[Lore] An Addition To Soul Puppetry (+ Lock To The Magic)

Malaise

Soul Puppetry doesn't need a lock at all. I have added you on Skype, I wasn't able to add you before because I was rather busy.

Is it true that self teaching soul puppetry can potentially kill you, like necromancy?

Soul Puppetry doesn't need a lock at all. I have added you on Skype, I wasn't able to add you before because I was rather busy.

SCYLLA OMFG MY FAV.

...sorry...carry on

Is it true that self teaching soul puppetry can potentially kill you, like necromancy?

It definitely can. You're using your own life force as power, you're able to drain yourself if you don't watch out. Teachers can share their life force with the student, which makes learning it from a teacher more safe.

SCYLLA OMFG MY FAV.

...sorry...carry on

Ajax, Achilles!

While I cannot speak for the lore portion of the soul puppetry, I can chime in happily on the locking portion. Soul puppetry as I am seeing works in life force just like necromancy. Necromancy is locked because drawing away life force will kill you and cannot be self taught as a result. So from that reasoning this rule too applies to soul puppetry and the lock makes valid sense.

No where in the lore does it say Soul Puppetry uses life force. He refers to necromancy, as that does require a Necromancer to share his own so a pupil does not die. Soup Puppetry offers no such danger.

It definitely can. You're using your own life force as power, you're able to drain yourself if you don't watch out. Teachers can share their life force with the student, which makes learning it from a teacher more safe.

No where in the lore does it state that Soul puppeters use life force, and in no way can soul puppeters transfer life force.

The source of the magic is actually unknown, and you guys should probably leave it that way.

No where in the lore does it state that Soul puppeters use life force, and in no way can soul puppeters transfer life force.

The source of the magic is actually unknown, and you guys should probably leave it that way.

Why is it able to be self taught, with that being said?

Why is it able to be self taught, with that being said?

Because the writers of the magic stated no wish for it to be locked.

Very well. If an FM could move this, I no longer wish to pursue this change.