[Lore] Blood Magic - Second Generation

Raptorious

I like the lore and all, but this seems like an invitation for powergaming. While I would love to see these guys in events, seeing as how our playerbase as a whole has a distinctly power-hungry, play-to-win attitude, I'm not certain I would want this in the hands of players.

I /really/ like the creation behind it seeing it was made first with a wide board of experienced players, its not too OP if faced against it, and that its beautifully described with the images and format! Keep making Lotc proud +1

As I've said about, Urasept may have been an original Blood Mage, but his blood magic differed largely from what was originally done and what this is here. His was blood bending and blood control, whereas this is not.

Yes and no, Yrindril only did that once, and that was to stab gemmy because it was... gemmy... lol

I have talked about wanting to do similar little parlor tricks with blood, but never did as it wasn't feasible at all.

I will say I do like how you have it written(please don't take as any confirmation), and may consider helping you out with it on Yrindril if things pan in favor. 

Yes and no, Yrindril only did that once, and that was to stab gemmy because it was... gemmy... lol

I have talked about wanting to do similar little parlor tricks with blood, but never did as it wasn't feasible at all.

I will say I do like how you have it written(please don't take as any confirmation), and may consider helping you out with it on Yrindril if things pan in favor. 

Well thank you, I'll take that as a compliment. My skype is on my forum profile if you want to talk to me about it.

+1 from meh

I'll speak about what I know about Mana-lifeforce.

Pretty much the concept of Carrier mana is quite interesting, and I had never thought about it. Thought there are a few things wrong with the diagrams. It seems that you make the mana come from the void, when it's said that all living things have mana. It's produced by the living being, it doesn't come from the void, it kind of it's just to access the void and do magic based on it. This doesn't really ruin any part of your lore thought, just that you probably just need to change the diagram a bit. The Carrior Mana would be mana created at the moment, and being with the life-force in the blood stream before turning into normal mana.

Also, life-force doesn't turn to mana, it's has nothing to do with mana.

No mana is converted to life-force, since mana is produced, not received.

I would sugest something of the kind of:

Mana is produced and gathered with life-force, it is carrier mana.

Carrier mana then becomes normal mana and can be used for normal arcane spells and other stuff.

The Carrier mana can be removed and used by blood mages.

Also if this lore is accepted... Contract magic is part of blood magic =P

I'll speak about what I know about Mana-lifeforce.

Pretty much the concept of Carrier mana is quite interesting, and I had never thought about it. Thought there are a few things wrong with the diagrams. It seems that you make the mana come from the void, when it's said that all living things have mana. It's produced by the living being, it doesn't come from the void, it kind of it's just to access the void and do magic based on it. This doesn't really ruin any part of your lore thought, just that you probably just need to change the diagram a bit. The Carrior Mana would be mana created at the moment, and being with the life-force in the blood stream before turning into normal mana.

Also, life-force doesn't turn to mana, it's has nothing to do with mana.

No mana is converted to life-force, since mana is produced, not received.

I would sugest something of the kind of:

Mana is produced and gathered with life-force, it is carrier mana.

Carrier mana then becomes normal mana and can be used for normal arcane spells and other stuff.

The Carrier mana can be removed and used by blood mages.

Also if this lore is accepted... Contract magic is part of blood magic =P

The conversion process is a recent and more in-depth discovery as to how mana actually works in relation to life-force and what it actually is. That lore change was actually discussed with Geo and Kalameet a while ago and the change went through and is understood by most of the Necromancers now, simply not posted yet.

And it's been my understanding since Asulon and since dsdevil taught me original magical theory, as well as confirmed by Kalameet, that mana flows in streams from the void, through every living thing and collects in pools within them. The conversion process that I have written is simply what happens when it is in the body.

And I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I would welcome it. I wrote this lore for two reasons. 1) For people to get creative 2) For this to work in conjunction with every type of magic out there.

Have you considered doing something that was in one of swgr's old necromancy lores: use of blood magic to "supercharge" corrupts that magic? It's aesthetically different, a darker, more sinister form of the original magic that telegraphs the involvement of blood to those who can recognise it.

Have you considered doing something that was in one of swgr's old necromancy lores: use of blood magic to "supercharge" corrupts that magic? It's aesthetically different, a darker, more sinister form of the original magic that telegraphs the involvement of blood to those who can recognise it.

I have considered it, I have enjoyed that idea and I have included it. See the aesthetics section.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/109424-loremagic-dark-shamanism/

^ Shaman version of that. ^

The conversion process is a recent and more in-depth discovery as to how mana actually works in relation to life-force and what it actually is. That lore change was actually discussed with Geo and Kalameet a while ago and the change went through and is understood by most of the Necromancers now, simply not posted yet.

And it's been my understanding since Asulon and since dsdevil taught me original magical theory, as well as confirmed by Kalameet, that mana flows in streams from the void, through every living thing and collects in pools within them. The conversion process that I have written is simply what happens when it is in the body.

And I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I would welcome it. I wrote this lore for two reasons. 1) For people to get creative 2) For this to work in conjunction with every type of magic out there.

While many have talked about saying life-force and mana are the same or are created from eachother, it breaks too many magics, including necromancy (mostly necromancy), but as well as contract magic, and many lores about dead things like ghosts and the like. It also brings questions as to why wouldn't mages be able to turn more mana into lifeforce, and many other stuff. So life-force and mana, while being connected with eachother, are not produced from eachother. So best way is to simply have them as different things.

Now, if the mana that is 'produced' comes from the void or not, is something that no character would ever be able to find out, so it would be unknown lore that doesn't need to be created, thought it can be speculated IC. Holes and possibilities and lore breaking stuff rise with the creation of details like this, which really aren't needed for anyone's roleplay.

Removing the "Lifeforce turns to mana and mana turns to lifeforce" would not really influence any part of the lore, and make it so that it doesn't break other roleplay and lore created, and carrier mana can still very well exist, as the state of mana before it can be used by the character, since only the mana that is of that character can be used.

You currently have about 12 rogue dread knights that would **** you up. I look forward to our final confrontation.

Dread Knights based on Blood Magic rituals devised by the Blood Mages. If I remember correctly, they're bound to serve the 1st Gen Blood Mages, the reason they haven't been is because 1st Gen Bloodmages aren't what you'd call common.