Re-Locking All Magic

Hydra

Re-locking magic  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should magic be re-locked

• Yes and explain why in a comment
    • No and explain why in a comment

I'm on the edge slightly about this... I say yes mostly though, I think magic should be locked because it was a lot more enjoyable when the RP was rarer to find, now you can just be in any city, village, forest, anything and you'll find magic. It's gotten to the point where the RP isn't cool anymore. When it was locked magic was a hard thing to come by and it was VERY enjoyable to run across a magic user. I suggest purging all the magic apps and getting every current magic user to create a magic application with sufficient evidence they learnt the magic.

Plus a lot of magics are PGed now a days lololololololololol

Btw no one has to re-learn, they just have to have evidence they learnt it.

That's the issue. This is something that someone dearly wants for their character, motive aside, and you think that anyone else should just have the ability to say no? Perhaps, but then we take away their right to learn it on their own? The Druids offer Dedicancy to anyone who can prove themselves with a few lines of role-play, and that's why we've been around so long, because we're not elitist jerks who believe our magic should only be confined to the few.

I don't see an issue with allowing self-teaching (In cases where a subtype isn't overflowing as is. In Mid-Anthos, we had a time where fire-evocation had about 5 times as many users as any other magic - If that's the case, find a teacher) if the player provides a valid reason.

I want to have a proper list kept of magic roleplayers, not to make it difficult to access, but in order to allow punishment for those who often fail to rp it. A list of users so we can revoke and blacklist.

If we do go back to the old MT system, which I think we should/should (mixed opinions), then the time it takes to boost up tiers etc. should be lowered EXTREMELY 

If we do go back to the old MT system, which I think we should/should (mixed opinions), then the time it takes to boost up tiers etc. should be lowered EXTREMELY

it used to take the better half of the year to be t5 of a magic

If a person doesn't know how to roleplay a magic properly, then talk to them and try and help them out (not just ICly, but OOCly). It's honestly not hard.

Magic isn't complex, folks.

Although I am no offical here, shouldn't this topic be put in feedback? Not Role Play Ideas? 

Other than this, the topic has been made many times, near the end of the day- it always brushes off, my point here is un-needed yes or no, maybe both? Look at it this way, we have guild lock magic, we have advanced magic and than we have everyone can learn magic.

Though next, we will hold the magic-plugin, to which most guild lock spells won't matter as anyone could have the potential to have them, as with advanced magic and than everyone magic... Everyone should be given a fair chance, as if you want to focus on magic in the plug-in. Good luck fighting someone with a iron blade and iron armor who has 20 hearts, when you have 10 and shooting AOE or projectiles spells...

---

Neverless the system will always crash, and people will get over it. Just leave it at that, and lock this needless flame drama war that will go on thread...

If a person doesn't know how to roleplay a magic properly, then talk to them and try and help them out (not just ICly, but OOCly). It's honestly not hard.

Yeah, I say go with Cray's statement. I don't mind people slipping away from the standard rules of magic for the sake of fun and creativity, but if they slip away from the standard rules of magic for their own, selfish benefit, then I think it would be suited to tell that person to roleplay magic properly. If that person refuses, then they're likely to be stuck-up and need a change of mentality.

Yeah, I say go with Cray's statement. I don't mind people slipping away from the standard rules of magic for the sake of fun and creativity, but if they slip away from the standard rules of magic for their own, selfish benefit, then I think it would be suited to tell that person to roleplay magic properly. If that person refuses, then they're likely to be stuck-up and need a change of mentality.

Yeaaaaaaaaa but then it happens again and again and again until moderators look into it.

This is my view on it:

If you want magic locked to keep yourself special, then I want swordplay and marksmanship locked too, right?

So many people powergame using swords, shields, axes, and crossbows, so they should all be locked too?

The answer is no. Nothing should be locked, because that would be stupid.

The last thing we need is more IC "RP Clubs" feeding people's false perception of self-value, like the Mali'Aherals have (with exceptions, of course).

Note: I'm using the high elves as an example because it's something we all can relate to. If you somehow consider replying and "defending" the group I must be so mercilessly attacking: don't even bother. I'm giving a personal opinion and an example; not ammunition for a flame war.

This is my view on it:

If you want magic locked to keep yourself special, then I want swordplay and marksmanship locked too, right?

So many people powergame using swords, shields, axes, and crossbows, so they should all be locked too?

The answer is no. Nothing should be locked, because that would be stupid.

We used to have a sort of lock on those, Villain Apps.

As much as I would love to see VAs again, that's an argument for a different thread.

I'm not interested in keeping myself special, I'd be more than willing to give mine up for a better system. Creativity with swords and shields and crossbows end with slashing, stabbing, blocking, and shooting. The creativity with magic ends with what the staff decide is the limit. The way to allow more creativity in magic is to get the staff to trust the magic players more. The way to do that, is to improve the overall quality of magic RP, and in my eyes, the way to do that is to create some form of gating for magic. Certainly not as extensive as prior magic apps, but something that prohibits a character from becoming a master wizard over night.

The last thing we need is more IC "RP Clubs" feeding people's false perception of self-value, like the Mali'Aherals have (with exceptions, of course).

Note: I'm using the high elves as an example because it's something we all can relate to. If you somehow consider replying and "defending" the group I must be so mercilessly attacking: don't even bother. I'm giving a personal opinion and an example; not ammunition for a flame war.

It would be nigh-impossible to fully contain the magics that have been released. Anybody who managed to, say, get every evocationist into his guild would be doing something extremely impressive.

And as a side note, is it possible for you to say something without trying to attack the high elves?

I agree with Darkdragon. A lot of magic types need a huge nerf, if anything. Somehow, we've got master wizards and mages running all over the place. It's so easy to get pro.

And yes, I can say things without using the high elves as some sort of target. Thanks for pointing it out.

Allison-Brie-Oh-God-Now.gif

because we need more reasons for some players to think theyre better than others : )