[Lotc Official] Meet The Series

Telanir

Ehh yeah Im pretty sure you could as long as you made a tnt stick able to withstand the force. The only advice I can give engineers is: Be original. Dont go lawl hidden blade lawl and if you do think of a less effective way. Eg. Shrike's 'Concealed steel' is essentially a hidden blade but with an activation pad that must be pressed down. This hinders climbing and is unbalanced due to the cogbox but is durable and clever. 

Just use ingame invented items to achieve newer tiers of items. Eg. Because we have glasses Shrike's made magnification lenses for his goggles and is experimented with tinted glasses through the use of watered down dyes :)

Also Shrike's a (Medieval Steampunkish) mix of Isaac Clarke (Engineer from Dead Space) and Dell Conagher(TF2's Engi) ...Yes I play lutes by a campfire whilst drinking ale and give lectures with my goggles down on: "Practical problems" he also uses his inventions with his fighting style eg. kicks gravel at enemies and uses his goggles to shield his own eyes.

His own innovative mind helps win him fights. (Copyrighted Huwel Adaelson 2013 and Adaelson Co Engineering. Also copyrighted for upcoming 'WeatherMan' Isaac Rivet Adaelson)

EDIT: Oh and you need four things in my opinion to make a good Engineer in my opinion they are:

Originality- Ok, this is coming from a guy whose skin is based off Corvo Attano's from Dishonored. Aswell as several gaming characters. I'm talking about invention originality. In my opinion its all fine and good to make similar inventions from a game as long as: A. They can actually be created (No unrealistic components or mechanisms.) B. Change the name and have a root from where your character had the idea. Eg. Shrike's bipod is named 'Chairlegs' after its designed after chairlegs xD 

Be Creative - Think of ideas and possibilities on how things can work. Also think of cool little gadgets that aren't game changing but are simply quite cool. Eg. Shrike's Engineering goggles or the Bayonet attachment he's working on for a handheld crossbow due to the fact it makes it easier than drawing a knife.

History: When inventing something check when it was made and how possible it would be to acquire according to the in-game lore. 

Know your stuff/Research- This is important when thinking of potential ideas that exist in real life, check multiple sources on the internet to confirm your knowledge. For instance when I was designing 'Concealed Steel' I found that the hidden blade is also known as the Spring Blade and its been basically popularized  by Assassins Creed.  

This is my brief guide to Engineering and from one Engineer to another I wish for two things. 1: Try not to steal my stuff, at least hunt me down rply and take my gear :I and 2. Have fun 

Alright, big reply, I'l try to explain thoroughly. :D

I think you should do Meet the Gambler and Meet the Witch hunter

I'm not exactly sure about Gambler, and how I'd go about writing one for that, as for Witch Hunter, very plausible. I'l work on that too. :)

Meet the Lawyer.

Do lawyers really fully exist in LotC? o_o

In any case, I would need help on that one. x3

Meet the Pugsy

Meet the Telanir

Meet the Whitewash?

Pugsy is unnecessary, nearly all of the guides touch up on bad actions with the inadequate section.

Also remember that the guides are are set to what you would want to be like and act, not what you don't.

My current opinion on "Meet The Pugsy" is unfortunately a No here.

As for Meet The Telanir, I can make a post in the introduction area about that if you like, but not here as I intend for these guides to be informative and useful. If you really want one and I get a few requests, sure I'l make one for you guys. ;)

Meet The Whitewash... I'l talk to TheCleaningCrew. :D

Ohhh, meet the Whitewash might be good. Brief, but good.

Hurr hurr, I'l be talking to you about that one. ;)

Ehh yeah Im pretty sure you could as long as you made a tnt stick able to withstand the force. The only advice I can give engineers is: Be original. Dont go lawl hidden blade lawl and if you do think of a less effective way. Eg. Shrike's 'Concealed steel' is essentially a hidden blade but with an activation pad that must be pressed down. This hinders climbing and is unbalanced due to the cogbox but is durable and clever. 

Just use ingame invented items to achieve newer tiers of items. Eg. Because we have glasses Shrike's made magnification lenses for his goggles and is experimented with tinted glasses through the use of watered down dyes :)

Also Shrike's a (Medieval Steampunkish) mix of Isaac Clarke (Engineer from Dead Space) and Dell Conagher(TF2's Engi) ...Yes I play lutes by a campfire whilst drinking ale and give lectures with my goggles down on: "Practical problems" he also uses his inventions with his fighting style eg. kicks gravel at enemies and uses his goggles to shield his own eyes.

His own innovative mind helps win him fights. (Copyrighted Huwel Adaelson 2013 and Adaelson Co Engineering. Also copyrighted for upcoming 'WeatherMan' Isaac Rivet Adaelson)

EDIT: Oh and you need four things in my opinion to make a good Engineer in my opinion they are:

Originality- Ok, this is coming from a guy whose skin is based off Corvo Attano's from Dishonored. Aswell as several gaming characters. I'm talking about invention originality. In my opinion its all fine and good to make similar inventions from a game as long as: A. They can actually be created (No unrealistic components or mechanisms.) B. Change the name and have a root from where your character had the idea. Eg. Shrike's bipod is named 'Chairlegs' after its designed after chairlegs xD 

Be Creative - Think of ideas and possibilities on how things can work. Also think of cool little gadgets that aren't game changing but are simply quite cool. Eg. Shrike's Engineering goggles or the Bayonet attachment he's working on for a handheld crossbow due to the fact it makes it easier than drawing a knife.

History: When inventing something check when it was made and how possible it would be to acquire according to the in-game lore. 

Know your stuff/Research- This is important when thinking of potential ideas that exist in real life, check multiple sources on the internet to confirm your knowledge. For instance when I was designing 'Concealed Steel' I found that the hidden blade is also known as the Spring Blade and its been basically popularized  by Assassins Creed.  

This is my brief guide to Engineering and from one Engineer to another I wish for two things. 1: Try not to steal my stuff, at least hunt me down rply and take my gear :I and 2. Have fun 

The feedback that I have received on possibly making "Meet The Engineer" is to best not make one.

The purpose of engineers in LotC changes monthly, and the guide would quickly move out of date I have been told.

Unfortunately, that one may be placed on pending indefinitely. Thanks for understanding. :D

VExf7pn.png

Meet The Series

-Will be facing a small re-design to accommodate the next series as a link.

Meet The Series 2

-Will be added, sole purpose of this will be to add further guides, with all other relevant information on the first series topic post.

-Expect it soon, it may take a little while but will arrive at the same time as a few other guides.

-Will contain two reserved posts, for the future, so that there are not too many separate topic posts.

Cyanide kills you by the way.

What is that in response to? .-.

I'm not getting the context, unless it is just injected without being a response to anything, in which case sorry. x3

What is that in response to? .-.

I'm not getting the context, unless it is just injected without being a response to anything, in which case sorry. x3

Cyanide being "medicinal" in your medic thing.

Roflmao, just noticed that. Still I guess, can't be used either way. :3

Cyanide was used in small doses by early doctors to decrease blood pressure.

Just sayin.

Meet the Pirate :P

Ahh, can't believe I'd actually miss something like that.

That will definitely be added to my list of guides to write, Meet The Series 2 might be delayed a bit further. x3

To your guard guide, you need to include magical single gates that only let one person of dozens in upon opening, and unemoted twinked invisicuffs.

To your guard guide, you need to include magical single gates that only let one person of dozens in upon opening, and unemoted twinked invisicuffs.

Good idea, that shall be added to the "Inadequate Guard Roleplay" section. :)

needs a meet the pure high elf and the impure :P