[Not Hiring] The Red Cross

Miquill

*In all major cities and Kal'Halla, besides the Orcish ones, you see a several flies posted up.*

The Holy Order of the Knight’s Templar

9decd640fb19eeb24284ba2ef7e60188.png

Early History

There once was a dwarf named Fotike Obadiah. He was a proud, honorable man, and the elder of the Obadiahs. In the year 103, when the world was young, he founded an order named the Holy Order of the Knight’s Templar. It was a pious order, consisting of members of all races. They fought for the creator, Yemekar, and to free the world from evil. For many years the order thrived, easily vanquishing its foes.

However, in the year 571 the Order struck tragedy, Fotike’s first born Thrain was not as powerful a leader as his father, and made many enemies. He insulted a Goblin Chieftain of the Buurz-O’lig (Dark Bow) tribe and shortly after the Chieftain ordered a strike on the Order’s Headquarters in what would become an Abandoned Castle off the side of Haven’s Road. The Buurz-O’lig tribe took heavy casualties on the first strike, losing over 650 soldiers. On the other hand the Templars lost merely a few footman. Thrain became filled with pride and launched an attack on the Buurz-O’lig tribe, later to be known as Buurz Klomp (Dark Battle) because of the heavy casualties on both sides. The Buurz-O’lig lost atleast 400 men, and the Templars lost over 570. An obvious victory for the Buurz-O’lig tribe, the war remained idle for nearly half a year until the Chieftain launched a surprise attack on the Order. As the Order fought for survival, Thrain quickly wrote a letter to his only son, Balan, in school at Kal’Urguan. Thrain placed all of the Order’s lore within a package with the letter and sent his fastest horseman off. Neither side won that day, both sides having less than 10 survivors.

In the year 830, at the age of 260, Balan had his first child Zekial. Zekial spent most of his adulthood as a scholar in Kal’Urguan, studying battle tactics and strategy. He had his first son, Ezekial Obadiah in the year 1,247. He would then go on to have a second son, Titus Obadiah, in the year 1,281. Zekial’s wife, however, did not survive childbirth. Zekial, unable to bear the loss of his wife, finally took his own life when Titus was only 35. Titus and his brother Ezekial set out, exploring Aegis for the next 2 years. They stumbled across a prospering city by the name of Aeriel’s Crown, the capital of Aerarium in the year 1316. Titus, who was 37 at the time, and Ezekiel 71 thought greatly of the city. Titus decided to become a guard in the city, but Ezekiel stayed to his farm in Kal’Urguan. Eventually Ezekiel fished out the old Templar books within the next 3 years, Titus now Head-Guard decided to restore his Family’s legacy and with the help of King Lucius Murmillo the Templars became a Special Force in Aeriel’s Crown’s military.

In the year 1320, the Holy Order of the Knights Templar would be officially restored. For the next 12 years the Order would thrive, until one day Titus’ second-born would think of mutiny against his father. Randok Obadiah, Titus’ first-born overheard Airion, the second-born, speaking with a fellow Templar about overthrowing the Order. Randok quickly told his father of this and Airion was tried for plotted mutiny. Being found guilty, Titus executed his own son, only for him to magically return within the next year in 1333. Airion assassinated Titus in his sleep and then deemed himself King of Aerarium while King Lucius was away. Ezekiel, fearing his own death agreed to co-rule the kingdom with his nephew. Randok fled, and became a minion of the undead, never to be heard of again.

Airion, a foolish boy made many enemies much like his ancestor Thrain, Airion made war with the Exiled Dwarven clan, the Blackaxes. The war was simple at first, the Blackaxes outnumbering Aerarium, yet taking three times the casualties of Aerarium. The Blackaxes, fearing the worst, sought help from the evil clan known as the Black Cross. Aerarium didn’t think of much difference with the the now doubled army, because of their skilled soldiers, and fearsome commander Ezekiel. The allied forces stood no chance of defeating the mighty nation and were nearly wiped from existence. Kal’Urguan heard of this news and turned to war with Aerarium. Aerarium fought against Kal’Urguan quite well for being heavily outnumbered, for the Dwarven nation’s military was full of peasants, a large militia at best. Although in one of the defending battles of Aerarium, Airion was corrupted and sought for more power, he attempted to assassinate Ezekiel only that Ezekiel would live and flee, with none knowing of his survival except for himself. Airion then believed that he was the only living Obadiah left. He then lost the war to the Dwarven Nation, but was allowed to live under the service of the Dwarves. This is the last known history of the Templars until recently.

Modern History

A few years after arriving in Anthos, Lucius Murmillo II, son of King Lucius,(now known as Jarl Lucius Murmillo), and his brother Lucretius Murmillo came across a small wooden house near Kal’Halla, Jarl Lucius Murmillo’s city. Upon further investigation, they found an old dwarf at the end of his life. They spoke to the dwarf, learning that he was in fact, Ezekial Obadiah. They sat with him in the last hours of his life, learning of his life and the Templars. In his last moments, he asked them to adopt the Obadiah name and revive the Templar order. Lucius II and his brother both agreed to fulfill the dwarf’s last wishes, knowing nothing else they would do throughout their lives would be as honorable as this deed. They set out to Kal’Halla to construct their base, and begin the reconstruction of the Templars, which would now be known as the Red Cross, the Holy Order of the Knight’s Templar, and the Obadiah Order. The Templar have joined Hanseti and made name for themselves there, they also tend to the town of Kal'Halla and their fort there.

Templar_Knight_in_Battle_Dress_by_angelf*A large portrait of a Templar knight is here.*

Ranks and Positions

Grand Master: The Leader of the Order in charge of everything.

Noble Master: A noble in the Grand Master's council, they advise the Grand Master and have all power in things not concerning military.

Seneschal: 2nd in command of the Order's military, he is responsible for training the knights and commanding them in battle. Right hand man of the Grand Master.

Turcopolier: 3rd in command of the Order's military, he is responsible for training the sergeants and commanding them in battle.

Confanonier [standard Bearer]: 4th in command of the Order's military. A knight in charge of all of the squires, responsible for their training, and worship.

Templar Knight: A Holy Crusader who has risen throughout the ranks, he may take on a squire and train as well as command them in battle.

Crusader Knight: A fresh knight in the Order who is commanded by the Seneschal. He may not take on a squire.

Sergeant: The core footmen of the Order, they are the next step above a Squire. They no longer serve knights but continue to train and learn of the gods.

Squire: A petty servant in the Order, they serve Knights and learn the ways of the gods as well as swordsmanship.

Code

Honor: The Templar believe in a strict code of Honor, meaning they will not back from a fight or start an unnecessary one.

Loyalty: The Templar believe if anything is more important than the other codes, it is loyalty to the Order.

Chivalry: Although not enforced, the Templar believe a touch of Chivalry is all but better.

Chastity: Although the Templar do not restrict one from love, they believe that intercourse before marriage is a sin, and a man should only take one wife.

Respect: The Templar believe that respect is not given, but earned, and all should respect their superiors no matter how hated they may be.

Beliefs

Our Order believes in the Creator and fights for him. Those who join are required to worship and take the Creator as their deity and fight for his respect. Other deities aren't welcome in our order and you will be killed if you worship another. Regular praying and mass are required within our Order.

Recruitment

If you wish to join leave a notice on one of these fliers (This Post) and come to Kal'Halla, the Entrance of the Wilds and speak with either Lucius Murmillo II (sprintindwarf), or Lucretius Murmillo I (Rexx8)

Application

MC Name:

RP Name:

Race:

Skills:

Description of Self:

Reason for Joining:

Oath:

I, (NAME HERE), pledge allegiance to thou who hath taken me in arms as a welcomed soul. I
swear loyalty to the Holy Order of the Knights Templar and the Grand Master. I
pledge the oath of obedience, loyalty, and honor, and respect, and hospitality.

I will take a wife if be, but shall only live with one. I shall bed no woman before marriage, and take only one wife, and shall only devote to one woman. I take an oath to the temple of the Creator.
I take an oath of responsibility for my fellow brothers and represent their
name as the Order well. I shall not flee my oath, I will beg for mercy and
forgiveness had I done such. I will request permission from the Grand Master
shall I wish to leave my service. This being said I join my new brothers in the Order as I finish my oath statement.

Uniforms

Squire/Sergeant:4tkOBDC.png   nR5pcqZ.png

Crusader Knight (No Helm): lzgiFKh.png DbWUzGU.png

Crusader Knight (Helm): cQfItjW.png gSrgC6e.png

Templar Knight: sON46Em.pngb7KzyjF.png

Officer: 49TPuln.png pJijVEY.png

Other Notes: We are not copying anyone, this is a very old guild that me and rexx8 started in Aegis and we are restoring it finally after it was destroyed.

Current Members and Ranks

Lucius Murmillo II Obadiah (sprintindwarf) - Grand Master

Lucretius Mumillo Obadiah (Rexx8) - Noble Master + Seneschal

Vladimir Tovalin I Obadiah (arfavero1) - Noble Master + Crusader Knight

Ser Archandel (1111simon) - Templar Knight

Lyra Hammergrinder (charoodler) - Sergeant

Rarethorn (thewhiteknights) - Squire

Penn (Nyansabi) - Squire

Vaelan Tercalion (Vaelpy) - Sergeant

Karth Veik (Dartboy48) - Squire

Samual Brinkbriar  (PineappleWizard) - Squire

Decimus Brinkbriar (Afro_Panda) - Confanonier

Lux Tenebris (watyll) - Squire

Derrick (Forgot :P) - Confanonier

Former Members:

Fotike Obadiah - Grand Master - Deceased

Thrain Obadiah - Grand Master - Deceased

Titus Obadiah (drumstick607) - Grand Master - Deceased

Ezekiel Obadiah (sprintindwarf) - Noble Master + Seneschal - Deceased

Randok Obadiah (Rexx8) - Noble Master - Deceased

Airion Obadiah-Rinstrider (people884) - Noble Master/Grand Master - Deceased

Elrond (blackopskid7) -Squire - Deserter

Lorik (XtremeGamer714) - Squire - Deserter

Richerd Green (Thaddeus12) - Squire - Kicked for being and Idiot

Please cease the OOC on this thread. If you have any issues with the guild, PM the OP and bring those issues to them.

*Mirtok takes one of the posted notices from the board in Abresi, noticing the bright red cross. He scans over the document slowly, taking in every detail and thinking to himself. He let's out a sigh and turns towards his brother Darius . . .

"The Templars are making a come back I see. Didn't even give note to their downfall at the hands of the Teutonic Order way back in Aegis, what a shame it is. Perhaps what they lack in history lessons they can make in with a swift retaliation by their cousins in Black. Or mayhaps they have changed and might possibly be willing to join the same cause as our own. Only time will tell and it will either be one more war or one more alliance."

*Mirtok shrugs, as does Darius and they continue along their journey.

MC Name: arfavero1

RP Name: Vladimir Tovalin

Race: Human

Skills: Well trained with a bow and arrow. Mediocre with a war-ax. Very skilled with a dagger and sword. Minor training in necromancy from a young age.

Reasons for Joining: I hope to become a much better fighter than I am currently. I also wish to be able to help those in need of a soldier or knight. If given the chance I want to re-administer the greatness of the Red Cross and help those within the guild.

MC Name: arfavero1

RP Name: Vladimir Tovalin

Race: Human

Skills: Well trained with a bow and arrow. Mediocre with a war-ax. Very skilled with a dagger and sword. Minor training in necromancy from a young age.

Reasons for Joining: I hope to become a much better fighter than I am currently. I also wish to be able to help those in need of a soldier or knight. If given the chance I want to re-administer the greatness of the Red Cross and help those within the guild.

Accepted, Welcome to the Order

MC Name: Charoodler

RP Name: Lyra Hammergrinder

Race: Dwarf

Skills: Swords and Axes, but mostly blacksmithing.

Reason for Joining: My friend Vladimir told meh about the order. It seems interesting…

Rarethorn sees the flier and attaches a application to join. 

MC Name: thewhiteknights

RP Name: Rarethorn

Race: Elf

Skills: Scouting,Archery,Swordsman ship and Horse Riding

Reason for Joining: I like to serve military organizations as I have just retired from one. I also am interested in Yemikar and his beliefs.

MC Name: Charoodler

RP Name: Lyra Hammergrinder

Race: Dwarf

Skills: Swords and Axes, but mostly blacksmithing.

Reason for Joining: My friend Vladimir told meh about the order. It seems interesting…

Welcome to the order! You will be contacted by an officer as soon as possible with more information.

Rarethorn sees the flier and attaches a application to join. 

MC Name: thewhiteknights

RP Name: Rarethorn

Skills: Scouting,Archery,Swordsman ship and Horse Riding

Reason for Joining: I like to serve military organizations as I have just retired from one. I also am interested in Yemikar and his beliefs.

Welcome to the order! You will be contacted by an officer as soon as possible with more information.

(( The Application has now been tweaked slightly, all those who applied before are not required to make a new application, or edit their old one. ))

*A note is pinned under the fliers*

Notice: The Red Cross is looking for a priest to carry out religous rituals in Yemakar's name.

Leave a note below if interested!

-Noble Master and Seneschal Lucretius Murmillo I Obadiah of the Red Cross

Goddard sits, eyeing the note scowling through the flickering candlelight. He pauses, dipping his quill into the inkwell and dropping it onto the parchment.

"It has come to my grave attention that there is an Sanctioned Order which is under the Kal'Halla banner, this order, being yours. It claims to be a "Holy Order" but, this is false. It is not an Order of the True faith, instead it is an Order of a false religion; Dwarven Paganism. You will cease to call yourself the a "Holy Order" and cease to deceive the good people with your lies of a false religion. If you do not comply to with the Church's request, there will be consequences and action will be taken.

Signed,

-Pontiff Goddard I of the True Church of the Creator, Archbishop of Salvus, Metroplitan-Bishop, and Lord-Bishop of Kingston."

MC Name: Blackopskid7

RP Name: Elrond Linwelin

Skills: Elrond is very good weilding a sword and using a bow

Description of Self: Elrond is the innkeeper of kal'halla, he wants to keep the town safe from the impending attack.

Reason for Joining: *Refer to last line

Recruited by: Vladimir Tovalin (arfavero1)

MC Name: Blackopskid7

RP Name: Elrond Linwelin

Skills: Elrond is very good weilding a sword and using a bow

Description of Self: Elrond is the innkeeper of kal'halla, he wants to keep the town safe from the impending attack.

Reason for Joining: *Refer to last line

Recruited by: Vladimir Tovalin (arfavero1)

ACCEPTED! Welcome to the guild! One of us will contact you shortly

Goddard frowns, he hadn't heard news of his letter in days. Taking a moment to collect his thoughts he calls in one of his novices.. "Take this." he says, handing over a poorly copied of the last letter. "Bring it to the Grandmaster, as you did before." he says, pushing his novice off.