[The Reforming] The Mages Guild

Moot

A piece of paper with shimmering ink sits nailed to the notice board, tree, or anything else applicable to your surroundings. It seems to resonate with magic, and seems to catch your eye.

A large bearded man stands beside you, birthday cake in hand, screaming  “You’re a Wizard [insert your name]!”

1fl5bgC.png

2oa0Sg6.png

Upon the acceptance of the most recent Archmage Kalameet Izalith, the Mages College will be reinvigorating itself once again. Here forth the College will no longer be referred to as such, but instead The Mages Guild. Along with the slight change to title, so too will our mentality be changing. If you are a simple common folk interested in the Arcane arts or even someone dabbling in them, I ask that you investigate that of which we offer. I assure you, you will be pleased.

OUvC6Yz.png

Triumvirate of Archmages

The Archmages are the leaders of the Institution, forming the Triumvirate, among themselves they are the most authoritative figures within it, each Archmage can influence the decisions of the guild, and do not require the others to do so, but large discussions will be made among the three of them.

((List:

Resia Sae’lantae [LolitaDoll]

Crumena Ilwindior [HeeroZero]

Kalameet Izalith [Kalamoot]

))

Archanix

The Archanix is the Librarian and Record Keeper of the guild, if this position is not filled, it falls upon the Archmages to ensure these duties are maintained.

((List:

Joe Orman [Joe_Blackman]

Achan-Chatla [Tentoa]

))

Guild Masters

Guild Masters are the most senior personnel inside of the Institution, aside from the Archmages and Archanix. They are voices of experience for the students, and will address most of their primary concerns, if those concerns cannot be addressed by the teacher.

((List:

Ceruberr Asul'Ailer [CaptainSheepy]

Silvos'Arvernan Sythaerin [bladeCreep]

Vedaer Sylvaeri [mthdominator]

Dasyra Linath [PandaC0mmander]

Iatrilemar Elervathar [brandNewKitten]

Rilath Ilwindior [shadowGunX]

Vane [iceliFreakx]

Haadi Mubdee [Eladriendil]

))

Instructors

Teachers are those among the guild that are at such a state in their magic that they are available to teach students, though they answer to the Archmages, they are not to be trifled with, especially by a lower subordinate.

((List:

Bayde [Roxses20]

Corvo [ventus2]

Ivaseer [Tsuyose]

Calendir Maeyr’onn [Raptor14]

))

Students/Graduates

Those named Student among the guild are currently learning magical arts, they have no real authority within the guild, their main duties being to follow the orders of their teachers and study. The Graduate is one who has completed at least one of his Teacher’s overall course, and are studying on their own.

((List:

Lafthi Sylvari [Archoly]

Jester [slic3man]

Alexander Horen [Draoii]

Sprat [Zarsies]

Bronn Grandaxe [Kaydovee_]
Saeldur [Princetonlax21]

Celty Wildvine [Cyndikate]
Sage Yhl'Natayshi [benbobitch]
Lincia Tundrak [bulldogsoccer8]
Seraph Crystallus [stiria21]

Chase Irongut [Dtrik]

Ayton Falo [sean_desed]

Vasilisa Ivanova [skyyobee]

Alirya Whitewolf [sapphireh2o]

John Vilcan [oddman11]

Juhn’Remdir [bubblesAndEpic]

Illuthan Vetruvian [Campor]

Alphie Renasi [strifeOr]

Sanguine [Hydra98]

Luke Arkshan [MinecraftMish]

Ayche [Draxagon]

Eliza [daanyolx3]

Avgust Steelwall [Origin_Lark]

))

Seeker

A Seeker is one who is obviously seeking magical studies and a teacher, or possibly simply acceptance into the Guild. A Seeker must go through an interview to be accepted as a student.

AKtlN92.png

- Non-domestic uses of magic within, or around the Guild will be severely punished. If word is sent to the Archmages of your digressions, you will be duly punished.

- Anyone teaching magic without Archmage permission will be severely punished. If you’re an official teacher you are void of this rule, however your students must be an official member of the Guild.

- Once inducted into the Guild, you will also be a member regardless the distance or time. If you break one of the Guild tenants, you are subject to punishment. You may be dismissed by one of the three Archmages, however good reason must be provided. Unless given dismissal, you will live your entire life in the Guild.

- Jurisdiction is as follows from highest, to lowest: Achmage, Archanix, Guild Masters, Instructors, Students/Graduates, Seekers. Respect the chain of command, and respect your superiors.

- Assaulting another member of the Guild is strictly prohibited. If an issue is at hand, the two parties are to see an Archmage for further assistance. If caught using magic in aggressive manners to tempt another party in violating this rule, you will be punished duly.

WwWiQQF.png

The Mages guild accept those skilled within magic, and those wishing to learn. Those currently possessing knowledge within a subtype shall either be known as a graduate or student depending upon their current learning status within the guild.

Upon your papers being received, you’ll be invited to an interview with a higher member of the guild who’ll determine if you’re the right candidate for the guild. If so you’ll be formally recognized as a student, then hopefully soon a graduate within the college.

The Form:

Your Name:

Your Age:

Your Race:

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning:

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?:

-OOC-

MC Name:

When did you join the server?:

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it:

ZCYPCyN.png

"Nice ta' see its return.." Haadi mumbled as a stray poster blew into whatever cave he'd been holed up in.

"I'm going to be a Librarian? ****..." Joe allows a frayed sigh to leave him, lowering his head in a forlorn manner.

Your Name: Chase Irongut

Your Age: 141

Your Race: Dwarf

Are you wishing to join the guild as a Mage, or a Pilgrim?: Mage

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning: Hiebe gave tips, lots and lots of books, Lucion, and more books.

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: Pyromancy, Arcane Shielding, and Enchanting.

-OOC-

MC Name: Dtrik

When did you join the server?: Like two-ish years ago.

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: Pyromancy - I think six-ish months ago. Arcane Shielding - three and a half months ago. Aeromancy - four months ago. Warding - week ago. Enchanting - month ago. Transmutation - three weeks ago. Watermancy - five months ago. (All of these I learned from books or teachers or both and spent time feeling each of them but never committing major character time developing but I know how to form all of these.)

Your Name: Old Man

Your Age: 114

Your Race: Adunian

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning:

Water Evocation- 9 elven months instructed by Elindor ((OOCly by Cruz))

Telekensis- 5 elven months shown by Elindor

Light Illusion- 3 elven months self learned

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: Water Evocation, Telekensis, Light Illusion

-OOC-

MC Name: Eddywilson2/Porkchopp2

When did you join the server?: 1.5 years ago

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: Said so above

Salamandra happens upon one of the notices, and removes it from whatever might be applicable for it in his surrounding.

"Upon the acceptance of the most recent Archmage Kalameet Izalith..." he says to himself, "the Mages Colleg- aherm, Deke's Funhouse, will be reinvigorating itself once again! Interesting." he mutters. "Here forth the College will no longer be referred to as such but instead the Mages Guild...Mages Guild.....erm....Kalameet's Revised Dark Mage Fun House! I'm a genius!" he exclaims, scribbling out "Mages Guild" on the poster and replacing it with Kalameet's Revised Dark Mage Fun House!" before hanging it back up.

Your Name: Natayshi

Your Age: 177

Your Race: Kharajyr

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning: The previous sage. He dead now. [[Grandfathered]]

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: Muun'trivazja

-OOC-

MC Name: Benboboy

When did you join the server?: 1st December, 2011

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: Muun'trivazja (Kha' magic). Was grandfathered to tier 5 mid-Anthos back with the magic system.

Salamandra happens upon one of the notices, and removes it from whatever might be applicable for it in his surrounding.

"Upon the acceptance of the most recent Archmage Kalameet Izalith..." he says to himself, "the Mages Colleg- aherm, Deke's Funhouse, will be reinvigorating itself once again! Interesting." he mutters. "Here forth the College will no longer be referred to as such but instead the Mages Guild...Mages Guild.....erm....Kalameet's Revised Dark Mage Fun House! I'm a genius!" he exclaims, scribbling out "Mages Guild" on the poster and replacing it with Kalameet's Revised Dark Mage Fun House!" before hanging it back up.

((I do believe it was originally Ambros' clubhouse, Salamandra. I'm attempting to actually make an accepting, open Guild for aspiring mages. But alas, stigmas will always be a thing.))

Beranbus arches his eyebrow as he looks over to Sala being Sala and sighs "Ye trueleh are crazeh Salamandra.. Bet t'at basicalleh sums up 'ow te guild be turnin' ou'... Ah yes! I 'ave stew cookin' in me home. Excuse meh.."

Liez'Ralin, a Mage that had not shown himself to the populace in a long time, reads over the note.

He slowly begins to clap.

((I'll need your skype. Forgot to add that to the form))

A letter is sent to Chase, detailing the need to come for an interview.

((I'll need your skype. Forgot to add that to the form))

A letter is sent to Natayshi, detailing the need to come for an interview.

Quinlan Campbell looks to the Mage's guild roster list, he looks down to another list of reported apostate users of dark arts. Many names appear on both lists! Quinlan decides to bring up the possibility of a purge to the Grandmaster.

Quinlan Campbell looks to the Mage's guild roster list, he looks down to another list of reported apostate users of dark arts. Many names appear on both lists! Quinlan decides to bring up the possibility of a purge to the Grandmaster.

((The Mages Guild roster would logically be in the archives of the Guild. It'd be quite redundant to show them to the public. I put them there for reference for numbers OOCly. Obviously that is quite confusing for many, so I'll make fix.))

Your Name: Ayton Falo

Your Age: 89

Your Race: Wood Elfski

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning: I read books and after the constant tries I've managed to get a small grasp of Electro Evocation.

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: Electro Evocation

-OOC-

MC Name: sean_desed

When did you join the server?: I joined 10 months I would believe.

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: Electric Evocation. I've been learning and practicing for about two months now.