[Utility Lore] Smoke Bombs

NQ5FOe1.png

Introduction ((OOC Explanation))

I would like to start of this post by saying that I have been told that people have seem to be using these so called 'Smoke Bombs' though there is no official Lore of the utilities, I thought that i could give something to the Rp metaphorical table and make such Lore. These little contraptions would bring a different style of Role playing when in combat, They are in no means reliable nor damaging to any who use them.

The device would be used at first by only those that know how to make and use these Bombs effectively, until eventually someone got their hands on one and took it apart to see its contents. I would just like to point out that these Smoke Bombs are in no way the perfect device and would not work alot of the time. The for this Lore is that I have seen countless time people getting Kidnapped by people who are armed and in full armor, though I should imagine that if you had such things people wouldn't go and stop you from taking a certain being, though I have never seen anyone strategically kidnap a being, with that being said this is where the Smoke Bombs would come in.

How were the mechanics created?

Sissiro sits alone in his chambers, at his table there are a few items none of any worth only things that he has managed to scavenged for dead bodies or his fellow cultists in the Arach Lodias. Though underground his chamber kept dry in all seasons, It was not the cleanest room anyone had seen since there was moss and tree roots breaking through the carved stone in the corners. On the floor only lay where he had started to pull the dry roots from he ceiling, Sissiro had gathered a pile in the corner of the room no bigger than a adults head. Sissiro sits back in his chair as he stares at what lies before him on his desk; 2 Two arrows, A few Mina, His Stiletto and finally his Pouch of Smiles  the majority of the items being everyday uses for Sissiro though today hes was intrigued as to why he had gathered Arrows other than them being jammed into some poor soles chest, Sissiro had found it amusing that such small creations could kill a man.

Sissiro continues to observe the Arrow, he takes his Stiletto and begins do plane the wood towards the end of the feathers causing them to be cut off, what Sissiro now had in his hand was a small device capable of throwing by hand at short distance to amuse himself while in his chambers. Each day Sissiro started to throw his little device at a made up manikin that he had placed at the far side of the room, it was made from cloth stuffed with wheat and leaned against a wooden broom in the corner of the chambers. Sissiro would stand about 5-7 meters back from the dummie before bringing back his arm and throwing the device towards the dummie  Sissiro had found a little game, one that amused him for hours before he was called out. Sissiro was not a perfect shot and countless time he missed the chest and hit a leg or arm, though what was to happen next really did excite Sissiro.

Sissiro took a step nearer the target, this time he brought back his arm further than before for this was it dead on spot, he thought to himself the harder he through the more likely he would hit the target. Sissiro swung as hard as he could aiming for the Dummie though yet again he missed, but this time he missed completely and the Arrow ricocheted of the wall hitting the ground with a huge crack. Sissiro saw his first insight into a spark, though the flash was very brief he could see and smell the after burn of the flint colliding with the stone wall, Sissiro inhaled the air through his nose the smell of smoke was present and Sissiro liked it up to the point where it reach his eyes and caused a small burning feel at his pupils.

The Realization

Sissiro had realized that the smoke had took an effect on himself causing a short time of blindness, Sissiro bent down to where the Arrow had struck the Stone around the area was fallen wheat from the Dummie and the pile of dry roots he was tended to, Sissiro dragged his finger where the small chip in the stone was a collected the residue on his finger before taking a closer look, it had appear to have burnt both Dry components. Sissiro gather the Arrow head for a second time, this time he collect more of the wheat and dried up root and created a small pile before him he then continued to pick up the Flint of the head and scratch it across the floor next to the small pile of kindling mimicking the same affect as when he throw it. Every now and again Sissiro saw a small spark though it took some time before there was one bigger enough to light the kindling.

Once a small piece of the kindling was set alight it become obvious that the fire soon spread until the small pile Sissiro had created was set ablaze, Smoke filled the air around him, the small fire lasted a couple of seconds though the Smoke lingered for a little longer. Sissiro coughed and spluttered wiping the Smoke from his eyes he begins to laugh aloud. Sissiro knew that what he had done could help to bring a new style in making people 'Smile' Though there was one major problem there was no way that Sissiro could carry all the ingredients around with him he needed a separate holder, one that would keep all of them together and when he needed it most there was no time limit on setting the device up.

Sissiro scurried over to the other side of the room where his desk was, he observed the table once more looking for ideas to created such a holder, he spent hours working out blueprints only to have them fault each time he tried, Sissiro became angry and swiped across his table knocking over a small pot where he had kept his Mina, The pot fell from the desk and as it hit the ground the impact made a loud smashing sound. Sissiro lent over to observe what had just happened he saw that the small pot no bigger than his clenched fist shattered all over the floor, Sissiro tilted his head thinking of how he could incorporate that into his design, for if he could make that work his intentions would become real. 

The Manic's Design

Over the next few days Sissiro works on his plans to create his so called Show bomb, one that he could use if he ever needed the distraction. Sissiro knew that the hardest part and the longest part of the procedure to making a small bomb was the patience he needed in order to wait for both the molded clay and kindling to dry, He knew that it would take a couple of days for each component to dry, with this in mid he could never make more then three bombs at a time due to the lack of Arrow heads he had collected. Sissiro knew that the molded clay would d have to be a small round container big enough to hold a few pieces of flint and kindling but still be small enough to carry about unnoticed.

Sissiro needed a mold so that he could create such a container, little did he know that the mold was already in the room, the skellington from early, the Femur bone from the leg that was left create the perfect container shape though it lacked a lid for the time being, Sissiro later found out that this was the perfect match to what he was looking for. He molded the wet clay around the Femur and then awaited for it to dry over the next couple of hours. Once dried he would gentle tap the other end of the bone so that the vibration would slowly losing the grip the clay had on the bone resulting in easy removal and thus making the container.

​Sissiro's next plan was to stuff the container very carefully with the needed ingredients first the flint then the kindling he made sure that each ingredient was bone dry and as he placed it in he took extreme consideration whether his shaky hands could handle the fragile movement. Finally the next stage was to create the clay lid, for this Sissiro carefully mold above the contents of the Bomb making sure that he did not get the Kindling wet, he waited a further few hours for the lid to dry and there fore making his first Prototype bomb.

Advantages

- If all works well, Small distraction occurs as the smoke surrounds the area

- A way to Kidnap or Escape in a certain situation

- Brings a different way to RP a fight

- Easier to make though long process involved

Disadvantages

- The RP Smoke Bomb would be /roll based (Equal or more than 15, It would go off)

- Can only ever have three at a time on Persona

- Can only use one in one battle due to the slight blindness it emits

- Very easy to make once the recipe is learnt (Accessible to anyone who has had contact with a Bomb)

- Very unreliable, if nothing more than 14 is rolled the bomb will simple smash on the ground

- Only usable on Stone/paved ground as the spark is needed to catch the kindling

- Throwing a bomb on Grass/Gravel will have no effect and the pot will just smash

Yes I am sure that you have all thought the same and concluded that the Person using this utility would also not be able to see so let me explain, the user would know where abouts he was throwing the Bomb and how it would work, So being prepared is the key to using the Bomb in the right manner for example anyone that uses the Bomb would know that there is a small delay for the kindling to catch fully in this time of 2-3 seconds you the user has time to figure out how you character is going to maneuver the situation whether that be kidnapping or escaping.

I would like to state that this is my first attempt at writing lore for LotC positive feedback is needed and please do say what you think about this topic :3

Its alright you should also add to the disadvantages that the user himself can't see through the smoke and is in a way blinded as well.

Its alright you should also add to the disadvantages that the user himself can't see through the smoke and is in a way blinded as well.

Working on that now :3

I like the lore idea +1 from me

Sounds good to me, but I have a feeling it would be power gamed. There is nothing wrong with what you wrote, it's more of the training for 1000000 year ninjas.

Sounds good to me, but I have a feeling it would be power gamed. There is nothing wrong with what you wrote, it's more of the training for 1000000 year ninjas.

May you please explain about the Power gaming? :D So i can work around it :3

May you please explain about the Power gaming? :D So i can work around it :3

Well, as I said nothing you did would not prevent it. The problem will be people not fully reading the lore, and won't roll... I don't know about you, but I am the kind of person who will only make a ban report if they refuse to side with me. I have only made one strike-report, and one revoke request, so the people that do not BR on the powergaming of this such get left out. (I don't even know if that makes sense, I ramble to a point were my point becomes invalid.)

Take my likes... thank the creator someone made lore on this...
USE THE LIVING HELL OUT OF THESE THINGS! YOU DESERVE IT!

Well, as I said nothing you did would not prevent it. The problem will be people not fully reading the lore, and won't roll... I don't know about you, but I am the kind of person who will only make a ban report if they refuse to side with me. I have only made one strike-report, and one revoke request, so the people that do not BR on the powergaming of this such get left out. (I don't even know if that makes sense, I ramble to a point were my point becomes invalid.)

If they do not roll then they will not be following lore, and hence shall receive an automatic strike.

If they do not roll then they will not be following lore, and hence shall receive an automatic strike.

Thank you for clearing up the problem :D

... Whelp, it seems my alchemic smoke bombs don't count anymore.

Any lore on them? :D I did ask the Lore team if there was anything legit on them?