The Hatters

V0idsoldier

Hatter_Gang_Hat.png

1_zps302ef463.png

HISTORY:

​The Hatters have been a ever-present part of crime since the beginning of Anthos. Founded by a street urchin in Abresi years ago, they have since thrived to become the most influential criminal group in the kingdoms. Originally operating solely out of Abresi and her gorgeous docks, they have since spread their wings, making brash claims such as "The world belongs to us". All stemming from their mildly bat **** nuts leader, Sabel. When first founded it was a mild success. Never seeing the light outside of Abresi. After a fallout with his members and being massively backstabbed by someone he considered a ally, Sabel took a long break from the Hatters.

After returning to the scene, he took upon two incredible partners. With their help, he once more raised from the ashes. A simple and yet deadly group, the Hatters are once again seeking to become the most dominant criminal force in Anthos.

Bases:

Currently one of the many safehouses the Hatters use it is a former blackmarket turned Hatter refuge located in Abresi. The location of which will of course only be shown after joining.

2013-10-24_214011_zps077b09dc.png

2013-10-24_214017_zpsbff3ad05.png

2013-10-24_214019_zpsb3ae8935.png

Thanks to the help of the lovely Erin, a boat has been acquired.

Converted_file_7354f24d_zps9dd115b8.jpg

This will be used from time to time either as a safehouse or to wage war against sea dwellers.

Though there are many more safeplaces to come, this is what is known so far.

Goals:

The goals of the Hatters are simple. Become the most dominant criminal force in Anthos. Having ties to several other groups along with powerful individuals, the Hatters will do this through sheer force. They are already well known in both the land of the upright and the lands of the seedy, and will use this reputation to their advantage. Currently their primary goal is to have every operating criminal working for or with them. They operate with supreme prejudice when it comes to dealing with enemies, using no mercy.

Money. Power. Women. Fame. They want everything the world has to offer. And they will take it, even if they have to pry it out of Anthos' cold dead fingers. 

Recruitment.

OOC: The letter would only find its way to criminals that are known or want to be known. Obviously this does not fit everyone. It is up to your discretion whether you receive the letter. 

RP:

A small urchin approaches you. He looks worn out and dirt poor. He looks up at you lazily, sticking a hand in his filthy pouch for something.

3_zps3565cbf3.jpg

He slides a letter out and hands it to you. Despite his condition, the letter is clean. Should you choose to open it, the following is written.

"Good evening sir and or madam. Whomever you may be, you have been thought of as worthy to my cause. I am Sabel, head of the Hatters. I will not bother you with semantics. You are a criminal, I am a criminal, and I want you to be my criminal. You are a thug, or a thief. A brigand or a killer. Whatever you are, I like you. Working for me will be the most valuable thing you do in your lifetime, of this I assure you. Should this interest you and you wish for our paths to cross, I have sealed within a.. Application, of sorts. I do not want the unruly to be part of my gang. Without further Adeu~.

((MC Name)):

((Timezone)):

((Skype)):

What shall I refer to you as?:

What can you do? Perhaps you are a thief, perhaps a simple thug, or perhaps something greater.:

((Any and all VAs. A large variety shall be accepted, though you will likely need at least something in order to qualify)):

Have you heard of my gang before, The Hatters?:

Why do you wish to join me on my crusade to the top?:

Should you fill this letter out, return it to my Urchin friend and he will see to it I get it. 

~Your's truly, Sabel"

OOC:

We are currently mass recruiting potential criminals to the Hatters. We are not a complicated group. We seek loyalty above all else, and the willingness to break the law. The Hatters are my ideal image of a very Victorian age street gang. They are rough and tough and love to break bones, but they look damn good doing it. Should things such as thieving, extortion, illegal trade, and a variety of other criminal activities interest you, then we would love to have ya. 

dishonored%2Bthugs.jpg

"I wonder if they even accept children." Dani chuckles.

Somewhere in Anthos, the first hatter and so called traitor, Jonathan slowly clenches his fists as word of increased hatter reaches him "One day Sabel" he says quietly under his breath, trembling slightly and his fists still clenched "One day"

Revan had been halted in his travels by the wandering Urchin; his attention caught by the letter the child offered. The masked Dark-Elf took the letter, unfolded it hastily and scanned it over with but a few glances before amber eyes narrow upon the script that he scans; a storm was brewing. The day was a cold one, and he felt uncomfortable reading a letter in the middle of an empty road whilst the servant of a criminal organization stood idly by for his conclusion on what the letter offered.

Folding the letter up, Revan instructed the Urchin to follow, and it did so obediently.

They arrived at an undisclosed location; Revan sits at a desk while the skinny messenger-child hungrily snacks on a small meal of cold Krug's Friendship Chicken and bread extracted from Revan's food-stores kept within the cold storage of his abode. In a slower manner, his eyes dart about and study the message that the letter offered; dark brows knitting as the seconds pass. He concludes his reading with a sharp, low,

"Huh."

The Urchin, well-fed and having given gratitude to Revan because of this, is sent from his home promptly after Revan writes a reply to this letter with the aforementioned letter carried by the Urchin himself. The letter, upon being opened by Sabel, would read the following.

((MC Name)):

Swgrclan.

((Timezone)):

PST.

((Skype)):

notxephos.

"They call me Jeremy; I bear no surname. Never needed one."

What can you do? Perhaps you are a thief, perhaps a simple thug, or perhaps something greater:

"I hold a variety of skills are my disposal, though my most prominent lies in magical prowess. I wield the art known as "Electrical Evocation" and it does well to suit my needs, whether they be based on self defense or offensive actions (mostly the latter). I may wield crossbows and excel in utilizing such a weapon. Because of these abilities, I would do better at acting as some kind of hitman or guard or thug rather than a thief or robber."

((Any and all VAs. A large variety shall be accepted, though you will likely need at least something in order to qualify)):

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/98827-abdiel-ipos-second-mini-villain-application/#entry897205 

Revan is the same individual as Abdiel. He shares the same evils as Abdiel, though utilizes them in a different manner. Abdiel's villain application is listed below.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/93393-unread-the-gravediggers-villain-application-44-references/?hl=swgrclan

"Most-certainly, and the fact that they have survived thus-far is impressive. I am not one to speak, however; had I run a gang under a city run by politically-blind idiots, I'd be dead months after it's dawning unlike you who knows what he is doing." 

"We share the same ideals. I'm a relatively trust-able gentleman with abilities that would suit your cause and you are a fine individual that would benefit me in turn; loyalty is passed to-and-fro because of this, and then progression follows."

(That texture pack is reallllly cool. What's it called, if I may ask?)

((Chroma Hills or something similar I believe))

Rokar cannot read, and frowns slightly as he simply gives the street urchin a kick up the arse and tells him to keep out of his pockets, before trudging to find Sabel and complain about the fact the urchin couldn't read the note to him.

The Urchin, well-fed and having given gratitude to Revan because of this, is sent from his home promptly after Revan writes a reply to this letter with the aforementioned letter carried by the Urchin himself. The letter, upon being opened by Sabel, would read the following.

((MC Name)):

Swgrclan.

((Timezone)):

PST.

((Skype)):

notxephos.

"They call me Jeremy; I bear no surname. Never needed one."

What can you do? Perhaps you are a thief, perhaps a simple thug, or perhaps something greater:

"I hold a variety of skills are my disposal, though my most prominent lies in magical prowess. I wield the art known as "Electrical Evocation" and it does well to suit my needs, whether they be based on self defense or offensive actions (mostly the latter). I may wield crossbows and excel in utilizing such a weapon. Because of these abilities, I would do better at acting as some kind of hitman or guard or thug rather than a thief or robber."

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/98827-abdiel-ipos-second-mini-villain-application/#entry897205 

Revan is the same individual as Abdiel. He shares the same evils as Abdiel, though utilizes them in a different manner. Abdiel's villain application is listed below.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/93393-unread-the-gravediggers-villain-application-44-references/?hl=swgrclan

"Most-certainly, and the fact that they have survived thus-far is impressive. I am not one to speak, however; had I run a gang under a city run by politically-blind idiots, I'd be dead months after it's dawning unlike you who knows what he is doing." 

"We share the same ideals. I'm a relatively trust-able gentleman with abilities that would suit your cause and you are a fine individual that would benefit me in turn; loyalty is passed to-and-fro because of this, and then progression follows."

The letter returns to Sabel within a day. His eyes fall lazily glance over it before dropping a few coins into the Urchin's hand. He slinks back in his chair, pressing his nail to the paper and promptly tearing it open. His eyes read over it, a small smile crossing his lips. "Jeremy the mage. Hm..." He  contemplates before grabbing his gear, whistling for a few cronies, and going off to find this man.

((ACCEPTED)).

((just gonna note: You put a picture of the Bottle-street gang up with the hatters... The two rival gangs of Dunwall.

That's like saying "Join the Americans!" and putting up a sign with Germans.))

((just gonna note: You put a picture of the Bottle-street gang up with the hatters... The two rival gangs of Dunwall.

That's like saying "Join the Americans!" and putting up a sign with Germans.))

[[i've played the game many a time. This isn't a representation of the bottle street gang, it is simply a concept image for the gang. Don't overthink it ;)]]

[[i've played the game many a time. This isn't a representation of the bottle street gang, it is simply a concept image for the gang. Don't overthink it ;)]]

((It is a render of the game. and its in the Distillery, The Bottle Street Gang's hideout... There is infact images for for the Hatter's gang. where they are actually wearing hats.))

((MC Name)): assassinmaster56

((Timezone)): EST

((Skype)): bradthegreat882

What shall I refer to you as?: Corvo.  My surname does not matter.

What can you do? Perhaps you are a thief, perhaps a simple thug, or perhaps something greater.: I have had lots of experience killing... Just recently, I was going to enjoy a drink at the inn, and some loudmouth began to shout. It ended with him being sent to the monks.

((Any and all VAs. A large variety shall be accepted, though you will likely need at least something in order to qualify)): ((I am very sorry, but I hold none at the moment. I will be able to re-apply for one on November first.))

Have you heard of my gang before, The Hatters?: Nay.... They just seem, interesting.

Why do you wish to join me on my crusade to the top?: I believe that I could be valuable to this group of thugs, because, I can kill, and I have no problem with doing so. I wish to join because I want to be known, and not a simple peasant on the streets, I want to be feared.

Should you fill this letter out, return it to my Urchin friend and he will see to it I get it. 

~Your's truly, Sabel"

[[MC Name]]: mthdominator

[[Time zone]]: EST

[[skype]]: rivervalelord

What shall I call you?

"Katarina works. Or Kat, Kitty, and Katherine.~"

What can you do?

"Well... Theft, seduction, corruption!~ Bring fun, throw a party, pick a pocket? What is asked, really.

[[Any and all VAs.]]

Katarina is accepted for theft, and corruption. More VA's to come, I can assure you.

Heard of the Hatters?

I have, mister.~

Why do you wish to join me?

For the giggles.~ Oh, and, money is nice too.

The man in the red scarf looks down at the dirty urchin holding out the letter. He looks at the urchin carefully, then snaps his hand out and grabs the letter. Slowly opening it while glancing up at the urchin once in a while, he writes a quick response and hands it back to the urchin.

((MC Name)): bickando

((Timezone)): PST

((Skype)): bickando/Exalted_Knight

What shall I refer to you as?: People liked to call me Stoneheart.

What can you do? Perhaps you are a thief, perhaps a simple thug, or perhaps something greater.: Just a simple thug, maybe a thief.

((Any and all VAs. A large variety shall be accepted, though you will likely need at least something in order to qualify)): This character has a VA for theft and corruption. I can get more if needed.

Have you heard of my gang before, The Hatters?: Let's pretend I have.

Why do you wish to join me on my crusade to the top?: Because this letter was given to me, and why not.

Reginald looks at the urchin questioningly, and cautiously takes the letter from his hand. He opens the letter and begins to read it, confused as to why someone would want to give him a letter. As Reginald reads on, he asks the urchin a few times to explain what a particular word means, or how to say another. After spending more than enough time reading and trying to understand the letter, Reginald reaches into his pocket...forgetting he doesn't have anything to write with.
Reginald asks the urchin shyly "Uhh...do you have a quill, or something..?"
The urchin doesn't reply, but instead reaches into his bad and pulls out a quill, then hands it to Reginald. 
Reginald takes the quill "Thank you" he says, and begins to write on the letter.

When opened, one would see very messy handwriting and some bad spelling, with dirty fingerprints on the letter. 

Re '

((MC Name)):
maccacad3

((Timezone)):

UTC + 10:00 (Australia)

((Skype)):

ben.mciver1

Um, well my actual name is Reginald, and I forgot my family name..ah, the orphanage children used to call me Reg, or Reggie...so, whatever you like sir.

What can you do? Perhaps you are a thief, perhaps a simple thug, or perhaps something greater.:

*Reggie thinks for a moment, thinking of who is, and what he has done to survive*
Well...I'm a thief, sir. But I only stole for my own survival! And...and to help the other homeless people! I'm...I'm not *there is scribble here*
I don't wanna just be a filthy street uurchin anymore. I wanna be like the others sir! You know...actually do stuff for people..for a living! Represent sumthin! 
I guess all someone like me can do for ya is steal things...but I'm good at! Well, I thinkin' I am sir.

((Any and all VAs. A large variety shall be accepted, though you will likely need at least something in order to qualify)): (( I have 1a and 1b. Link to accepted Acc VA:http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/103139-maccacad3-account-va-app/ )) 

*Again, Reggie thinks for a moment and looks up at the street urchin, who seems to be getting a little impatient*
I've herd of the Hatters before...yeah, I heard a fella talkin about em' in the tavern. Neva really undastood wat they were.

Well...cos I wanna be part of sumthin. Livin on the streets after five years, stealin for me own survival, ah, it gets to ya after awhile...ye get sad about it.
i wanna get with *a word has been scribbled out here* involved with people...earn things, work for things...be a normal person.
To be honist, ye a god send sir! A person askin for a thief, to be a thief, and thats all I'm good for. I'd reeally reeally  be *more scribble* gratefull for this sir...honest!

~Your's truly, Sabel"