriously make a mint as a beautician.

I know it is already on the list. I am just excited.

9-Brewer

Ahh Ale, the finest drink to be drunk. You supply the golden liquid to the world, as well as a wide variety of alcohols. You bring the noblemen their wine, and the common men their mead. It's an art, and your passion.

B-but.. I.. do this.. I ran a full RP tavern in Aegis and Asulon on Tassel, and now the imperial winery in 2.5 as Samantha ;w;

-cries in corner-

But yeah, I'd love to see minor jobs like this. I honestly loved delivering letters on Miian, though I didn't get to do it much. It'd be nice to see little tailor shops too, with sewing dummies made from wool and fence posts. I'd easily pay a lot for a bunch of well made outfits for my characters, and the same with a hair dresser or barber to give me new hairstyles.

As a self-professed "mad" scientist, I would like the occupation of "mad" scientist added to this list.

Or just scientists in general! Or scholars who actually write stuff!

I use to be a well to do merchant sailor captain on one of my characters (I lie he was a pirate and claimed dominion over the western ocean until I took a gm copy and pasting accident to the flag ship) so people can try to set up trade links etc with ships and become privateer sailors and whatnot.

A big thanks to everyone who posted suggestions. I'll be posting a large update to the list later on today.

((Also, 200th post ^_^))

Halfling is not a profession, it's a race.

Halfling is not a profession, it's a race.

I love how this doesn't affect you in any way, shape, or form, yet still you intervene. Stop being such a hypocrite.

Also, love the idea of more people taking up new, interesting professions!

~Sincerely, the ex-jeweller Physicist.

While I agree these are unique. I have seen all of these professions before but the problem is that no one cares about them or has a way to roleplay with them. There simply isn't enough people that would want to watch a play or anyone that would roleplay with a barber when they can ask for a skin on the forums.