[General] More Medecine Roots

These are roots. Ordered from rarest to easiest to find.

Atheros - Found in jungles. Mostly Kha land. Grows near trees. Atheros is a white with brown and grey spotted root. Found under trees. Atheros is shaped somewhat like a snake. It is curved at the end, and has a long body. It is about two feet long.

Javens - Found in deserts. Mostly in the orcish badlands. Grows near water. Javens is a brown with greenish stripes on it. Javens is shaped like a sand spur. It isnt sharp though. It is very large, and easy to bite. It is about three x three inches

Biteit - Found in marshes. Grows under lilly pads. Biteit is a greenish type mushroom. It has some small brown spots on it. It is shaped like a mushroom. It is usually 2 x 2 inches

Now for the uses.

Atheros is a medicine. It is used to relive pain. It creates a great pain relive solution and/or potion, though it can be used raw. But it is best when mixed.

o Ingredients

0  Rubbing solution

[] Base: Lard

[] Two cups of Squeezed apple juice mixed with a bit of oil.

[] One juiced fruit smelling hop

[] A pinch of squeezed salvus sweet roll, that has crumbled

[] Two Atheros roots

[] Age for one elven hour. After that, it should be good!

This rubbing solution is used to help relive pain on the wound. Not to be drank.

o Ingredients

0 Drinking Potion

[] Base: Aqua Vitae

[] Three fruit smelling hops

[] 4 Atheros roots

[] a few pinches of  a squeezed salvus sweet roll, that has crumbled

[]  Age for two elven hours. After that drink. It should help to relive pain.

This is a drinking solution. Do not rub.

Javens is another medicine. Unlike the Atheros, this is for knocking people out.  Simply bite into it and in 5 elven miniuts, you should be sleeping like a baby. It is great for surgery. There is one potion you can make from it though. It lasts for 10 elven miniuts.

o Ingredience

0 Rubbing solution

[] Base: Lard

[] 3 pieces of Javens

[] One cup of squeezed apple juice, mixed with oil

[] One quarter of a piece of Biteit

[] Age for five elven miniuts

This is to be used to create longer sleeping. This potion will keep you sleeping for ten elven min.

Biteit is used mainly as a side needed root for medicines. 

There is one potion Biteit can create. It is called the clensing potion It helps to fight off infection. It is much more common. Created like this

o Ingredience

0 Drinking Potion
[] Base: Distilled Water
[] 3 peices of Biteit
[] 1 flat looking hop
[] 4 feathers

[] 1 flask of water

[] Put over fire, and wait until it boils
[] Age for five elven miniuts

First thing, I love the concept of this idea. Medicine lore is always good but I think this might need a little bit more work. Just a couple of suggestions:

1: In detailed description of the plants. You don't need to tell us it's reproductive cycles or anything like that- we just need to know what it looks like.

2: Different kind of syringe: a glass syringe is a little advanced for our time. I personally use one ICly that looks like this http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/syringebandages.jpg

Technically this one in specific was used for injecting mercury into urethra to cure syphilis, but you get the picture. Crude and metal.

3: finally, due to blood types, and our in character inability to even dream of ever figuring out what blood types are, I'd say that transfusions of any sort are Impossible to be done.

@hex

Maybe someone had tried it without doing that and they died? And then an alchemist came up with transferable blood, also i fixed the syringe.

I'm going to assume that this biteit is a herb for allowing blood to be transfused across blood types. However, the thing about not knowing what blood types are is that giving blood to anyone is likely to kill people at random, and doctors aren't under any circumstances going to be able to figure out why. Therefore, in order for anyone to figure out the usefulness of this herb, they'd have to kill many many many many people with trial and error to figure out that this exact herb has this exact property. For almost any healer, this is unthinkable, for any psychopath, this would be one hell of an undertaking, and in all likelihood they both wouldn't care for the wellbeing of others at all, and likely wouldn't healing people with it.

@hex Edited, if you want to see the new reason for it read that.

and 

@art Blood transfer would be done using a syringe.

Blood transfusions... Allow me to put it this way:

• Finding an artery would be incredibly hard and you would do more damage than good
  • How are you sealing the wound?
  • Blood types?

So no, blood transfusions aren't possible in a LotC setting.

@ super

#3  You can find vains easily in either your wrist, or your top of your elbow 

#2 This is not for sealing wounds It's to be used after the wound is sealed

#1 This mixture creates it so it is possible to mix blood types.

Now THAT be a good herb.

This now has my +1

Accepted on the condition that the weaponised use of Javens is removed. If this is acceptable, will move to Implemented.