Remove Raid Restrictions During War

Major Dom

Okay so the raid restrictions don't make a ton of sense, but I can understand and relate to the frustrations of a neutral city being raided constantly. However, when two nations are officially at war, it makes absolutely no sense to put restrictions on raids then. So maybe bandits raiding a neutral city would be watched for if they raided recently, and as such couldn't successfully raid, or maybe a city raided often would theoretically post extra guards, but when two nations are at war, there is literally no reason for an army or troops of a nation not to raid the enemy city or encampment. Most warring nations are already okay with leaving out raid rules during times of war as it's fun for the troops involved, but I think it'd just make a lot more sense to put it in writing. 

Nope

What about people we just want to sit down and have peaceful RP? Don't just say 'move away' , because where is there to go? Not everyone came on LOTC to PVP.

I'm fine with it, but I believe those who are not involved in the war should be excluded from the change.

Nope

No -1

Mind actually giving a reason?

What about people we just want to sit down and have peaceful RP? Don't just say 'move away' , because where is there to go? Not everyone came on LOTC to PVP.

If your city is getting raided during times of war, don't put on a status and you will be left out of the PvP.

I agree. If a nation does not wish to go to be in battles, then it must not go to war. If the citizens are worried about dying, they can do the RP-Correct thing and move to another nation as a refugee until the war is ended. Not all of us came to PvP, yes, but we all did come for some major RP events. And if you don't wish to be apart of a war, then don't.

Mind actually giving a reason?

Of course. Being in a war doesn't mean that the people within the town/city/nation necessarily want their RP ruined, in the same way one in a neutral nation doesn't wan't their RP ruined.

-1 From me.

Nation leaders should, of course, have the right to suspend raid rules on themselves, but not others. If you're at war, talk OOCly with the other leader, set something up.

Allowing free raiding during war opens up too many loopholes. It's nice in theory... but with our community, it'd be abused. A faction of bandits could claim to be at war with x group, and suddenly be entirely free from any raid restrictions. 

Of course. Being in a war doesn't mean that the people within the town/city/nation necessarily want their RP ruined, in the same way one in a neutral nation doesn't wan't their RP ruined.

Merely set no status, wear no armor, and do not involve yourself. Continue RPing as usual and the raid will most likely leave you untouched. 99% of the time it will take place between the guard force and the raid force.

-1 From me.

Nation leaders should, of course, have the right to suspend raid rules on themselves, but not others. If you're at war, talk OOCly with the other leader, set something up.

Allowing free raiding during war opens up too many loopholes. It's nice in theory... but with our community, it'd be abused. A faction of bandits could claim to be at war with x group, and suddenly be entirely free from any raid restrictions. 

I agree it could open loopholes Relgard, so maybe instead of a total removal we could just put an extreme relaxation into place? I'm open to suggestions.

Perhaps border towns?

Say two nations are fighting, they directly border each other. The closest town to the border, on both sides, is designated as the 'Border Town', and raid rules are lifted from it. If one side gains land, the border is pushed and a new town is vulnerable.

I think it should be determined between nations. When the Orcs raided the high elves they brought way more than the restricted number but that was okay because we were having fun. Then humans showed up and killed a lot of orcs and then dwarves killed humans. Tons of orcs came back and it turned into a massive 5-way event battle including the scourge.

Point is this; These restrictions allow us to be mad at one another and have a viable rule to be mad over. If it were gone then we might see more numbers but we will also not restrict the dynamic raiding RP that has ALREADY been happening. I am all for allowing fluidity with numbers so long as the raid times and cooldown stay.