[The Reforming] The Mages Guild

Moot

Can I get a confirmation to my question, you would appear to be the best possible source to confirm or deny my suspicions.

Can I get a confirmation to my question, you would appear to be the best possible source to confirm or deny my suspicions.

A letter would be sent in response, a red wax sealing confirming it's yet to be opened.

" Dear Sir/M'am,

I may lack typical illusion, yet I do however have mental magic, another form of it. In my personal opinion such a desired effect would be extremely difficult to create, if not impossible with normal illusion.. However, with mental magic we're more forceful within our illusions so it stands a more capable chance of succeeding yet further research would be required to allow us definitive results.

~ Guild Master Dasyra Linath."

I do not come to inquire about joining, I only come to have a confirmation on a matter that you of your statuses may be capable of answering. What chances are there for magi of illusions to conjure optical illusions as a means of disorientation and the like?

As a Master of such an art, I may dawn you with some enlightenment, ridding you of such ignorance surrounding sensory illusion. As a rule of thumb, sensory illusion but have three basic steps in mind, also known as the three rules of illusion.

• Illusions are tricks, and not a means of combat. This is to further the strength of an illusion, and lower the chances of it being broken.
  • To create an illusion, you must first experience the sensory example. If you've never seen a sword, you cannot replicate it into an illusion. If you've never been stabed, burned, or cut in the way you'd like to recreate it, you cannot create it. Illusions are facts, not assumptions.
  • An illusion must be logical, else it's doomed to fail. In term os sensory illusion, if your illusion doesn't make sense, it'll last but a few moments, then vanish. If you create a feeling of pain within someone, it will disipate unless you've a visual que to make it seem realistic. For example, forming the sensation of pain within someone will simply desperse after the initial shock of the pain. However if you send an illusionary arrow into someone, followed by pain, it'll last much longer as it seems they were really shot. But do always remember the first rule.

So to your question, can an optical illusion be made to disorientate an enemy? Most likely, aslong as it's done well. But for a more define awnser, more define questions would have to be asked. I hope this aided you.

- Archmage Kalameet

Kraal stares blankly at the poster, nothing heard from the Lich, just the soft breeze blowing his robes. The Lich's arms crack as he folds them, looking at the dozens of applications that litter the wall "Mages coming out of the wazoo," says Kraal, as he begins sturdily walking away.

Your Name:

“Kraal”

Your Age:

“... I’m too old to say …”

Your Race:

“I’m a creation of Necromancy.”

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning:

“I taught myself Illusion, with guidance from others, I’ve been learning for more than an elven year. Arzota taught me fire evocation, after learning the most of it me and him parted paths, I’ve been leaning this for an elven year. Al’bhakthal Zu’skaldn (Phobism), I was on of the first to learn this magic, Knotos (watyll) guided me through the learning of it, I’ve been learning this for nine elven months.”

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?:

“Fire Evocation, Phobism, and Light Illusions”

-OOC-

MC Name: _Kraal_

When did you join the server?: The October of Aegis

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it:

Illusion - May 2013

Fire Evocation - July 2013

Phobism - November 2013

Necromancy (a simple spell that’s bound to me upon birth) - November 2013

Your Race:

“I’m a creation of Necromancy.”

Denied.

Your Name: Ineesha Vehranda

Your Age: 23

Your Race: High Elf

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning: I have been studying for as long as I can remember. My earliest readings as a child were in the arts of evocation, and in the study of the elements. Exhaustive, pointed study began when I was 18, so 5 years ago.

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: Evocation. Fire evocation the most so. I seek the guild to hone my skills across all elements.

-OOC-

MC Name:

When did you join the server?: July 2

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: Both were addressed in the IC section.

A notice is pinned up in the Mages Guild hall, the tower and a few around Alras.

The notice would read:

The following students have been expelled from our ranks due to inactivity

and for a distinct negligence towards their studies.

Jester [slic3man]

Celty Wildvine [Cyndikate]

Illuthan Vetruvian [Campor]

Alphie Renasi [strifeOr]

Luke Arkshan [MinecraftMish]

Let this serve as a lesson to our current students. If you are slothful in your education, you will face expulsion. It is a privilege to be a part of  and study in this esteemed Guild.  Those who put in the effort shall reap the rewards.

A list of our current students and staff:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13TPqTE9lcv_4CeyIWzie5SuG5qYqfYweZJzJfLiOCo8/edit

The following are sent letters to come for an interview:

Arken Ardere-Sylvari [PiercingDarkness]

Aver Ailer [ryanheff74]

Kornar Aedor [Jax973]

Tee Ryndir [teegah]

Ineesha Vehranda [TheUndeadGamer]

- Archmage Ceruberr Asul'Ailer

Arken jumps, rushing off to be interviewed. 

The Form:

Your Name: Grunkk

Your Age: 127

Your Race:Mountain dwarf

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning: No teacher wishing to learn

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: none wishing to learn

-OOC-

MC Name: danial_tosh

When did you join the server?: to have some fun and because I love rp servers.

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it:None looking to learn

APP

The Form:

Your Age:127

Your Race:mountain dward half elf

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning: None looking to learn

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: None looking to learn

-OOC-

When did you join the server?: 1 week ago

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: None looking to learn it

Arthur looks down at the empty piece of parchment infront of him. He thinks of all the fun things he could do with it: Make a paper bird, draw some pictures, or even throw it at that fat old lady he doesn't like. But no, he decides to make an application to the newly founded Mages Guild. After a while of him sitting at his desk while writing away, Arthur would then carefuly attach the peice of parchment to his 'trusty' pigeon named Terance and send it in the direction of the Mage's Guild.

If and when it did reach them, the application would look something like this.

NXQLcdO.jpg

-OOC-

MC Name: Ventios

When did you join the server?: Asulon

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: Haven't learnt anything in the way of magic as of yet. Thus why i'm looking to learn it.

APP

The Form:

Your Age:127

Your Race:mountain dward half elf

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning: None looking to learn

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: None looking to learn

-OOC-

When did you join the server?: 1 week ago

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: None looking to learn it

A letter is returned to Grunkk.

Mr Grunkk,

after speaking with you and hearing what knowledge you seek you have

unfortunately  been denied a position within our ranks.

Arthur looks down at the empty piece of parchment infront of him. He thinks of all the fun things he could do with it: Make a paper bird, draw some pictures, or even throw it at that fat old lady he doesn't like. But no, he decides to make an application to the newly founded Mages Guild. After a while of him sitting at his desk while writing away, Arthur would then carefuly attach the peice of parchment to his 'trusty' pigeon named Terance and send it in the direction of the Mage's Guild.

If and when it did reach them, the application would look something like this.

NXQLcdO.jpg

-OOC-

MC Name: Ventios

When did you join the server?: Asulon

If applying as a mage, list your magic type and state when you have begun learning it: Haven't learnt anything in the way of magic as of yet. Thus why i'm looking to learn it.

A letter is returned to Arthur Paxtera.

Greetings Mr Paxtera.

Thank you for your application. We request that you make your way to our halls in Alras for an interview. We eagerly await your presence.

Numerous notices are pinned up within the Guild's halls and around Alras. 

It would read:

dIQgC8r.pngThe Mages Guild

Greetings all.

Positions for Apprenticeship have become available so applications are now officially declared open! If you desire to study and learn the mysteries of the Arcane, feel free to apply. You will be educated in the dominant and one of the oldest institutions of magical study and training. 

Once your application is received, you will be called in for an interview with one of our staff members where you will be asked various questions and they will determine whether you are worthy to gain tuition in the Guild.

We eagerly await to hear from those willing to dedicate their time and effort into this

esteemed Guild.

- The Archmages 

Kalameet Izalith & Ceruberr Asul'Ailer

The following Apprentices have been expelled due to lack

of effort and activity within the Guild.

Alirya Whitewolf  [sapphireh2o]

Sanguine [Hydra98]

The following are invited to come to our halls in Alras for their interviews:

Arken Ardere-Sylvari [PiercingDarkness] Denied

Aver Ailer [ryanheff74]

Kornar Aedor [Jax973] Revoked

Tee Ryndir [teegah] Revoked

Ineesha Vehranda [TheUndeadGamer] Revoked

Arthur Paxtera [Ventios] Accepted as an Apprentice

Poppy Carteret [EmilyBlackheart]

Glacio Whitewolf [fitermon] Accepted as an Apprentice

Asher Faelcyn [spiffytaylor411] Accepted as an Apprentice

Thank you, and have a splendid day!

((Updated list of students and staff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13TPqTE9lcv_4CeyIWzie5SuG5qYqfYweZJzJfLiOCo8/edit))

The Form:

Your Name: Howard

Your Age: 33

Your Race: Human

If joining as a mage, clarify on who has originally taught you, and for how long you’ve been learning: I am not a mage yet, so no one has taught me.

What affinity of magic are you skilled in?: My mind has a natural learning ability for arcane magic and invocation. 

-OOC-

MC Name: drfate786

When did you join the server?: Many Years ago in the year 2010 or 2011 i was banned for years due to simply being obnoxious and i was unbanned 2-3 years later on my first attempt in a ban appeal due to the fact that i became much more mature.